Here is to the new me!!!

Day 1 and all is good

I have to lose 40lbs to start with then still have a few stones to shift, but first thing first. I am going on the military diet or 3 day diet although i dont fully agree with using these diets i do think they have their place. For me i am using it for the second time. 12 years ago i lost a great amount of weight with this diet and kept it off for a reasonable amount of time. Until i took ill for 8 years when i put on a lot of weight. Now i have my condition under control i want to get my weight and fitness sorted.

So here is the plan, i will use this drastic diet for 4 weeks as i have an operation in 4 weeks and want to loss as much as i can, i have made the diet more manageable for me. I intend to follow that with a slimfast diet and finally onto a healthy eating plan for life. i will use exercise through out my diet hopefully increasing it as i go.

Day 1
I was a bit concerned as the first few days of a diet is when i fail as i cant get passed day 1,2 and 3 but to my surprise i am doing great and in very good spirits today:D. i will try to hold on to this feeling because i have tried and fail to loss my excess weight over a few years and it was this shear determination that i lacked. This is the positivity and determination i had many years ago when i lost 5 stone and had a baby in the process is here well hallelujah lol.

All is well bring on tomorrow:p

Oh best of luck to you and i hope your operation goes well. I was doing a VLCD and lost all my weight for my wedding in May but after a wonderful honeymoon and just settling into married life i have regained a stone. I tried to do the VLCD again but no way could i get my head into it so now im following Unislim. It's an irish based healthy eating plan. I'm on week 1 and it's going great so far. It's so nice to be able to eat. I'm expecting a gain as i didn't refeed just went straight on it from the shakes and soups.

Day 2

Well i am still sticking to the diet so far which is great the first few days on a diet kill me. I am usually a chocoholic and i am astonished at the difference going on to this diet as i have cut my chocolate addiction down a lot. I don't feel the sick and dizzy way with a headache that i have suffered form in the past starting a diet sooooooooooooo pleased ;). I have tried to keep busy today as yesterday i didn't do much at all, it has help time past and now i have a big list of things i still want done lol. Well i better move and get on with the ironing now, fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow x

Hi Lisa!

Sounds like you are in completely the right mind set, (I think I have thing with mind sets!) which is such a boost to motivation! Seems you're doing so well, just keep going. I reckon day 5 is when you're brain shifts into proper "diet mode". I'm 4 weeks in and have lost 2 stone. Got another 5-6 to go. Grrr. But im and truly focused. One stone at a time.

Cant wait to see you're progress!

X

Day 3

Well i am so pleased to say i am doing ok:D I really want to shift some flab for this operation in 3 weeks and 4 days, i cant wait to get it done. i have 4 - 6 weeks recovery but plan to stick to a diet as I would love to loss some weight in the recovery time but if i even maintain any weight loss i achievement before the op i will be please with that.

Hi Lisa,

Im not really following any particular diet. I started doing the 5:2 but with a max of 1000 cals on the "normal" days. However I found it hard to hit the 1000 mark, and was only getting to like 700/800, so decided to do alternate day fasting, 500 cals one day and up to 1000 the next, but I'm not even counting any more, because it was never much over 500 anyway. To be fair I eat very little and though it's not a long term solution it's working for now. I only eat veg, salad, fruit, chicken breast and fresh fish. I use fry light, not oil, and have a bit of proper natural Greek yoghurt every now and then. I only drink water and have sparkling water for special occasions. But I can do this because I am taking tablets from national slimming centre which suppress your appetite. So I never feel hungry. And if I'm super busy I just forget to eat. So yes, not the healthiest perhaps but I will up the protein cals once I get closer to my goal.
I was skipping to begin with, but that sort of fizzed out, and I am trying to do Callanetics as much as I can, but I haven't been all that great with it either. However today my husband collected my treadmill and set it up for me so plan on lots of power walking during nap time.

I have read your posts but couldn't see what diet you are actually doing? And im sure you'll be able to lose a fair bit by your op!!

X

My shake that weight has arrived

:D Yipee, it arrived and i am ready to do this I have 2 weeks until my op:eek: so i am going to give it 110%. My plan is to just to get throught the first 3 days because i find them a killer. Then day 4 i will start keeping more busy, active with some cycling to 'shake that weight'. I am really excited so bring it on :px

Back