Here I go again!!

Well another SW day nearly done, I really feel my route to success this time will be planning. I quite enjoyed the creamy curry thingy last night, I was thinking when I was eating it that some SW chips would go well with this, even though I was eating fried rice with it. I might do it again when I am craving a takeaway and have it with the fried rice and SW chips mmmmmm. I did well again with my water intake today I managed over the two litres today :cool:. The kids are back in school tomorrow so the plan is to get my walking shoes on and move this backside.

Monday 05/11/12
EE

Breakfast: Magic porridge with melon and apple, made with Mullar coconut Greek style yoghurt 0.5 syns

Lunch: 1/2 packet of Bachelors curried rice with a stir fry of onions, garlic, Mushrooms and peppers and soy sauce and two boiled eggs.

Dinner: SW chilli made up with loads of tomatoes, peppers onion, garlic and celery, SW chips, 42g of reduced fat cheddar and a squirt of south western sauce 5 syns really enjoyed this dinner tonight in fact all the family did.

HE:A 42g of reduced fat cheddar
HE:B: 28g porridge oats
Syns: Mullar coconut Greek style yoghurt 0.5 syns, south western sauce 5 syns and milk for my coffee 3 syns

Total syns: 38.5/105

Well I did put those walking shoes on and I managed 3.5 mile, this pleases me somewhat, I felt fab after it so I will be back out tomorrow morning for more of the same. This is a flying visit to my diary today as I have so much to do.

Breakfast: Magic porridge with toffee mullar light and melon and apple.
Lunch: 1/2 packet of Bachelors curried rice with a stir fry of onions, garlic, Mushrooms and peppers and soy sauce
Snack apple
Dinner: 2 SW sausage, mash potatoes with beans and loads of cauliflower.
HEA: Milk in coffees
HEB: Magic porridge

Syns: there will be some syns this evening as a glass of wine has my name on it, will update this at a later stage. wine 30syns

total syns:

Last edited:
Lol to the wine.

Magic porridge is the porridge and yogurt isn't it? Do you just eat it as it is? All gloopey and thick?

Hope your settling into plan. I find being prepared really helps. I'm making slimming world donner kebab tonight. I've never had a real donner kebab before so I have nothing to compare to. But it sounds good.

How much would you like to lose?
Sorry hun, only noticing the last part of the post, I would like to to loose just over 3 and a half stone to start with and then see how it goes then but it probably wont be much more than that as I am quite curvy naturally.

I have had such a busy day running around I am very tired this evening. I was sitting with the kids when they were doing homework and thought, I would love to just curl up on the sofa tonight with a big Chinese, but I didn't I got on with making dinner and I am so glad I did. I managed my walk this morning so that's another 3.5 mile walk again this morning :). My food intake was a bit iffy today not that I went off plan or anything its just I did not eat enough during the day due to running around and having loads to do and having visitors. Though at lunchtime I went into a cafe and there was nothing really that was suitable for me to eat, was hoping for a baked potato and beans but they potatoes were not ready, so whilst hubby tucked into a pie mash and gravy, I setted for a mullar light and and melon.
I have decided to do a red tomorrow and see how that goes for me.

Wednesday EE
Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Mullar Light and Melon
Dinner: chicken and chrorizo Jambalaya 2.5 syns with a WW petit pan with 1 teaspoon of I cant believe its not butter 1.5 syns 1 can of diet pepsi
HEA:
milk
HEB: ww petit pan
Total syns: 72.5/105

did not manage my 2 litres of water I only got to 1 litre, still its better than none I suppose

Today was a bit of crappy day, I had some not so great news, which I was half expecting but when you have things confirmed its still kind of hard. Now, my usual way to deal with things that are out of my control is to eat my way through, but not today! I did my 3.5 mile walk again today so that's three days in a row feeling good about that. Its my WI tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect as I have fostered out my scales and I have visitation rights in the morning. If I had not done this I would know exactly how much a weigh everyday at different times of the day :rolleyes:. Today I came up against my old nemesis butternut squash, don't get me wrong I love the stuff but trying to hack though it to get to the good stuff can be so hard. I persevered tho and I ended up with my butternut squash chips. I only managed one litre of water today but I will aim to have my full two litres tomorrow.

RED DAY.

Breakfast: 1 Banana and 1 orange
Lunch: Ham and cheese (HE:A) omelette with loads of mushrooms and onions. 1 can of diet pepsi
Dinner: 2 SW sausages, 2 rashers of bacon (fat removed) 2 slices of nimble bread made into eggy bread (HE:B) mushrooms and spicy BNS chips 1 can of diet pepsi.
HE:A: 42g of reduced fat cheddar
HE:B: 2 slices of w/m nimble, didn't manage to get my second B in so will be mindful of this on the next red or green day that I do.
SYNS:0
total syns: 72.5/105

Well done on staying on plan despite the bad news. Hope you're ok x

Well done Ruthie for battling on despite your news. It takes willpower and determination sometimes and you used that today. Good luck for tomorrow

Thanks ladies, I am OK. this year had been such a dramatic year and its looking as if its not settling down any time yet,though I have come to a place were I have decided life can throw at me what it likes cause I am fed up of being fed up and worried! On to a much lighter note and one that pleases me me somewhat I had my WI in this morning and I lost 5.5lbs :D. I am over the moon with this as not once this week did I feel hungry or deprived oh and I also went for my 3.5 mile walk again that's four days this week. Will pop back on later to update my food diary.

I am still feeling quite happy with myself, I was just sat here thinking that when I have done any type of weight loss program before after WI I would always go mad and get a take-out or whatever and not account for it and start again the next day, well I had no intention on doing that today, I know its early days but I am pleased with not going down this road. I managed to get over my two litres of water today in fact I am way over, feeling quite thirsty today. Looking forward to a lie on in the morning, if the kids let me that is :).

Friday EE
Breakfast: Banana and Orange with a strawberry Mullar light
Lunch: SW scotch egg with two slices of ww w/m toast HE/B with 1/2 HEA of cheese with tomatoes, lettuce, spring onion and beetroot.
Dinner: Beef casserole defrosted from last weeks leftovers (steak pieces, onion tomatoes, swede, carrots, celery and stock) with mushy peas and SW chips
Snack: 1 WW chocolate digestive biscuits 2.5 syns
HE/A: I split it today between milk and cheese
HE/B: 2 slices of ww w/m toast
syns: 2.5/105

Congrats on your loss that's fantastic!

Your scotch eggs sound fab. Do you have the recipe?

X

Congrats on your loss that's fantastic!

Your scotch eggs sound fab. Do you have the recipe?

X

Fantastic loss Ruthie well done.

Thanks, Its given me the motivation to go at it full throttle again this week. The slimming world scotch eggs are just boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat, I know some people then coat in wholemeal bread crumbs or smash but I never bother, just bake and that's it. Now my butcher is certified to sell sausages and such like and they are syn free, in saying that a lot of butchers here were doing it but they are not allowed any more, but this butcher has just been given the go ahead to carry on.

Saturday has been good on the food front and I am not having any alcohol, the same can not be said for tomorrow night though as Hubby will be back for two nights so a glass or two of wine maybe on the cards. Saturday is not over and I am already thinking about next Saturday as its hubby's weekend off and we always have a few drinks and some nice food so I really need to work out how I will handle it. Did well on the fluid front today, well over my two litres, tho I have feeling its the reason why I am feeling so cold even with the heating on.
Saturday EE
Breakfast: SW scotch egg and Banana, apple and mullar light 2 coffees syned milk cause using HEA later 2syns
Lunch: 2 SW sausage, WW peti pan HEB, 1tsp of Flora 1syn and 1tsp tomato sauce 1/2 syn a stir fry of onions, mushrooms peppers and tomatoes with soy sauce
Dinner: Chicken and mushroom pasta with garlic and onions and spinach and Philly light HEA
Syns: 3.5
HEA: Philly Light
HEB: WW petit pan
Total syns 6/105

Hubby is home tonight so I am quite excited and the wine is chilling :D. I am going to visit a old uni friend tomorrow for coffee so I am practising my "no thank you's" when the cake is offered, I WILL NOT HAVE CAKE,I WILL NOT HAVE CAKE! Water intake on track again today, I wont be going for my walk in the morning due to said visit but I fully intend to have my walking shoes on me Tuesday morning and do my 3.5 miles.
Sunday EE
Breakfast: SW scocth egg and Melon, apple, satsuma AND banana with a mullar light.
Lunch: WW petit pan HEB, 1tsp of Flora 1syn and 1tsp tomato sauce 1/2 syn a two SW sausage and onions with 2 satsumas
Dinner: Chicken breast wrapped in Bacon with Philly HEA with mashed potato and sprouts.
other syns 2 coffees so milk 2 syns
syns today so far 3.5 will update wine syns later Had one glass of wine so 8syns
total syns 17.5/105

Last edited:
I was unable to update my diary yesterday due to not having an moment then when I did sit down last night I was so tired, I had two low alcohol beers and was in my bed by 10. Well I DID NOT HAVE CAKE!!, I HAD A SCONE :cry: I have no willpower at all but I have to say it was absolutely beautiful. My eating yesterday was not the best not just to the scone but I did not really eat anything other than fruit until dinner time. My water intake was pretty non existent. Today was a better day and I nearly have my two litres in so doing Ok. I also did my 3.5 mile walk this morning, its amazing how much better I feel once I have done it event though before I go I don't really want to go. So I have two days to catch up on so I may just get on with it.

Monday EE
Breakfast: Melon, Banana, apple and Mullar light, 2 coffees with half teaspoon of sugar in each, I ran out of sweeteners, 1 syn
Snack: Scone 11syns teaspoon of Jam 1syn and teaspoon of squirty cream 1syn
Lucnh: Banana and satsuma
Dinner: Melt in the middle burger 1/2 HEA and W/M roll HEB SW chips with salad. 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce 1syn,1 tablespoon of Asda extra light mayo 1syn.
2 bottles of Czech low alcohol larger 2syns
Phew quite a high syn day considering I did not eat that much.
Syns 18syns
Total syns 35.5/105 syns

Tuesday EE
Breakfast:
Melon, apple banana, Mullar light
Lunch: WW petit pan HE,
2 SW sausage, onion, Flora light 1syn and Tomato sauce teaspoon 1/2 syn satsuma and banana
Dinner: Creamy curry that's made from Cauliflower with chicken and peas, onions. Fried rice and carrots.
HEA: Milk
HEB: ww petit pan
Syns: 1 1/2 syns
Total syns: 35/105

Bad news and stress seems to be following me around this year, again I am stressed to the max but I have managed to stay on track so that's something. Half my water intake done and I did my 3.5 mile walk this morning, this is what I think is keeping me sane at the moment :(. Oh and its * week so I am not sure how this will effect my WI on Friday. I do my syns on a weekly basis as its suits me better, though they seem very low this week so I hope it does not effect WI. Anyway food diary for today.
Wednesday EE
Breakfast: magic porridge HEB, made with Greek style mullar coconut 0.5syn satsuma, banana grapes.
Lunch: leftover creamy curry from last night with rice and carrots
Dinner: ham and cheese HEA omelette with loads of peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes, Potato salad with gherkins made with 1 tablespoon of extra light mayo 1syn and beans.
had 3 coffees today so have to syn my milk due to HEA being used in dinner so 3 syns for milk.
HEA Cheese
HEB: Porridge
Syns: 4.5 syns
total syns 39.5/105

Last edited:
Walk done and dusted today again, I am also managing to keep on track despite have loads of stress at the moment, this unheard for me. I have been wondering how I am going to manage this Saturday as hubby will be home, so I have decided that I will felxi syn Saturday I just need to decide how many syns to allocate and make sure I stick to it! I am only starting my water intake now but I am confident that I will have my full two litres. WI tomorrow and its * week so hoping for a loss but I am not sure.
Thursday Red Day
Breakfast: Melon, grapefruit and grapes with Greek mullar light coconut 0.5syn
Lunch: Bacon omelette made with peppers, onions and mushrooms
Dinner: SW chilli made up with loads of tomatoes, peppers onion, garlic and celery and mushrooms. 42g of reduced fat cheddar HEA and a squirt of south western sauce 5 syns BNS chips.
Sanck: 1
WW choc digestive biscuit 2.5syns
HEA:
Milk and cheese
HEB: Baked beans
Syns: 8 syns
total syns: 43/105

So I lost 2lbs considering it is * week I am over the moon with this result. I did my 3.5 mile walk today even though I was soo tired, I cant wait to curl up this evening with a glass of wine. My two litres is done and dusted but it is effecting my body temp, I am so cold all the time :winter_brr: . I have an idea of the amount of flexi syns that I need tomorrow evening, so this week I suppose I am hoping to maintain and not a loss.

Friday EE
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch SW Sausage, beans and Bacon wit fat removed. Satsusma and grapes
Dinner: Left over Chilli from last night with a veg noodle stir-fry
have no got my HEB in as yet
HEA: Milk
SYNS: Will be having wine so will update later I have a feeling that it may be a lot! yep I had the whole bottle so 30syns
Total syns 30/105

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Ruthie. Wrap up and have a lazy weekend
Thanks, that is exactly what I have been doing. :D
I am so cold and tired today I went back to bed for an hour there a lunchtime for a very much needed nap. due to this my my food diary looks pretty bleak but hey ho, I am flexi syning tonight so I will be back to report honestly what I have consumed, tho I do know there will be beer involved mmmmmm beer. I have 4 weeks till a big Christmas party , I have a dress that I love but is quite clingy so it will have to be action stations for the next four weeks. I am thinking of adding in the 30 day shred into my routine but I have to be honest it scares me slightly.
Well so far today's food consists of
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and a banana
no A'S and no B's
Snack: Chunky Kit kat :eek: a grand total of 13 syns
Syns: 13
Total syns: 43/105

Back