Here I go again, confused!

Chala1972

Right here goes, I just looked at Heinze tomato soup and that is 3.2 g of fat per 100g, so does this mean I can have a can for my dinner??? :sigh: I will get there in the end I promise :eek:

Yes, anything under 5 grms per 100 grms is fine.

Seems high tho as a half a can of soup is 5.9g so the 400g tin would be 11.8g!!!! How can that be ok???? This is why I am confused lol

You have to look at portion sizes. 400g of soup may not be a very substanial dinner for 11.8g of fat but is within the rules. I would perhaps have half of the soup and a piece of wholemeal toast.

Ahhh so honestly you think that a 400g tin is too much? Hmmmm maybe have to start looking at my portions, I am starting my tablets tomorrow so am trying to gather as much info as i can x Thanks for your help :)

400g is about right for a protion of dinner I just think that tomato soup won't be a very filling one which is why I suggested the toast to go with it. I would look in to the GI diet as it shows which foods are filling and more satisfying. If I had a tin of tomato soup for dinner I would be very hungry soon after but if I had a meal of chicken sweet potato and veg weighing 400g would feel full. It is very confusing to start with!

Thanks very much for your help, it's making me think now! The problem I have had for over 18 years is not caring or thinking about what i eat, now i WANT to think about it, its last chance saloon for me now :)

I have the Heinz Big Soups quite often - all the ones I've tried have been within the rules, and they're more like a casserole than a soup! Really filling, and very tasty :D

Thanks for that Alex, will give them a go! I am a self employed van driver so I have to deal with boredom and quite limited dinner ideas, I am looking at getting a food flask so i can take hot soup for my dinner some days :)

i have the heinz chunky veg soup, its the onloy soup ive have as im not a soup person but these are chunky and not like having a flavoured thin soup. they are in the rules,i have a whole can if im going to have it,with a piece of brown bread, not for dinner but for lunch.. but it all depends on my hunger really and what i plan on having for dinner and whether i want something heavier or lighter later. :)

if youre going to be having soups daily then maybe you could make your own batch

xoxo

Thanks for that Bunny, think I am going to search out some recipes :)

your welcome...you may find some recipes on the sw section too :)

xoxo

I was looking at the heinz soups today too and i had the same problem understanding ..i am new to this too just about to start my full day tomorrow.. so i just left the soup in the shop! my math was never a strong point and the fear of getting my calculations wrong now scares the living be jesus out of me because of the consequences.. ali your fone needs to be well charged as i think its going to be ringing rather a lot... this site is so helpful and friendly im glad i was pointed in this direction..
katie x

Making your own soups is dead easy :)

My lentil soup is..
1 leek
3 good sized carrots
½ swede ( turnip to us Scots ;))
approx 150g lentils ( you can use as much or as little as you want)
3 knorr ham stock cubes
dried parsley
salt & pepper

cut up the veg , bung in pot, add lentils, stock cubes, parsley, salt & pepper, and then cover with water ( I use a big soup pan, so I add probably 4 ½ pints of water) Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Once the veg can be crushed with the back of a knife, its ready :) Allow to cool and then blitz with a hand blender ( or leave if you prefer chunky soup). Keep in a container in the fridge :)
Easy peasy :D
When I have my soup, I measure out what I'm having ( I always have 300g of soup), and I mark it down as 69 calories ( this is because I was buying those fresh soups, and the lentil one was 69 cal for 300g). Fat wise, its well within the 5% fat as nothing in the soup is over this :)
x

Making your own soups is dead easy :)

My lentil soup is..
1 leek
3 good sized carrots
½ swede ( turnip to us Scots ;))
approx 150g lentils ( you can use as much or as little as you want)
3 knorr ham stock cubes
dried parsley
salt & pepper

cut up the veg , bung in pot, add lentils, stock cubes, parsley, salt & pepper, and then cover with water ( I use a big soup pan, so I add probably 4 ½ pints of water) Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Once the veg can be crushed with the back of a knife, its ready :) Allow to cool and then blitz with a hand blender ( or leave if you prefer chunky soup). Keep in a container in the fridge :)
Easy peasy :D
When I have my soup, I measure out what I'm having ( I always have 300g of soup), and I mark it down as 69 calories ( this is because I was buying those fresh soups, and the lentil one was 69 cal for 300g). Fat wise, its well within the 5% fat as nothing in the soup is over this :)
x

Thanks again Ali! :D

Back