Here I Go Again

Thanks Dione. I know... I was slim after goal and stayed that way maybe 18 months, but all the while I was trying to be slimmer and I think that maybe tipped things in the other direction in the end. All I know is that three months of 'don't care anymore' can do a lot of damage.

Happy to be back, just has first shake and hoping for a good day... thanks again for the pep talk and the inspiration!

xxx

Hun your words have just mirrored me completely. I maintained for 18 months but i didnt accept that i was slim, i was constantly looking for improvement, picking on the bad bits on my body. I became a total excercise freak, working out all the time.Then due to change in working hours and other bits and bobs that have happened over the past 4 months, the excercise slowly stopped as there was not enough hours in the day. Next minute i was thinking 1 treat wont hurt. that became 2, 3 and so on and here i am now, fat and untoned :(
I have been thinking long and hard today about what it is i actually want as i am unhappy being overweight but then i wasnt exactly happy when i got into my size 10's. Dont get me wrong, buying clothes, getting ready to go out made me feel great but i wasnt happy, not deep down. I was constantly looking of ways where i could improve certain areas of my body.
I have decided that i am not going to be so hard on myself. I will carry on with this diet and will start my boxercise class again as of next week but i need to adjust my whole eating habits. Once i am at my goal i am going to promise myself to be 100% with healthy eating monday to friday but if i want a treat on a weekend, then i will. I am not going to deprive myself for the rest of my life. I want to enjoy life and if that means i have the odd chinese once a month then so be it xxx
Hope you have had a succesful day so far today hun xx

Thanks...Dione I think your way of thinking is key but what I have found is if get myself in the habbit...I then think screw it I may as well have what I want all day now and start again tomorrow...and that is what happens each day...unless I just chose one day a week that I can have a nice meal with my partner...but would I still lose weight if I kept on the straight and narrow the other days???

Katycakes how are you doing today? I also think weighing myself daily helps! But it is annoying when you have been REALLY good but the scales show you have put on weight!!

Is anyone in Ketosis yet? if you have an off day how long does it take you to get back into ketosis?

Went for a run and did some weights with my trainer..then it all went pair shapped been sooo emotional today and snappy! Went to our aunties anniversary and picked at the table food she put on! Have decided I wont have my last two shakes today as I have eaten the calories worth! I could kill a glass of wine!!! Poor fiance even told me to check my tone today after I snapped at him! Glad its a saturday night in! I'm also glad there is no wine in the house or I would have had it! I am due on so its not helping!!!

Have you ladies slipped up at all this week or is it just me?????

Ibiza... Don't beat yourself up... bet that totm is a big part of today's blip. I always find that time really tough. I'd have the shakes and carry on as if nothing happened... in the past, on failed re-starts, I have abandoned the shakes using the same logic 'well, have eaten enough cals anyway, can't have any more...' and always end up eating more. It's like giving myself permission to give up for the day, and that's not good for me as I tend to then go headlong into a mini-binge.

Today has been good, but yesterday I picked at quorn and celery and it made me want to eat other, much worse things.... so today I have tried as hard as I can to be 100%. Not as bad as I thought.

Whatever you decide to do, have a fab evening, relax a bit and snuggle up with the fiance!

xxx

Dione, loved your post... thanks so much. Identify a lot! When i get to goal this time around (WHEN not if...) I will try to be different about it! I think that exercise makes a big difference, with mood as well as staying slim... like the idea of Boxercise, wonder if I am brave enough to sign up for something like that? Exercise does not come easily to me, but went out for walk in snow today, an hour cross country, and loved it - came back feeling full of energy and resolve.

It's been a good day for me so far, but know the evenings can be a risk-time for me... I'm determined today will be 100% though! Have a great evening Dione...

xxx

I am so happy to have found a group of people that all have about the same to lose and have started at about the same time. This is my 5th day of being 100% and I feel really great , I dont even really want , real peoples food. We all know this works so well It is not easy , but it is, stay 100% lose the weight. :):):):):):):):):):):) I for one am so much happier in my own skin when I am smaller
XXXX
Susan

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing today? I had a really bad night last night. We unfortunately lost my hubby's nan. She was 97 bless her but lost her battle to cancer. We were all there with her as she took her last breath, it was heart wrenching to see hubby cry (it doesnt happen often) he was so close to her.

It made me think a lot about lifes choices and even though i am going to carry on cd i am not going to beat myself up anymore. It does nothing but make me unhappy and life is too short for that!

My goals are now as follows:

SS until 1st WI (Tuesday)
810, boxercise 2 x a week and 2 mile run 2 x a week until i get to 10 stone
1000 just to get my brain around eating normal foods for 2 weeks
excerise 5 times a week, eating healthy Monday - Friday but treats on a weekend (within moderation)

I was going to give it up all together last night. My thoughts were sod it! dieting makes me miserable, snappy and not a very nice person to be around. If i want to eat crap then so be it!!! Then i thought again how unhappy i am being fat so i had a really good long chat with hubby last night about everything. We agreed that i will continue cd until i reach goal but that is the last time. I need to find the happy medium rather then 1 minute ss and strenuous excercise to no excercise and eating crap. so this means as soon as i reach goal i need to train train train. No more sitting on my ass :)

Hope you are all having a good day xxx

So sorry Dione. What an upsetting night for both of you, but good in many ways that you were able to be there. Look after yourselves now... saying goodbye to someone special can be pretty traumatic.

Strange how moments like this can make us think hard and put things in perspective... I think you are right, life is short and every moment needs to be lived to the full. Equally, if something in your life is making you sad & you are able to change it, then do - but don't be consumed by it. Happiness is inside us, whatever size we may be.

I think you've made the right decision to carry on until goal, but also to make sure this time is the last. I think there are a lot of us who feel the same, for all kinds of reasons. So let's get to goal, together, and on the way work out ways that can help us stay there... ways that will work for us.

Sending a hug.

xxx

Thanks hun,

Well on a good note i have still managed to stay 100% which is good considering. I am behind on my water today though so really do need to catch up.

I popped out to get the kids some new clothes (they have both had a growing spurt at the same time) i found a maxi dress that had gone from £24 to £3.50 !!! so i brought it in a size 10 as i aim to fit into it by the end of the month :)

Dione you been on scales yet??

Hi Babe,

Sorry only just seen this post. Ive had a sneaky peak lol 8lbs so far. WI is on Tuesday. Id love to be 11lb down but think im pushing a bit too far for that lol ;)

Thanks...Dione I think your way of thinking is key but what I have found is if get myself in the habbit...I then think screw it I may as well have what I want all day now and start again tomorrow...and that is what happens each day...unless I just chose one day a week that I can have a nice meal with my partner...but would I still lose weight if I kept on the straight and narrow the other days???

As long as you are excercising then the odd treat will not hurt. For instance when i hit goal i will be 100% good Monday to Friday plus excersing 4 x a week this then means i can chise what i want to eat during the weekend. However that doesnt mean that i can have a fry up in the morning, junk for lunch and a takeaway in the evening (as lovely as that sounds lol) It means i can have a takeaway in the evening if i want or a roast etc. Does this make sense?

Is anyone in Ketosis yet? if you have an off day how long does it take you to get back into ketosis?

I havent got any sticks so not sure if im in ketosis. I should be but dont feel i am :( x

I don't use sticks but have the birdcage mouth... well, you did ask!

xxx

Dione, loved your post... thanks so much. Identify a lot! When i get to goal this time around (WHEN not if...) I will try to be different about it! I think that exercise makes a big difference, with mood as well as staying slim... like the idea of Boxercise, wonder if I am brave enough to sign up for something like that? Exercise does not come easily to me, but went out for walk in snow today, an hour cross country, and loved it - came back feeling full of energy and resolve.

It's been a good day for me so far, but know the evenings can be a risk-time for me... I'm determined today will be 100% though! Have a great evening Dione...

xxx

Ive never been a fan of exercise until i started boxercise. Its great, not only do you get a good work out but you also release alot of stress on the pads. When i finish my class i feel great xxx

Glad you had a good evening hun xxx

I am so happy to have found a group of people that all have about the same to lose and have started at about the same time. This is my 5th day of being 100% and I feel really great , I dont even really want , real peoples food. We all know this works so well It is not easy , but it is, stay 100% lose the weight. :):):):):):):):):):):) I for one am so much happier in my own skin when I am smaller
XXXX
Susan

Esk you are rocking it this week hun, well done!! :D:D

How has today gone for you? xx

I don't use sticks but have the birdcage mouth... well, you did ask!

xxx

pmsl that really made me chuckle xxx
how you doing today hun? xx

not bad... managed another snow walk and have been 100% so far. Even squeezed some work in! Have a good evening Dione.

xxx

fantastic hun, keep going you are doing soooo well. I am just about to have my 2nd shake then might have a snooze as i didnt get much sleep last night xx

Hi Dione and Katy Cakes,

You both sound like you have done so well this weekend..! Wish I had been stronger! Feel rubsih this morning..got up went on scales and it says I'm 12.4...I've put on 3lbs! It takes 3,500 calories to put on a lb...and the only time I slipped up ws sunday when I went to friends house for sunday lunch, I told her I was on Cambridge so went only with soup packet in hand..but when i turned up she had quite a few of our old friends there too...and I didn't want to tell them so I just picked at the dinner plate..and pretended...but I literally had three mouth fulls!!!

I know I am due on...but still...
Going to start again this week and really try 100%%%%%

Feeling rubbish about it..my officail weigh in is tomorrow so hoping the scales change...)0;

Ibiza, betting that much of that is water weight, perhaps some glycogen gain from the food tasted, if some of it was carbs, but probably a lot to do wit totm. The 3,500 cals rule doesn't quite work on Cd as if you eat carbs you will regain your glycogen store - but it WON'T be fat, so please don't worry too much. I was like you the first time around and very scared to tell people, you evolve tactics as you go along to avoid eating... maybe going over for after lunch would be safer in future, though, you get the chat without the food!

100% today and I bet that 3lbs melts away, especially as soon as totm begins. Good luck!

xxx

Hi Katy Cakes

Thank you..you know what I am soo super stressed that I won't lose the weight before my wedding day that i couldn't stop crying last night...I have actually tried really hard over the last 6 months on other diets and nothing..Cambridge is my last resort.....

I am going to employ better tactics...today has been such a stressful day at work I haven't even thought about food let alone had time to eat...one chocolate shake so far!!

Tomorrow I am actually working with some chefs...brilliant timeing I am going to pretend that I am ill so don't have to eat!

Hows your day been ladies?x

Back