Here I go again!!

Ruthie-D

Hi all, I thought that I would start this food diary to keep me accountable. I have done SW before with some degree of success though life seemed to get in my way and my weight took a back seat. Now however, I feel uncomfortable and unhappy with my weight and feel that the time is right to tackle it. I can not go to group due to a number of factors so I am going it alone, I am hoping that this diary will keep me on track and I welcome any form of feedback. So it all begins tomorrow, in fact I am quite looking forward to it :D

If you need any help with Syns and such let me know and I'll help where I can, I'm new to SW this is my second week!!

Thank you so much Texty F and Msshibt its so good of you both to welcome me, Msshibt I just may take you up on that offer lol

Here to follow! I started yesterday! We can help each other :)
Oh that would be great, I will be weighing in tomorrow morning then I will put the stats up and deal with it :sigh: then I will look forward to next week when I am weigh less than I do now hopefully.

Good Luck for your first day!!

Good luck! I look at it as I will (hopefully) never see those numbers again!!

Thanks folks, well I have started and feeling positive, long may it last

Today I had a lie on, its not often that the kids lie on but they did today it was nice to be all cosy in bed cause it is so cold today.
Due to the lie on breakfast was more of a brunch today

Breakfast : Bacon with fat removed, egg fried in fry light, beans, loads of mushrooms and tomatoes (they were sooo nice) and 1 slice of w/m (HE B) bread dipped in egg and fried in fry light.
due to the nature of such a large late breakfast I will have a snack this afternoon of Mullar light toffee with some melon and banana.
Dinner Beef casserole Lean steak pieces cooked in stock with onions, mushrooms, celery herbs and tinned tomatoes. served with loads of spouts and some rice and peas.
I am also aiming to try and get my two litres of water in today though I may find this difficult as I am so cold :winter_brr:
HE A Milk in coffees, though I am not drinking nearly enough of coffee, I am wondering if I may be better syning my milk then having the full HEA in another form such as cheese?
HE B was my slice of W/M bread.

Syns I will update later as hubby is home, he works away so is only home one or two nights a week and its unusual for him to be home on a Saturday night so I may indulge in glass of wine with him
So the syns became 30!!! yep that's right instead of 1 glass of wine greedy guts here drank the bottle :d'oh:
so syns 30/105

Last edited:
Good luck with the water. It's an important part of any diet or life. I forget to drink water but when I do I feel great.

Hope the casserole was yum.

HE A Milk in coffees, though I am not drinking nearly enough of coffee, I am wondering if I may be better syning my milk then having the full HEA in another form such as cheese?

See I was thinking the same, I never have my whole HEXA on milk but I've seen people splitting it up like some on milk and some on cheese. I did that today with my Lasagne made it syn free!

Its definitely casserole season, big bowl of tender meat and comforting warm veg. I've been adding loads of beans/pulses to mine to give it extra umph.

First day looks great. I always split my HEXa between milk and cheese as I only have milk in my tea so never have enough throughout the day to count as my full HEX.

Good luck! :)

Good luck with the water. It's an important part of any diet or life. I forget to drink water but when I do I feel great.

Hope the casserole was yum.

I didn't manage the water intake yesterday but today I am on track for my two litres for today, only a half a litre to go :clap: The casserole was lovely, I added more veg, I came across some carrots and swede that needed using up, it turned out lovely.

Thanks ladies, I will take this on board as there is no way I would use all my HE A is my coffees, I love cheese so its all good. On the days that I want more cheese I will just syn the milk.

Well I have gotten over the fact that I drank the whole bottle of wine last night, I enjoyed it and its not often hubby is home at the weekend. He left again this morning but he will be back tomorrow night until Thursday so its not to bad this week. I am very aware that I need to up my fluid intake, I have become really bad at this,I can a few cups of coffee in the day and some water with lunch and dinner and that is that. I did not get two litres into me yesterday, but I am nearly there today, I don't know if its just me but the more I drink the thirstier I become.
Today is another EE day

Breakfast: I was going to have magic porridge this morning, though I forgot to prepare it last night, I am sure it had nothing to do with the wine ;) so instead I had another cooked breakfast, Bacon (fat removed) scrambled eggs, beans, W/M bread done the eggy way and loads of mushrooms and tomatoes.

Lunch: left over casserole from last night, it was even nicer today.

Dinner: I am making the creamy curry which is cauliflower based that I found in the recipe section, gonna add garlic, chicken onions. Served with fried rice fried in fry light with egg peas and onions and soy sauce. Just hoping its nice, it seems to have mixed reviews.

Snack, melon and banana with Mullar light

HE:A: Milk, still not using enough but from tomorrow I will make sure I either split it or use the whole lot on cheese and syn some milk for my coffee.
HE:B: w/m bread

Syns: Not much going on today, I am going to buy some meringue nests tomorrow for a lovely dessert with fruit and squirty cream so I still sitting at 30/105

Glad you had a good night with your husband, I'd hate to think what I'd be like if I only saw mine a couple of times a week. I've been having problems with keeping my fluid intake up to without having too much caffeine, I also drink loads when I start.

Did your casserole thicken up and intensify in flavour too? I love the SW fried rice, but I don't put soy sauce in ours though as we usually have it we a soy based meat dish usually Teriyaki.

Your dessert sounds yummy!

Glad you had a good night with your husband, I'd hate to think what I'd be like if I only saw mine a couple of times a week. I've been having problems with keeping my fluid intake up to without having too much caffeine, I also drink loads when I start.

Did your casserole thicken up and intensify in flavour too? I love the SW fried rice, but I don't put soy sauce in ours though as we usually have it we a soy based meat dish usually Teriyaki.

Your dessert sounds yummy!
The casserole was looking a little thin, but as I had added some carrot and swede, I took out some of the sauce and whizzed it up with a hand blender and added it back in, it really seemed to thicken it up.

Lol to the wine.

Magic porridge is the porridge and yogurt isn't it? Do you just eat it as it is? All gloopey and thick?

Hope your settling into plan. I find being prepared really helps. I'm making slimming world donner kebab tonight. I've never had a real donner kebab before so I have nothing to compare to. But it sounds good.

How much would you like to lose?

Lol to the wine.

Magic porridge is the porridge and yogurt isn't it? Do you just eat it as it is? All gloopey and thick?

Hope your settling into plan. I find being prepared really helps. I'm making slimming world donner kebab tonight. I've never had a real donner kebab before so I have nothing to compare to. But it sounds good.

How much would you like to lose?
Thats the very one, I did eat it quite gloopey with loads of fruit I thought it was lovely and so did my daughter who insisted on tasting it :rolleyes: think I must have had half of the portion lol. I am settling back into plan nicely thank you, I feel so much better already, It makes me wonder what on earth goes through my head when I go off plan and don't get back on for months and months. Ooh, I made the SW kebab before I thought it was lovely, might have to put this in on my menu in the next week.

Back