Step 1 Sole Source here we go again

Annie-Mouse

I wrote a massive spiel about myself in the general introduction thread so I won't do that again.

Basically my life in weight goes something like: fat kid - skinny teenager - curvy in my early twenties - fat in my late twenties - DID CAMBRIDGE - thin for 30 seconds - even fatter now.

So I'm back on Cambridge to try and fix ... not just my body but my attitude to food. The reason I came back to it is because (even though I messed it up immediately) it really worked for me.

I have to say, I'm finding the adjustments to the plan since the last time I was on it make it a lot easier to stick to. I mean, I did stick to it the first time I did it (never cheated, nothing, god knows where I found the willpower) but like ... the first two weeks you could only have shakes, soups and porridge, and in later weeks only one bar a day, and there wasn't the variety of products.

So it's a lot easier now, but I'm not losing quite as fast (I guess because it's now 600 cal a day, rather than 450). I lost about 6lb in my first week, when I can remember losing about 12lb the first time I did this. Anyway, I'm trying not to get discouraged because the diet being way easier seems a fair trade off.

This forum also seems a lot quieter than some of the others. Is anyone else following the plan? I'd love to have some diet-buddies :)

Hi. I posted in your introduction thread. I would like to support you and vice versa. I am starting Cambridge tomorrow and can’t wait to take a break from food. I hope the time out will allow me to analyse and find coping strategies for my binge eating! I also have had an eating disorder. It’s such an ingrained thing that I don’t know if I ever will be free from disordered eating but I can only try.

P/s. You said u don’t know how u had the will power the first time... it’s brcause your much stronger than U think!!

Back