Here goes....time to get my groove back!

Thank you lovelies. I knew I could count on you for some fabbo recipes. Sally, would you believe my slow cooker died on me the last time I used it which resulted to me coming home from a rare afternoon to myself expecting to just go home to a lovely roast dinner to find my chicken barely warm!!! :eek: :eek: So, I need to buy a new slow cooker. Anyone know where I can get a half decent one for not many pennies?

I'm definitely going to try some EE days this week but to do that I definitely need some breakfast and possibly lunch ideas. I borrowed my groups copy of the All in One book lastnight so have photocopied loads of recipes from it and will hopefully get to make some of them this week. I've really missed sitting down and eating what everyone else is having and because of this it sometimes feels like such a faff doing sw but I know that it doesn't have to be. My main issue would be preparing all the food as I can't leave my boys alone for too long or they start knocking lumps out one another (quite literally!!! :rolleyes:) so something that I could just prepare, bung in and heat would be great.

My EE day is going well so far. This is what i've had today:

Breakfast: Banana, yogurt, quark, summer berries (had this at 6am so hence the need for a snack)

Snack: 3 ryvita crackerbreads (3 syns) low low spreading cheese (1/2 A), apple

Lunch: 2 venison sausages (1 syn), bacon, 2 eggs, beans, and a load of mushrooms and onions, brown sauce (1 syn)

Planning on having minestrone soup for dinner and a WW petite pain (B) with ham and cheese on it.

Then will have my syns in the form of some popcorn or a packet of velvet crunch and maybe a kinder bueno. Will update later when i've had it!!

hun, I think most of my week is extra easy and I've chucked up my menu for this week on there, I did the same last week, it's in a bit of a grid. I've said under the day if it is anything other than EE. That might help with lunches.

Thank you Fran. Off to have a look now. I seem to think the only thing I can have on an EE lunch is bacon, sausage, eggs and mushrooms!!!

Thanks Fran. How do you even begin to work out your weekly menu? I have no clue where to start. I have a feeling it might take me all night!!

Your menu looks good btw. Oh but what are eggs florentine?

To be fair that's pretty yummy. Haha. My lunches aren't too exciting this week. I'm trying to stop spending all my time in the kitchen

That's what i'm worried about, that I end up spending half the day in the kitchen cooking up all these EE meals i'm going to be making!!

For some reason I seem to think when you do EE you have to have meat and carbs at every meal!! :rolleyes: I forget that I can still have my green meals as long as I put SF with them!! Doh!!

Anyway, I ended yesterday with having my minestone soup then the ww petite pain but I topped it with my other 1/2 A choice of Low Low cheese as I couldn't be bothered cooking bacon. I really enjoyed it.

Then once the boys were in bed and I sat down to watch my fave TV show just now 'Chase' I had a kinder bueno (6 syns) and paprika popcorn (2.5 syns) so that took me to 13.5 syns for the day which i'm happy about. Will maybe try to have a few less syns today though as I don't want to have that many every day.

So, this morning I've decided to do another EE day. We were talking in class on Wednesday about the benefits of eating protein first thing in the morning as apparently it makes your body burn fat whereas if you have fruit for breakfast your body holds onto the fat so I started the morning with a protein rich breakfast and it was yum yum in my tum!!!

Breakfast: 4 bacon medallions, 3 eggs, scrambled and lots and lots of mushrooms for my superfree, with a dribble of brown sauce (1/2 syn)

Lunch will be Minestone soup with 3 ryvita crackerbreads (1/2 B) topped with Low Low cheese (1/2 A)

Not sure what to have for dinner yet but i'm going to make something from the all in one cookbook. Some really fab recipes in there and i'm going to go shopping this afternoon to get the supplies in so will report back later with what I had.

Not got much planned for today. Taking DS1 to nursery soon then will come back and try and figure out my meals for the next few days at least. I don't think I could manage to do a whole weeks planner just yet.

Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

Attachments

• Brekkie.jpg
    Brekkie.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 39
Welcome back Tooty good to hear from you again. Your brekkie looks lush I could just eat it lol. I had banana on toast and a cuppa. Im off work today waiting for the physio to ring about my back, then helping Daughter and Son in Law do some moving to their new house. Ill be supervising of course lol.

Hope you have a great day - it sounds like you have your head back in the game good luck for the week ahead hun x

Good morning all :wavey:

I was working yesterday so didn't have time to post on here but I had a good day on plan and did a green day as I like to have my 2 A and B choices when I'm at work as it's a long day for me. Work was fine, not too busy and I had nice patients to look after which definitely makes it a lot easier and makes the day pass quicker.

I've been having eggs every day for breakfast since I got weighed on wednesday so I boiled a couple of eggs before I left and ate them on the way to work. I definitely think this fills you up for a bit longer and I'm really hoping for a good loss on wednesday. So, yesterdays food was like this.

Pre-Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, Aldi benefit bar (1/2 B)

Breakfast: Fat free greek yogurt (1 syn), quark, sweetner, summer berries, 3 ryvita (1/2 B) with Low Low spreading cheese (A) cherry tomatoes (I know this is rather a lot to have for breakfast but the way I see it is that it fills me up and stops me from eating the chocolates and biscuits that the patients hand in!!)

Lunch: Quorn lasagne (homemade) used my other A choice for this, TDML, melon

Snack: Banana, 2 hifi rocky road bars (B)

Dinner: Breast of chicken chow mein (7 syns) 10 prawn crackers (3 syns)

Total syns: 11 :D

Back onto an EE day today I think. We're going to take the boys to the local Jack and Jill Market to see if we can pick up a couple of Peppa Pig toys as both of them seem to be obsessed with her just now. Personally I think she's a cheeky little madam but I just keep those opinions to myself!! :rolleyes:

Will be back later with an update on my food. Think we'll go out for lunch so i'm going to try to find a Nando's or a Harvester so I can make good choices.

Have a good Sunday :)

Thanks Fran. Had a lovely ee day yesterday. Will post my food when I'm properly up. I wish my child.would sleep!!!

Back