Here goes...

Tell us about the job :) x

Thanks all. New job is to be a Project Manager for a Research fund. I'm not really sure yet to be honest but it feels exciting to be leaving where I am. I'm having some real trouble with money at the moment and just found out that by leaving my job I get all my pension contributions back. Not at all good long term and I lose all the company contributions but should be a nice cash injection to get me out of my overdraft and help me pay off my loans (eek!)
Today marks one week of no smoking, and I reached my first 1/2 stone. MsPiggy, you're right, I am feeling quite proud of myself!! Do you have a diary? I looked for you but couldn't find you...

I know it's silly but I'm feeling a bit sad. I'd been really pleased with my efforts so far - not smoking for a week and losing half a stone - and then tonight I had to make a short video. when I watched it back, I felt huge and realised just how far I have to go. As I said, I know it's silly. That I didn't put the weight on overnight so I can't expect to lose it overnight but it really got me down :(
I deleted the video straight away... I guess I should have kept it as a reminder?

Yes hun, keeping the video would have given you a great before and after..because you ARE going to have some stunning 'after' photos, videos etc to compare it with..never stop believing that :)

Take a pic or video hun just for your own use..and look at it monthly and compare how far you've come. Try not to look at the 'bigger picture' if you seewhat I mean ;)...it is so daunting to think of how much you want to lose, i have to think of it as a stone at a time..its not so upsetting that way! ..and hey...I'm still heavier now than your starting weight, but thank God, it is now melting....so come on lovey..if I can do this...anyone can :)

chin up, you will never return to the size you are now, so you NEED a photo or video to remind you!

(p.s. mzpiggy has a diary in this section hun, maybe she's slipped onto page 2..i must go and rescue her!!! :) )

Thank you rainbow Rose. Your message really made me smile and I love the idea that the size I was at the beginning of this journey is the biggest I'll ever be! I'm also trying not to get stuck on how quickly this will happen. As you say, it's each pound at a time.
Wobble over and back on track!

Hope you're having a good day...

uh oh. one month in and I’ve been doing really well - and have managed not to smoke for the last 2 weeks :) and then last night went to a bb and managed to eat a whole days worth of points in one evening. It was ridiculous as well as before I went I even calculated how many points I had and what exactly I’d eat. Not sure what happened as I wasn’t drinking I just couldn’t seem to stop eating :) decided it was too many to even try and do damage control and claw back points so today just started again my points as if it was a normal day. wouldn’t usually be worried but wi is TOMORROW. have done loads more exercise this week tan normal (cycling to new job 40 mins each way and a 45 mins kick boxing class so am just crossing my fingers that the damage isn’t too bad. thinking (hoping) maybe I’ll stay the same. will update this time tomorrow...

That's the spirit selma, just start again today, new day, new start..and away we go!!! :) Temptation is very difficult to resist when you have hunger pangs, next time temptation is in the air, try to drink a couple of glasses of iced water before the temptation devil puts in an appearance..while you can smell the food, but not actually see it or taste it! :)

fingers crossed for weigh in, you've done so very well, don't give up hope, you may be surprised, and what you had at the bbq might not even cancel out your prior weight loss during the week!

have a good sunday :)

Oh no!! It was worse than I thought... I put on a kilo :( oh well. At least I didn't put on during a week where I thought I'd done really well. First gain (and 5th wi) so just have to put this week behind me and start afresh... Still haven't smoked and started a new job last week so could've been much worse!

Don't worry Selma, you'll lose that wee gain in to time at all, and as you say you kinda knew why, so that is far more accceptable and kinder to the mind..than gaining and you have no explanation! This whole thing is a learning curve and we all learn plenty along the way :)

well done on resisting the urge to smoke, that really shows you have a ton of willpower..so onto next week and a big grin on those scales!!! Good luck :)

Hope ur well sweetie! Sorry for being AWOL! Xx

How are u my lovely? Nice weekend? xx

I haven't disappeared! I'm just having a crazy couple of weeks. Have started new job but haven't finished old job yet!! Working 7 days a week and now I have a friend visiting. Life (and diet) are all a bit over the place but only have one more week and then I'm back on it, and back on minimims. Want to catch up with all your diaries and my own it's just going to have to wait a while.
Hope you're all well...
x

Hope the new (and old) job are going well! Look forward to an update :) x

Back