here we go again - this will work!

samwidge

Hello to everyone.

I am 30 and live in Liverpool. This is my fourth try at finding "the one." I am not looking for love, but the perfect total food replacement diet.

I started out on Lighterlife. I did really well, but became disolusioned with the councellor - who seemed like she was too busy to even give us proper tools to survive each week, running out whilst giving things out and seeming like she had taken on too much. For that money, I realised I cold find something else.

So i started looking and found the Cambridge Diet. Alas, the consultant couldnt see me for a whole week due to her own personal commitments, so i began eating what I thought was good food (high protien) and really fell off the wagon, convincing myself that it was ok, id just haul my fat ass back onto it as soon as I got my new packs. Not the case. I did stick to it mostly, but it was so blummin hard that in the end, I gave up. By this time, I had lost a stone and a half, through pure sweat i think, from all the stress that not eating was causing me!
So I found another - all about w8 - it is great, but so exspensive, and with my job currently bing under threat, I needed to find something else that I could sustain if i had to find a job where i was paid less.

So I am now trying exante.

Today I have been in hospital having a portion of my cervix removed due to abnoramal cells. I have been so stressed about this i decided that tomorrow (thurs 15.10.09) Is going to be day one for me.
I now have no excuses. Its perfect for me as not allowed to exersize for at least two weeks due to procedure, same as starting on VLCD. I fully intend to get through this with no eating on the side and cheeky bits and pieces. Little pickers wear big knickers....andi could actually go camping in mine!

So if anyone has any tips fr me, I would be really grateful. I am totally disappointed with myself for keeping on giving up on these plans so i really must succeed!!!

anyway nice to meet you all (some of you again, no doubt)

Sam xxx

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear you were not well and I hope you are feeling better soon.

I think myself it is all about trial and error...and hopefully one day we will hit on the right diet and frame of mind.

Good luck with Exante it looks like it is getting very popular.

Love Mini xxx

Hi samwidge
Welcome to Exante - hope you find it is "the one" for you!
Sorry to hear about your procedure, had a similar thing myself many years ago but been absolutely fine since.

Tips, hmmmmmm, loads of water, I make myself a scoreboard every morning at work and tick them off as I drink them (how sad is that) but it keeps me on track to get over 3 litres down in the day so that at night I can relax a bit and just drink as I feel I need to without being under too much pressure to get the volume down.

Split your packs if you can, I divide my shake between brekkie and lunch and my bar between afternoon snack and supper with only my soup being a full "down in one" if you know what I mean. It helps to have something to look forward to when watching telly at night with a cup of coffee. I am slowly getting used to drinking it black which I never could before.
Keep your mind occupied - I love my laptop and will spend hours in the evening surfing (much to my other half's annoyance) and it means I don't think about food or eating.

Wrap up - you will feel the cold.

Treat yourself with nice things not related to food, I love candles, books, music and beginning to like clothes now!

Hope this helps - any questions - fire away!
B xx

thanks for the encouragement ladies, i really appreciate it :D day one half way over and no food, even though I am at home, alone which is usually my downfall point.
Have plenty of fizzy water in my fridge so everything is cool. I think its all about getting everything you need around you.

I was never bothered by the cold last time, i am constantly hot when eating food, so having a cooler body is good for me - not so sweaty!!

hi samwidge, hope day one went well for you, like quak said drink loads of water! good luck x

well done on getting back on track, we're all here to help, i find reading everyones post helps keep me occupied so i dont think of food, remember water water water, i struggle with water buti'll get there,

i love that saying you wrote "Little pickers wear big knickers"

remember if you need support come on here x

Hi all,
I have just started Exante and have lost 5lbs in the first four days.
I have never tried a meal replacement diet before, but aside from headaches on day two, all is going well so far and I am enjoying the food. I hope to loose 2 stone by christmas if I can, and am on the total plan at the moment, 3 packs and no food per day.
I was surprised at how tasty the soups are, the only thing I don't like is the strawberry milkshake.

Shell

Hello Shell
Welcome to the Exante family :)
Sounds like you are coping well so far, keep it up and you should achieve your goal. Have you tried adding a sweetener to the strawberry shake and maybe some crushed ice to thicken it up a bit?
Might help............
B xx

Back