Here we go... again!

ZoeDx

DAY 1 - Monday 17th September 2018

So, here I am, once again, at the beginning of a long (and hopefully successful!) journey to lose weight. I've done it before, and I'll do it again.

I decided to open a new MiniMins account as I'd previously lost four stone when I was a regular member to this forum and really valued the online support here. It felt good to know there were so many other people around the world fighting the same battles as me.

Before I start to 'hammer' this post with my regular diaries and updates, I thought I better fill you in with my story.

My name is Zoe, I'm 26 years old and I'm happily married to the love of my life, Carl. We married in 2015, when I was a comfortable and confident size 12-14. I loved how I looked during that period. I'd always battled with my weight, ranging from 16 stone to 11 stone.

That was three years ago now, and I've piled the weight on... now taking me to the heaviest I've ever been at 19stone. 19stone...!! how did I get that big? Needless to say, my confidence is shattered and I feel horrendous in my own skin. But, I've decided enough is enough and it's time for me to lose this weight once and for all... and maintain it. Because, that is obviously where my downfall seems to be.

After speaking to my GP and explaining how my weight gain was affecting me mentally and physically, she agreed to refer me to the NHS weight loss programme, with my first meeting and weigh in last Friday. I've now agreed to weekly weigh ins (starting from Friday 28th).

Since then, I've adapted to the "intermittent fasting" way with a large fasting window (I only eat between 12pm-6pm.) where I have a Strawberry Slimfast Shake and 2 oranges for lunch, then a light dinner (last night I had a mugshot and some vegetable crisps). I've been actively walking a lot more, and yesterday I reached 7,000 steps! (obviously I know that is quite a bit off the recommended 10,000 steps... but 7,000 was a lot for me!) I plan on hitting that target every day... but adding an additional 500 steps each day.

We'd also booked a holiday of a lifetime for next July to Mexico - a place I've always wanted to visit, but the thought of us spending all that money on a holiday for me to go and not enjoy it (because I'd be so self-conscious at the size and weight I am now) just terrifies me and that is another reason that is driving me to lose this weight.

I think, my ultimate goal would be to lose 6 stone by our holiday (which is in 305 days/10 months!) as this is a lot of weight to lose I'm gonna break it down into mini goals.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
DAY 1 - Monday 17th September 2018

DIARY FOR MONDAY 17TH SEPT 2018:

Intermittent fasting until 12pm (lunch time! wooohooo!)
- Strawberry Slimfast Shake
- 2 Oranges

Drinks - 2 litres of water & 2 cups of peppermint tea

Dinner Time
- Cheese Pasta Mug shot (for easiness)
- 90 calorie vegetable crisps from Asda

Exercise - 73 minutes worth of walking - 7,000 steps.

Last edited:
Hi Zoe, I hope you are well. A few things we have in common, I started 2 weeks ago at 18stone 6lbs so not too far off where you are starting. I also did not do any exercise as I'm a home worker and basically done about 500-800 steps in a day if I was lucky. I also have a holiday booked for May next year and like you I am terrified. Once when I was 18stone I went away and the seatbelt did not fit and I have never been so embarrassed and I swore that wouldn't happen to me again. Lastly I am also a fan of intermittent fasting tho my eating window is 12-8.

I wish u all the best and will keep an eye k ur diary to see how ur getting on :)

Hi Zoe, I hope you are well. A few things we have in common, I started 2 weeks ago at 18stone 6lbs so not too far off where you are starting. I also did not do any exercise as I'm a home worker and basically done about 500-800 steps in a day if I was lucky. I also have a holiday booked for May next year and like you I am terrified. Once when I was 18stone I went away and the seatbelt did not fit and I have never been so embarrassed and I swore that wouldn't happen to me again. Lastly I am also a fan of intermittent fasting tho my eating window is 12-8.

I wish u all the best and will keep an eye k ur diary to see how ur getting on :)

Hi Tangerine, thank you for your comment. It really does mean a lot to see I'm getting some support.

How's your journey going so far? What are you doing?

That's my biggest issue - the 'moving' part, as I've got a desk job - however, I've managed over 3,000 steps today (I'm literally forcing myself to walk the long way to the loo or kitchen, and making more visits!)

Very good luck to you on your journey - I'll keep popping back in every now and then to check and catch up. :)

XX

TUESDAY 18TH SEPT 2018 -

Morning fast went well.

Lunch - 12pm
- SF Strawberry Shake
- 2 Oranges

Already managed 3,000 steps so far but still aiming for 7,500.

Plans for dinner - I'm craving a bowl of special K! :)

Hi Tangerine, thank you for your comment. It really does mean a lot to see I'm getting some support.

How's your journey going so far? What are you doing?

That's my biggest issue - the 'moving' part, as I've got a desk job - however, I've managed over 3,000 steps today (I'm literally forcing myself to walk the long way to the loo or kitchen, and making more visits!)

Very good luck to you on your journey - I'll keep popping back in every now and then to check and catch up. :)

XX

My journey is going well. I started 2 weeks ago at 18stone 6lbs. 1st week lost 6lbs and the 2nd week 5lbs. I was over the moon to see 17stone 8lbs on the scales yesterday - I couldn't quite believe it.

I'm just using MFP to log everything I'm eating and also going to the gym most days. I have a fit bit and my resting heart rate has come down from 85bpm to 73bpm so apart from he weight coming off it's good to see the positive effect on my health.

Are u sure you are eating enough. It doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I'm trying my 1st spin class at 5.15. I think it might just kill me lol!

My journey is going well. I started 2 weeks ago at 18stone 6lbs. 1st week lost 6lbs and the 2nd week 5lbs. I was over the moon to see 17stone 8lbs on the scales yesterday - I couldn't quite believe it.

I'm just using MFP to log everything I'm eating and also going to the gym most days. I have a fit bit and my resting heart rate has come down from 85bpm to 73bpm so apart from he weight coming off it's good to see the positive effect on my health.

Are u sure you are eating enough. It doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I'm trying my 1st spin class at 5.15. I think it might just kill me lol!

Very well done with that amazing loss - for 2 weeks that is brilliant. I hope I can manage a decent loss like you! I've been very good, but I'm going away for 2 nights on Friday and I just hope I'm good. My plan is to walk alot haha.

I also use the MFP - I think it's great. How many calories are you aiming for each day?

I hope I'm eating enough - the only reason I don't seem to eat much is since I'm doing the intermittent fasting and working full time - I literally eat(or drink) my lunch, then by the time I get home at 5pm, there's only time for a 'quick meal' before I go back to fasting and exercising at 6pm.

Good luck with spin class! please let me know how it goes, as I've been looking at classes today and wondered which ones to try!

Very well done with that amazing loss - for 2 weeks that is brilliant. I hope I can manage a decent loss like you! I've been very good, but I'm going away for 2 nights on Friday and I just hope I'm good. My plan is to walk alot haha.

I also use the MFP - I think it's great. How many calories are you aiming for each day?

I hope I'm eating enough - the only reason I don't seem to eat much is since I'm doing the intermittent fasting and working full time - I literally eat(or drink) my lunch, then by the time I get home at 5pm, there's only time for a 'quick meal' before I go back to fasting and exercising at 6pm.

Good luck with spin class! please let me know how it goes, as I've been looking at classes today and wondered which ones to try!

Well my calorie allowance is 1600 but with the exercise my deficit is somewhere in the region of 700-800 calories so I'm eating between 1000-1200

How long have u been doing IF. Should u consider increasing ur eating window to allow a healthy nutritious meal?

Lovely. It will be hard to stay on track. Just keep in mind that holiday to Mexico next year and you'll probably stay reasonably ok. Where are u off to?

Well my calorie allowance is 1600 but with the exercise my deficit is somewhere in the region of 700-800 calories so I'm eating between 1000-1200

How long have u been doing IF. Should u consider increasing ur eating window to allow a healthy nutritious meal?

Lovely. It will be hard to stay on track. Just keep in mind that holiday to Mexico next year and you'll probably stay reasonably ok. Where are u off to?
Good idea actually - I'll probably carry on as I am for this week to test it out, if not I'll start eating more.

We're off to Rivieria Maya - have you ever been to Mexico? If so, what was it like?

Good idea actually - I'll probably carry on as I am for this week to test it out, if not I'll start eating more.

We're off to Rivieria Maya - have you ever been to Mexico? If so, what was it like?

I went to Mexico about 12 years ago to Cancun. It was lovely. My sister honeymooned in Rivieria Maya and really enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll love it.

My spin class killed me lol! It's so hard. Luckily I was the only person in the class so could die in private lol!

I think I'll keep going with them tho. I can only get better.

Hope u had a nice evening

I went to Mexico about 12 years ago to Cancun. It was lovely. My sister honeymooned in Rivieria Maya and really enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll love it.

My spin class killed me lol! It's so hard. Luckily I was the only person in the class so could die in private lol!

I think I'll keep going with them tho. I can only get better.

Hope u had a nice evening

I'm so excited to go - but at the same time dreading it because of my size. It's one of the things that's driving me!

Well done for attending spin class!!

DAY 2 - Tuesday 18th September 2018

FULL DIARY

Firstly, I managed to hit my increased target of 7,500! Wooohooo! Up another 500 steps today though to hit 8,000 steps! It seems daunting this early in the morning when I've only done around 500 or so... but I know it's achievable.

Yesterday was a good day, with the following calories consumed:

fasted until 12pm
Lunch - SF Strawberry Milkshake 230 cals
Snack - 2 oranges 124 cals

Dinner - large bowl of Special K - 360 cals
With - Semi Skimmed Milk - 120 cals

Snack - Asda Great Shape Roast Vegetable Crisps - 99 cals

Drinks - Water & Peppermint Tea

Totals for the day (as per MFP)
Calories - 954
Cals Burned - 450

Exercise - 71 minutes of walking - 7642 steps

Last edited:
DAY 3 - Wednesday 19th Sept 2018

I'm feeling good today. I'm feeling energetic, I'm definitely not hungry and I'm feeling so motivated.

I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but this morning as I was getting ready for work, my trousers already felt so much better. I didn't have to 'suck in' to button them up which is an achievement - especially when it's the time of the month and I'm usually so bloated!

I'd set myself a small goal of increasing my steps by 500 each day, starting on Monday with a goal of 7,000... which I hit. Obviously, with my rule of increasing the 500, yesterday was the goal was 7,500.... and I hit 7,600! I'm thrilled that I actually managed to do it.

Again, increasing by 500, I'm aiming to hit 8,000 steps today. I work full time in a 'desk' job, so during the day I just keep taking extra toilet breaks where I'll march on the spot, or regularly go on tea runs etc - it definitely works and it gets my heart racing!

Today's food diary will probably look a lot like yesterday. Fasting until lunch time, shake, orange, then something light for tea - I'm really fancying poached eggs, so might treat myself!

Anyway, if anyone is reading this - I wish you a good day - stay motivated, stay happy & healthy.

Xxx

I'm so excited to go - but at the same time dreading it because of my size. It's one of the things that's driving me!

Well done for attending spin class!!

Well u won't be that size when u go to Mexico though will u 😉😉😉

DAY 3 - Wednesday 19th Sept 2018

I'm feeling good today. I'm feeling energetic, I'm definitely not hungry and I'm feeling so motivated.

I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but this morning as I was getting ready for work, my trousers already felt so much better. I didn't have to 'suck in' to button them up which is an achievement - especially when it's the time of the month and I'm usually so bloated!

I'd set myself a small goal of increasing my steps by 500 each day, starting on Monday with a goal of 7,000... which I hit. Obviously, with my rule of increasing the 500, yesterday was the goal was 7,500.... and I hit 7,600! I'm thrilled that I actually managed to do it.

Again, increasing by 500, I'm aiming to hit 8,000 steps today. I work full time in a 'desk' job, so during the day I just keep taking extra toilet breaks where I'll march on the spot, or regularly go on tea runs etc - it definitely works and it gets my heart racing!

Today's food diary will probably look a lot like yesterday. Fasting until lunch time, shake, orange, then something light for tea - I'm really fancying poached eggs, so might treat myself!

Anyway, if anyone is reading this - I wish you a good day - stay motivated, stay happy & healthy.

Xxx

Awe amazing. Just remember this feeling when u think of falling off the wagon cos if u do you'll feel crap about it so keep up the positivity - your doing great

thanks lovely - how are you today? how's your day going?xx

I'm ok thanks. Bothered by a stinking cold. Still managed a swim this morning tho 500metres hoping for a bit more tomorrow.

Found a lovely covent garden soup for lunch only 95cals for 300g quite tasty as well.

It's soooo windy here at the moment. I need to go and rescue the contents of my wheelie bin 🙄🙄🙄🙄

What about u. How have u been getting on?

I'm ok thanks. Bothered by a stinking cold. Still managed a swim this morning tho 500metres hoping for a bit more tomorrow.

Found a lovely covent garden soup for lunch only 95cals for 300g quite tasty as well.

It's soooo windy here at the moment. I need to go and rescue the contents of my wheelie bin 🙄🙄🙄🙄

What about u. How have u been getting on?
Well done on the swim! today has dragged... but I don't feel hungry. Only managed 3,000 steps so far. We're off to Asda after work, so I'm gonna do laps of the shop and then some more exercising tonight. Must hit that 8,000 mark!!

Xxx

DAY 4 - Thursday 20th Sept 2018

Yesterday went really well. I am incredibly happy with the progress I'm making. Again, I've put my work trousers on today and I never had to breathe in, and I feel like they're 'moving' when I walk as I'm getting more room! If that makes sense? Which is an amazing feeling since it's the TOTM.

Yesterday's info(all calories from MFP):
fasted until 12pm
Lunch -
SF Shake - Strawberry - 230 calories
2 Oranges - 124

Dinner -
0.5 sachet of pasta n sauce - cheese and broccoli - 222 calories

Snacks -
Asda great shape vegetable crisps - 99 calories
1 pack of raisins - 65 calories

Drinks -
Water
Peppermint Tea

Total Calories - 750

Exercise - 73 minutes of walking - 463 calories

And.... I managed to hit 8,100 steps!!! :eek: So proud!

In for a busy day today as straight after work I need to start packing, cleaning, etc... so I don't know if I'll manage to do as much exercise, so I'm just going to aim for 8k steps again and not going to pressure myself to add the additional 500.

Today will be fairly similar foodwise/calorie wise with a shake for lunch and a light dinner.

And... I don't think I've ever said this before, but I'm so excited to step on those scales - next Friday can't come fast enough for me! (I know I can easily get weighed before then but as I'm on the NHS weight management, I'm choosing to stick with their scales, as it's so disheartening when my scales show I'm a stone lighter, then I get weighed on theirs...!) I wonder what could be classed as a decent loss amount for the first 2 weeks of pushing hard?

So come on... let's go and kick Day 4's a**e!!

DAY 5 - Friday 29 Sept 2018
Wooo... it's no longer the TOTM, so I'm definitely feeling even better than I was - and I was feeling absolutely fantastic before. Yesterday was a good busy day. I'd stuck to my calorie limit and ensured I got my steps in, as well as packing and doing on the usual running around before the weekend. I literally got into bed at 10.30 (late night for me!) and fell straight asleep...which is a first!

I don't know if it is because of all the running around I've been doing... but I've woke up absolutely starving! Everyone at work is having their regular 'fat friday' bacon sandwich breakfast... so I must be good and resist the smell. :confused:

On the plus side.... I finish work at 12.30 today! (so i won't have time for my shake) as I'll literally be getting picked up...home for a shower, finish packing and away down Hull we go for the weekend... So we'll more than likely eat in the car.

Yesterday's info(all calories from MFP):
fasted until 12pm
Lunch -
SF Shake - Strawberry - 230 calories
1 Oranges - 62

Dinner -
2 slices of wholemeal bread toasted
half tin of tomatoes

Snacks -
Yoshi low fat/calorie crisps - half bag

Drinks -
Water