Here goes, this is VERY honest, but needs to be said

slimmerwithin

Hi everyone, I have been hoverring here for a few weeks and have contacted a CDC who has supplied me with my first two weeks of products, I am about to have my first shake after this post. Today is the day.

However, I also have an additional hurdle, I believe that I am also alcohol dependent to a certain extent. Not a raging alcoholic or anything like that, but I have drank nearly every night for many years (a bottle of red wine or so) and if I am being honest with myself it is always the alcohol that has scuppered my attempts to lose weight.

So, I have taken the bull by the horns and been to my docs to ask for help. She has given me some mild sedatives to help me through the first few days and a drug called antabuse (frightened me to death cos I thought this was for real all day drinker alcys), she said that it will just ensure that I CANNOT drink alcohol, so it takes away the choice (wouldn't it be great if there was something that did this with food as well). She also said that if I did drink even a small amount I would be violently ill. It is my choice if I take the tablet every day, but it is an additional crutch to help me on my way.

So here goes, the first tablet has just gone and I am off for my first shake.

I hope you guys will still support me through this (I know it is a bit of a different case and some may shy away from me because of it), but I really need your support more than ever.

Just writing it down and admitting it to others is a huge relief, and I really feel that armed with the help of my docs, the CD diet and the support of you guys that this time will be it! I am very scared, but at the same time soooooo excited.

I think you have been extremely brave and have certainly taken your first step not only to losing weight but to resolve your drinking problem.
You sound like you are in the right frame of mind and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck.
And if you are ever struggling, just pop on here and there will always be someone around to listen.

Hi everyone, I have been hoverring here for a few weeks and have contacted a CDC who has supplied me with my first two weeks of products, I am about to have my first shake after this post. Today is the day.

However, I also have an additional hurdle, I believe that I am also alcohol dependent to a certain extent. Not a raging alcoholic or anything like that, but I have drank nearly every night for many years (a bottle of red wine or so) and if I am being honest with myself it is always the alcohol that has scuppered my attempts to lose weight.

So, I have taken the bull by the horns and been to my docs to ask for help. She has given me some mild sedatives to help me through the first few days and a drug called antabuse (frightened me to death cos I thought this was for real all day drinker alcys), she said that it will just ensure that I CANNOT drink alcohol, so it takes away the choice (wouldn't it be great if there was something that did this with food as well). She also said that if I did drink even a small amount I would be violently ill. It is my choice if I take the tablet every day, but it is an additional crutch to help me on my way.

So here goes, the first tablet has just gone and I am off for my first shake.

I hope you guys will still support me through this (I know it is a bit of a different case and some may shy away from me because of it), but I really need your support more than ever.

Just writing it down and admitting it to others is a huge relief, and I really feel that armed with the help of my docs, the CD diet and the support of you guys that this time will be it! I am very scared, but at the same time soooooo excited.

first of all can i just say well done for admitting that you do have a problem and secondly for seeking help. That in itself can be a huge hurdle to overcome.:)

You have come to the right place for support and encouragement.

Good look on your CD journey, it isnt easy but we are all in the same boat and we can help you along the way.

debs x

How brave to admit about the alcohol, ithink its more habit than addiction, you will be amazed how you will not even want to drink on this diet, i to like my drink and now again have a day or 2 of and eat and drink, its the only way iv stuck with the diet. wishing you good luck on cd, just drink loads of water and soon with in days you will feel so much better and look better too. x

How brave you are:)

I don't post very often but when I'm struggling I read the forum.

Good luck to you.

I don't think anyone would shy away from you.

Bloomin eck you are taking on two big things at once! Just be careful!!

Once you get going on the diet, after a 2nd/3rd day, you should feel full of energy and the first weigh in makes it so worth while!:scale:

Good luck to you with both of your challenges, i've not been on here long but yes it is soooo supportive! :grouphugg:

hey there honey. i would imagine your first couple of days are going to be really hard. you are tacking two huge decisions at once. make sure you look after yourself and just stick with it. i'm told a couple of days down the line you will start to feel amazing. this is only the beginning of my second day, so i'm with you all the way on this one.

good luck hon. you are being very courageous!! but it will pay off :D

abz xx

Thank you for being so honest it must have taken a lot to share that with us all.

I wish you all the luck in the world and we are all here to support you as and when u need it xx

Hi,:)
I am so very happy for you! You are so brave to admit your problems and fighting against it and I really hope you will cope well. Hopefully members at minimins can support you more than me but again I wish you the best!

Hiya Slimmerwithin welcom to minimins and well done on starting both of your big journeys and being so brave as to share them with us.
I can kind or relate to what you are going through, when I started I also had alcohol dependency issues (never was brave enough to share it with everyone like you!). Hopefully the one bit of information that helped me through it will also help you so here goes...
Dangers Of Alcohol When In Ketosis

Welcome again and if you ever find yourself needing to talk things out, or just feel like celebrating an achievement just give us a shout, we're always here for you!:hug99:

Hiya, this is the just the start for you your getting everything dealt with 1st time straight up. well done for comming on and telling us, we are here to help support you.Your a very brave lady here's wishing you lots of luck with cd :)

becky x

Good luck with both of your journeys!If ever you need any support there will be lots here!
Heres to the new you...toasted with a lovely glass of mineral water!

That was a brave admission but well done for seeking help. You've probably taken the first & biggest step.

Want to wish you success on both journeys xx

Hello

All I will say to you is you are so not the only one in this situation. I've been doing the diet for 9 weeks now and it's the healthiest I have ever felt in about 9 years! Dealing with 2 issues is hard, yes, but not dealing with them is disastrous in the long run. I personally felt that as I was committed to making one set of dramatic life changes, then it was not that much more of a commitment to make all the changes I needed to make sure I was alive at 40 :)

Good luck love, keep your eye on the finish line and remember that you will have really bad days but you will also feel so much better about yourself if you don't give in. I can't say that I don't think about going out and getting smashed every now and again but the important thing is I don't give into it.

XXXXX

just wanted to congratulate you for your honesty.

you sound so motivated and driven and i want to wish you all the luck in the world...

most of us are just tackling weight on CD but to do both weight and alcohol issues is gonna be tough. but you sound ready to do it.

good luck and remember to come on here if you are feeling down and want to talk.

xxx

Hello hun and thank you for being so brave and opening up to everyone the way you have. (((((( ))))))

You've set your mind on 2 very hard goals and sound as if you're more than determined to see them through. That's a really good start and I know I'm not the only one here who'll be rooting for your success! :D:D

Keep coming back here, you're always guaranteed help, understanding, support and love. I wish you all the very best hun, you can do it. :D XXXX

Firstly, Welcome :)

CD can be hard enough without the additional problems of addiction, but I so admire you for not only accepting you have a problem but for taking action on it and being so brave as to admit to it in publis.

I think somettimes admitting to others is the first step of accepting things yourself.

Please don't be too hard on yourself if you find this journey hard and perhaps stumble along the way. So long as you get back up and carry on, no harm will have been done, and most importantly you will have proved to yourself that you CAN do this, and to trip along the way merely makes you human.

Good luck, and please keep us all updated on your progress. The beauty of Minimins is that whatever time of day or night you need a friendly chat or even to ask for some advice or help, someone will always be here.

Don't be afraid to post bad things either, as you will get so much help and understanding, as well as the odd kick up the rear;), that it is an enormous help.

Hi and welcome :)

You are so brave identifying and confronting your problems. You sound so determined so I know you will get there.
As said earlier once the first 3 - 4 days are over you will feel fantastic :)

Best of luck with your journey and keep posting on Minis.

Back