Step 1 Sole Source Here we go again..........

Oh gosh I really hope it goes well for you on Tuesday! Some of my motivation yesterday has dwindled slightly today....and the reason for this? I WENT ON THE BLOODY SCALES!!!! Feeling dejected because I haven't cheated - I've had two SS+ days with chicken which should have been fine but now I'm regreting it :(

I have a weigh in on Monday morning and would love to drop a couple more pounds before then. I actually feel like I'm quite bloated today, which will only get worse as I still need to have all my water etc. I didn't drink enough water the last couple of days and I wonder if thats affecting my weight loss?

Will try really hard over these next couple of days and see if it makes a difference. It's all me being so impatient!!!

I really wouldn't worry about a couple of days, sometimes you have nothing then a big loss a few days later. I know drinking lots of water isn't great when you're bloated but it'll actually clear the bloat by the end of the day. Only way to do it I'm afraid! You'll probably find any weight is just bloat. Do you do measurements too? I find that keeps me going at totm when weight looks awful but I'm dropping size so know my weight will catch up the following week.

I took some measurements back in Jan when I was going to start the diet but then failed after 2 days! I have lost....basically I was 13.1 at last weigh in and today I was 12.11 on the scales BUT that was in my underwear before drinking all my water etc so I assume that I would be about 12.13/13 at weigh in which would be disappointing :( But like you say, I still have time before my weigh in and may have a nice surprise.

You didn't fail just took a while to get there! You could easily suddenly lose a lb or two in that time so don't stress! Maybe weigh yourself on your own scales first thing the morning of your weigh in every week and keep your own little record not affected by water etc? As that could vary week to week. Also would defo suggest measurements as they make me really happy when they drop!

I just did my measurements and am a couple of inches smaller on my hips, waist and chest! It was quite difficult to do myself so I'll get my CWP consultant to do it for me on Monday :)

I knew my dresses were feeling looser but I really can't wait to lose a bit more off my belly!! I have a bit of a gut! Doing better on the water front today...have had 2.5 litres so far. Peeing loads as well though! Haha! I'm just thinking of it being all the rubbish coming out of my body! X

So pleased for you Nikie! Hope thats got you back in a positive headspace. Yeah water is a real struggle when you're bloated but not having it only makes it worse. Hopefully it'll also have the desired effect on your Monday loss!

3lbs off - is it bad that I'm disappointed?!

Aww Nikie that's still a great loss! That could quite easily average out to a stone in the next three weeks if you keep to it.
You should be really pleased :)

Its 16lbs in three weeks, which is good. Was just a bit disappointed earlier! I think I was feeling quite bloated and rubbish.....really wanted to be comfortably in the 12's and feel like I've 'just' made it..... but it is a loss and not to be sniffed at. I'm just still impatient to be in smaller clothes and feeling amazing! My CWP said I will be feeling good when I'm in the 11s which is potentially a month away. Can't wait! I haven't been below 12 stone since being in my new job and obviously near 14 stone for the last few months so it will be lovely to wear nice work clothes again!

Niki I think you are doing amazing!!! Can't wait to start CD on Friday!!!!!! Some really inspiring posts in this forum!!!!!

Love

A
x

Nikie you're doing so well, and you're smaller today than you were yesterday, and much smaller than 3 weeks ago! And in a week you'll be smaller still and well on your way to goal. I know the impatient feeling, but keep on the way you're going, you will get there and the time will feel like its flown by.

Thanks girls! Welcome Adora! Gosh, although I'm impatient I can't believe I'm starting week 4 today! You'll feel the same in no time as well. I'm day 22 and despite having a few SS+ days (Chicken and spinach!) I have still managed to lose 16lbs in just three weeks. I have gone from squeezing into size 16 dresses and starting to buy size 18 into finding my size 16 dresses loose.

My CWP consultant has advised me to wait for two more weeks and then try on my smaller clothes. Thats so I don't do it too quickly and get demotivated! By that time she's confident I'll be into the size 14s and it'll spur me on even more.

Easter weekend is nearly over - I'm actually glad to get back to work and the normality of a routine!

I'm a newbie! I've started the sole source and on my eighth day. It's not easy! Hearing you say you put the weight back on just shows how easy it us for us but I admire you going back on and starting over. It's all a learning curve. We'll dine for your determination. I have no idea how I'm gonna do this for the next few weeks but where there's a will there's a way! Xxx

Hi saravic! Congrats for getting through your first eight days, if you can do the hardest week, you'll be fine for the rest of the plan!

How was your first weeks loss?

Hi Jo!
I don't know yet as I am seeing her on Wednesdays so I will find out then! I will be on the tenth day so I'm hoping it will be a nicer looking loss! Your weight loss is looking great too. Well done!
PS. Is the first week the hardest then? That would be so reassuring! The sixth day was the worst!

Oh well good luck!

Without a doubt, the first week is physically the hardest. I find the second week the hardest in terms of boredom and restlessness and getting used to it, but after that it becomes much much easier and almost second nature.

I don't remember any emotional/physical struggle after the first fortnight at all. A successful 100% is so much more appealing than food after then for me, and on day 12 (which I am now) I'm almost there with that feeling.

Totally agree....I definitely don't feel hungry or need food now....in fact I'm addicted to the cookery shows on tv at the mo! I have had chicken breast a few times but that's mainly due to my boyfriend....he is sole source too but his work is physically demanding and sometimes he gets hungry.... It's a way of us keeping on plan and also 'preparing' a meal together.

We are hoping it'll put us in the right frame of mind when it comes to working up the steps too but we'll see!

As someone who has also done this in 2012 ( although I gained it all back :/) I think it's really important to look at my relationship with food and why I make the choices I do....I remember saying this before, and being so chuffed to lose the weight and get the compliments...so why did I allow myself to put it back on again?

I have a long way to go until I'm where I want to be but I think it might be worth exploring that relationship now to avoid it happening again.

Back