Here I go; back again.

slim1day

Silver Member
I'm back again and hopefully in the right frame of mind this time.

Start of school holidays; so should be able to concentrate on me for a few weeks.

Aiming to lose 1.5 - 2 stones before 1st September.:rolleyes:

Welcome!! Is this your first time round?? Good luck with the weight loss :) you'll do great I'm sure :)

It's my 3rd time. 1st time I lost nearly 3 stones then put 2 back on had a failed second attempt; head wasn't in the right place and never really started properly; so hopefully this is my third and final new start. I'm back to square one weight wise.

Well welcome back again!! 3rd time lucky as they say!! You'll have loads if support on here at least.

Did you start today?

Day 1 done and dusted.
Got a bit of a headache at the moment; hope it passes soon.

Hey you welcome back!! Seems we had the same thoughts, summer break, diet time =)
Hope ur ok? What happened with work? Hope it all worked out for U xxx

She carried on with the bullying and capability the whole academic year and would have gone for my dismissal but the union finally stepped in (apparently they had to wait for it to go as far as it did before they could do anything). Union rep had meetings with her line manager and both had meetings with HR, I also had meetings with her line manager they all said there was no evidence against me; no case to answer; basically she was told to end it or the union would take out a grievance against her. She very grudgingly dropped it last week and has hardly spoken to me since (that's a plus).
So consequently I did a lot of comfort eating and put everything i'd lost back on. Don't know what atmosphere will be like in Sept but don't need to think about that for 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Hi! I also started yesterday, and am a teacher so working at losing a stone or two (preferably the latter) before school starts. I'm mixing the lifestyle and simplicity programmes so having a protein and veg meal if needed. Yesterday I had 1 pack and 2 protein meals as my packs didn't arrive til 4pm.

This morning I felt weak and food was calling to me as I made my kids breakfast, but I resisted (with the help of black coffee). I'm planning on having packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 8pm until I'm in ketosis, then I might change timings. What about you? You've done this successfully before, any tips?

Water; if you feel hungry drink a glass of water first before you're tempted to stray. Also keep several bottles in the fridge so you can just grab one. I fill 6 x 500ml ones each night ready for the next day; then as I drink them I leave the empty ones on the worktop so I can se that I've had my quota. I find the 500ml one best as its not so daunting drinking one of those as it is looking at downing a litre bottle.
Also if really hungry have an extra pack because that's far better than picking at food.
And don't beat yourself up if you have to have a meal out; try to stick with steak / chicken and salad with no dressing; just get straight back on plan asap.

Good luck and we should be able to lose 1.5 stones this holidays as generally a big loss the first week; think I lost 10/11lbs my first week last summer.

Would mainly be water but its a psychological boost to drop a big number the first week; as sticking to plan the first week whilst getting into ketosis is tough.

Ahhh Alison, you are amazing and brave! I am soft, i would of left, i dont think i could of coped, well done you!!
Hope ur having a lovely weekend xxx

It was a struggle at times; in the car park shaking and having to force myself in the door. Loads of people advised me to go off with stress but then she would have won so I stuck it out to bitter end.

Think first few weeks are fluids then it starts to really attack the fat, well don't quote me on it but I read up a lot on ketosis VLCDs. Start tomorrow can't wait.

I would also like to lose a stone or so before going back to school in September, and so I have restarted again today.

I'm restarting today too. I was on plan earlier in the year but had to stop due to an operation. I'm recovered now and looking to lose at least a stone before I go back to school in September too. I started the 30 day shred today to boost my fitness and hopefully get my muscles awoken that are currently lounging under vast amounts of flab!!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck, I am another that wants at least a stone from now shifted before school starts back again. Together we can do this.

I got through day 1 ok, and I've even been swimming - trying to get fitness in as well, hope everyone else is doing ok

Day 2 has been good... I had 3 packs and a meal. I plan to generally do 4 packs, but this was a planned deviation. Well done for going swimming Trisha. I'm not feeling up to facing the public in my cozzie yet!! But I did manage to complete day 2 of the 30 day shred.

Thanks, got through day 2 okay. Day 3 I'm aiming to have 4 packs today, what do you do on the 30 day shred?

Breakfast: Chocolate shake, black tea, half litre water

Back