Here goes nothing... (or alot I hope!)

Hi there. I started Lipotrim today and really hope I can stick with it, with support from all the troopers on this forum. I attempted it a couple of years ago, but admittedly was not in the right frame of mind to carry it on past five days. The pharmacy I was with last time were great, but I feel I'm not going to get much encouragement from the one I'm with now.

I read on the website about urine tests. Do you all get tested when you go to get weighed?

Also, I realise alot of the weight lost in the first week is water, but can you physically tell a difference after the first weigh in?

Thank you for your time!

Hiya!
I am Donna, I am only on day 4 so not the most clued up on all of this obviously!!!

I dont know if I get a urine dip when I have my first weigh-in, wont know until Friday - but I have bought my own dip sticks so I monitor it at home. I hit ketosis by the 2nd night and by day 3 was well up and running... so from that point I dont mind if I dont get a test, infact it will save me having the trouble of finding a toilet with a buggy in tow! ;)

As for first weigh and seeing the difference, I already see and feel the difference since I started. My jeans are rolled over at the top today to keep them up - I am bout 9lb down on my own scales and my stomach has shrunk unbelievable amounts which I presume is all fluid... it used to be bigger than my boobs but I can actually see a big dip when I lay down now.. its been a few years :D I cant wait to see what happens by Friday.. its exciting stuff!

Look forward to getting to know you

Donna xx

No, the pharmacy does not do a urine test. I did feel a slight difference after week 1; I had to go in another hole on my belt. I started seeing a difference after 2 weeks as I had quite a pot that went from under my boobs all the way down to the bikini line. Once the fat started coming off I could see this reducing when I looked at myself in profile and I quickly had to go in another hole on my belt. After six weeks, in clothes my entire torso now looks pretty flat although I know that there's still lots more fat to shift. But the difference is striking. I'm in another 3 holes on my belt and will have to visit a cobblers to get an extra hole put in as I continue to shrink. After that it'll be a new belt as there is no more space for any more holes. Good luck with it. Stick it and it'll be one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.

Hi there. I started Lipotrim today and really hope I can stick with it, with support from all the troopers on this forum. I attempted it a couple of years ago, but admittedly was not in the right frame of mind to carry it on past five days. The pharmacy I was with last time were great, but I feel I'm not going to get much encouragement from the one I'm with now.

I read on the website about urine tests. Do you all get tested when you go to get weighed?

Also, I realise alot of the weight lost in the first week is water, but can you physically tell a difference after the first weigh in?

Thank you for your time!

Hi there and welcome. I think you're quite right about needing to be in the right frame of mind for this diet to work.
It would be lovely if your pharmacy was encouraging but you can get so much from this forum, it's not the end of the world if they're not. I think it also depends on the time of day you go in and what sort of mood they're in! Some days they might be really busy and just go through the motions, other times they will be supportive and thorough. I'm very lucky with my pharmacy as the girl who weighs me is actually on LT but most haven't got the experience and expertise of the 'troopers' on Minimins.
No, they won't do a urine test unless you request it. Just buy your own packet of Ketostix and test yourself at home.
I definitely felt a big difference in the first week because I didn't feel bloated but everyone's different. Best of luck, babe! :D

Its my first weigh in tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous. I've had a pretty easy week, been 100% even though I was down with the flu. Had to cook a feast for some visitors yesterday, and wasn't tempted in the slightest! I hope all goes well at weigh in tomorrow!

Wow, you sound tough! Coping with flu and cooking a feast without even being tempted:dead impressive! ;)
Don't be nervous about tomorrow - look forward to it and enjoy the buzz. It sounds as if this diet is really going to suit you. Good luck, hun. x

Thanks Jessie! Would love to do as well as you. I'm not tough really, I always have the motivation and willpower at the initial stages, but its later on that it becomes a problem! But this time I'm in it for the long haul! My problem with other diets has been not being organised, but LT doesn' require any organisation, so I have no excuse. Nervousness turned to excitement, thanks!

Good luck at weigh in faith! :)

Thats excellent well done xxx

Well done, babe - not just for the fantastic weight loss but also for sticking to the horrible first week with flu.
Hey I've just noticed that cos you've lost more than half a stone already you've gone below 200lbs. Result! :D

Well done! X

well done x

Back