Here I go again...for the last time!!

Princess-Jader

I am back once again to begin a new, fresh weigh loss journey! I managed to lose about stone and a half a while back and kept it off until I recently lost my job and obviously the usual massive food eating over Christmas. I need to do something this time because me and my other half of 6 years and 8 months have finally set a wedding date for April 2014 and I really really want to be 10 stone by then!

Currently weighing in a 16 stone 8 pounds so gained back half stone of my previous weight loss. I am not following any particular diet at moment, just eating less and moving more!

So I have 6 stone and 8 pounds to lose by April 2014...doable?! 15 months ish?

I hope so! Bring it on!

You can so do it!! I lost a stone and a half nearly and I haven't been trying anywhere near as hard as I could have been...someone in group has been going only a few weeks longer than me and shes shifted 3 stone...shes about the same stats as you...we're on slimming world and its working wonders :) Good luk, how are you planning on doing it?

I found a good one for weight loss is cycling, if you have a bike...build up to cycling to work and soon you'll be fitter and weight will drop off :)

It's brilliant you've got a proper reason why you way to achieve the weight loss, I think that is the best motivation you could ever get!

Good luck, I will be following this diary with interest :)

Thank you both for your lovely comments! I vaguely tried slimming world a couple of years ago but as I was alone, I went to one session and felt alone and freaked out by whole thing that I never went back :( shame really because I have heard such good things. How you finding it? Wow, you have done amazingly well, if I do anywhere near as well I will be super happy!

Past couple of days have been hard...horrible christmas chocolates and biscuits still lurking around the house. I actually can not wait for them to be over and done with and out of my house! Start my new job Monday and really looking forward to having some routine back into my days because I just get up when I want, then spend day eating rubbish and have nothing else to do. I'm still stuck with what to do exercise wise...I don't like exercise, I like the gym but can't really afford, I hate being seen out and about in daylight so I am thinking either really early morning and late evening going for walks to start with then build up to jogging then running. I think I need to get back into my dance central and just dance games too!

It is pretty daunting - it took some gentle persuasion from my colleages to finally go along to a group - and I don't think i would have done it on my own but I'm so glad i did. I still eat lots of stuff, and don't feel like I'm on a diet as I don't drink unless I go out - and then its just a night out...damage is done. Only had one gain over 3 months which was xmas. It seems to work well for most of us, but if your not comfortable going on your own then its a difficult one :(

I fed some xmas crackers to the birds outside, was tres satisfying but I did at one point contemplate running out and grabbing them back. Eugh! New job might just be the ticket for ya, write out some meal plans, and ease yourself into a new job with new structure...exercise wise its up to you really - some people in my group don't exercise at all and still lose, so if you do want to do it, make sure its something you enjoy and will want to do...this is where you will build healthy habits, not by forcing yourself out of bed at 6am for a run ! Good luck!x

Oh dear, what a day! Haven't exactly eaten loads but what I have chosen to eat hasn't been very good lol. What do others do for exercise? I'm struggling to find something I enjoy n that is cheap! Might start doing evening walks with the other half x

Edited signature and statistics after I weighed myself on the scales I would be using each month. I can't seem to get into the exercise side of things but don't think it helped that I started new job this week and Im struggling to keep up with it all! Overload! I really, really, really don't want to be a fat bride!!

I know a lot of people use the Nintendo Wii, games like Active and Just Dance are really good! I personally like Just Dance, they have good cardio workouts in it.

You could try a DVD? Or even search circuit/cardio videos on YouTube? or buy a cheap exercise bike; £60?! Apparently bikes are one of the quickest ways to tone up!

I'm sure you am do it, it's slimming world isn't it?! I've been slacking on exercise too, but the Wii and bike are the way forward :)

Thank you for your comments. I don't know what diet I am doing tbh, I keep changing my mind so I am just cutting down at moment until I decide on one properly - no good doing it half heartedly lol. Yea just dance is great fun :) I didn't think of a bike, might look into that! Wanted a treadmill but looking at around 130 pounds for motorised one :( x

I think I may have decided on investing a treadmill :) still thinking about it but think I would really get the use out of it. In the meantime, I think I am going to get up early in the morning every morning because I have 14 and a half months before I am a bride and don't want to be a fat bride :( I think I will actually cry if I am this size by the wedding and will hate the photos from the wedding...depressing!

I have seriously fed up of these xmas choccies still hanging around the house, eaten loads of quality street today :( and a sausage roll from Greggs....omg I have been horrendous today!!

Good thinking!! Don't know why I didn't think of that one :)

Well...finally going on about doing it for months and months, I have treated myself to a motorised treadmill :) I have to do it most days, starting really low doing ten minutes a day then building up. OMG it shows how unfit I am though lol I'm dying after couple of minutes haha. Can already see a difference in my stamina after 4 days on it though.

WATCH THIS SPACE, because after years of trying, I will succeed this time in my mission to become a skinny minny bride :)

Back