Here i go...

I am not as strick a 5% rule person as some of the other guys here. I treat 5% as 5% fat in the meal as a whole, rather than each part of a meal. So you can have fairly lean meat, and bulk up on low fat veg. This evens the meal out ot under the 5% rule. This was advice I was given a few years ago when I was prescribed xen and had access to good support from a specially trained healthcare worker.
Everyone is different, it will be abit of trial and error to find what works for best for you as an individual. If you are unsure, try small portions of foods and then, if there is a reaction, you will minimise it!

Good luck on your journey.

Other places including asda do the low fat turkey Lexie . There's two though a 10% and a 3% one. The packets ate the same you just need to read which one it is

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Other places including asda do the low fat turkey Lexie . There's two though a 10% and a 3% one. The packets ate the same you just need to read which one it is

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I cocked up & bought an 8% one & I didn't check til I'd eaten it. The only thing that's ever slightly upset me with xen!!!!

pocket dragon said:
I just had 2 sausages... low fat ones... eeek, first proper fatty thing i have eaten.... time will tell !

We're they within the rules? If so you should be fine. I really like the WW Cumberland ones. Ooh & Sainsburys bgty do bacon medallions at 18 cals a piece x

I tried some of the vegetarian sausages. Quorn seems to give me asore head. I had some Linda McCartney ones which were quite nice, they had rosemary and red onion through them. They kinda reminded me of stuffing or something rather that sausages! The freezers in the supermarkets have a fair range of the vegetarian alternatives. They tend to have alot of protein which makes you feel fuller longer too. Maybe worth a try?

Had Tesco lighter choice sausage and mash for first time last night and it wasn't bad. Ok, so the mash isn't brilliant but the sausages in onion gravy actually tasted quite nice - better than some low fat/vegetarian ones I've tried

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Had Tesco lighter choice sausage and mash for first time last night and it wasn't bad. Ok, so the mash isn't brilliant but the sausages in onion gravy actually tasted quite nice - better than some low fat/vegetarian ones I've tried

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I had that too at work. I bring those birds eye steam veg bags in with it to bulk it out a little.

I'm going to Sainsburys tomorrow so will lok for some veggie options, it's goign to be a looooooong shop checking the fat content on everything !! It will all be worth it though :) x

We're they within the rules? If so you should be fine. I really like the WW Cumberland ones. Ooh & Sainsburys bgty do bacon medallions at 18 cals a piece x

i love those sainsburys bgty. i love turkey rashes too (mattersons) . they dont sell those ww sausages anywhere here! are they frozen or fresh ones? x

ARGGHHH see i'm sat here now and i'm having junk cravings. I will NOT give in to them, but dear lord. Doesnt help my dad comes home with fresh bread either... grrrr. You know when you're getting a craving when you get that 'empty' feeling from your stomach up to your throat. AAARRRGGGHHHHH

pocket dragon said:
ARGGHHH see i'm sat here now and i'm having junk cravings. I will NOT give in to them, but dear lord. Doesnt help my dad comes home with fresh bread either... grrrr. You know when you're getting a craving when you get that 'empty' feeling from your stomach up to your throat. AAARRRGGGHHHHH

But hopefully those empty feeling means you're losing weight xx

Welcome from me, by the way. Belated I know but I haven't been about for a few days. Sounds like you've made a good start anyway, well done. That empty/craving feeling? That's the pounds rolling off, it'll be worth it at weigh in, just wait and see. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too, that's very important. Good luck!

KB x

Back