Here we go (again) :-(

Mystery solved!!

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't in ketosis as I haven't eaten anything that would have stopped it. I take yakult every morning and just looked at the label and it has 10g of carbs in it! Feel a bit thick for not noticing but at least this explains it!

Mystery solved!!

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't in ketosis as I haven't eaten anything that would have stopped it. I take yakult every morning and just looked at the label and it has 10g of carbs in it! Feel a bit thick for not noticing but at least this explains it!
Aaah. Happy you sorted the mistery:) you're doing so well, keep on going :)
What is yakult?

It is a small probiotic drink. Supposed to be good for gut health. They make a low cal version but even that has 8g of carbs. I think I may become an obsessive label reader now!
Yeah...i think diets do that to a person lol. Not sure if 8g would be enough to take you out of keto. Id do a little experiment. Let yourself not have it and go into keto over the next few days and maybe have the low cal one when you are sure you're in keto?
Coz it might not have an effect once you're there and to give the low cal a chance if you feel your gut really benefits from it! My opinion tho...

Hi there. I'm taking probiotic tablets instead of yakult. You get a bigger range of good bugs and zero carbs. It's a happy evening on amazon checking out the various brands. It's worth getting one that survives the stomach acids. I used fakespot to filter out the false reviews.

So yesterday i summoned up the courage to weigh myself and i have lost 2.5 kilos since starting just over a week ago. It's funny how you put so much effort in and then it feels like you should have lost loads and loads of weight! I think i am happy-is with that loss, but as always would have liked it to be more. Whenever i did this before i lost a bit at the beginning and then settled into a 1lb a week loss. I found that very demoralising given how restrictive doing a VLCD is. It's like my body wants to keep hold of the fat! Perhaps it thinks that winter is coming or something. :)

2.5 is significant in a week, though! Cheering for you. Definitely some bodies hold on at the weirdest times and then let the weight go in spurts... any downwards motion is good. Hope your second week is going well.

I have to go to a BBQ today with husband's friends. Every single person there will have babies or kids with them except us. We are newlyweds so people seem to think it is hilarious to joke about us getting pregnant. I am so not looking forward to it. I was going to skip it but I figure he needs support as well and it's not fair to inflict it on him alone. I am going to try and not eat anything with carbs in and stick to no alcohol. We are driving so that makes it easier. Wish me luck though- I can't promise I won't be very sharp with the first skinny b**** who makes a joke about babies. :mad::eek::)

Good luck Boggle! Don't let the baby talks get to you. Not sure why people with kids think that everyone should follow suit...you have babies when you're ready not when others tell you to do that. People are silly sometimes! Keep going with the good progress you're making and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Good luck Boggle! Don't let the baby talks get to you. Not sure why people with kids think that everyone should follow suit...you have babies when you're ready not when others tell you to do that. People are silly sometimes! Keep going with the good progress you're making and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Thanks! I'm going to practice my Zen face. :)

Managed to stay for a whole 4 hours and then made a break for it. Food wise wasn't terrible. Had a couple of sausages with no bun and a chicken leg. Drank nothing apart from water and 7up zero so am feeling ok about it. Someone even said I had lost weight which was nice. Back on it properly today though. :)

Thought I has had a really good week. Except I have just weighed myself and have lost less than half a kilo. Urgh. This is what always happens. I find it so demoralizing. :-(

I found the stuff the guy says in this video quite interesting related to what you're saying. I don't fully like his public speaking manner (personal choice i reckon!) but the content is really sound. And helps with such demoralizing feelings. Its the trend that counts not the particular day. Chin up hun, you're gonna get there, I promise! Just keep doing what you've been doing until now as it's going to get easier every day. And the trend looks in your favour!

I am so hungry and it isn't anything to do with food. Its just an emotional response to the fact that i was disappointed when i weighed myself. I don't even think i actually am hungry but my brain is saying that i need to eat. I have had my third exante meal a little early and forced myself to eat it slowly. I am absolutely freezing though and I can't stop thinking about how much better i would feel with a massive bowl of tomato soup with bread and cheese. I am determined not to but i needed to put out in the universe that i feel rubbish. Oh well- back to my work spreadsheets. :rolleyes::(

Made the mistake of weighing myself out of sync and have gained half a kilo. I don't know why i stepped on the scales but they were calling to me!

Oh well- silly thing to do, onwards and upwards!

Made the mistake of weighing myself out of sync and have gained half a kilo. I don't know why i stepped on the scales but they were calling to me!

Oh well- silly thing to do, onwards and upwards!
I am a daily weigher and can go up a kg with no reason. I guess it's just water, variations in passage of stools and whatever! If you are female and menstruate, that can cause variations too. Keep calm and Exante on.

Back