Here we go!!!

MandyLupton

Gold Member
Hi all ;), I'm Mandy and desperately trying to get the excess weight off. I have been successful before with Slimming World losing 3 stone. I'm loving the Extra Easy plan. When I did this before it was green and red days only and mixing the two was classed as a tartan day and not recommended lol.
Had a shakey start but getting the hang of it now, really hoping to make up for the lack of weightloss this week as it's been a lot easier now I'm getting my head around it.
It seems so alien to be eating so much without the guilt.......before my thinking has always been.....I'm on a diet so hence I must go hungry and this is definately not the case with SW extra easy. I have been told that the weightloss is slower ( not sure if this true) but there's no depriving yourself so if this is the case I'm happy to lose at slower rate.
My weigh day is Tuesday at 10am so no waiting till the evening which is great. Like I said I'm hoping for a good loss this week so watch this space.
Hello to all fellow losers :wavey:

Good Luck! I've been doing SW for 3 weeks now and it's amazing just how much you can eat! You never have to go hungry!!
We can do this!! :D xx

Hi GC, your weightloss is fab well done. I had a gain of 1 and a half pounds last week, I had a syn excessive week which told on the scales so won't be doing that again in a hurry. Had an average of 10 per day this week so fingers crossed for Tuesday.
How many syns do you average a day? My consultant told me to have up to 20 as I'm over 16 stone.

I try not to have too many if I'm honest, and I find I have to FIND things to use my syns with cause I don't like using them in meals haha.
I average out at about 6 syns a day usually. If i treat myself to a curly wurly then its a bit more lol. I'm over 16 stone (22 6lbs actually) but I've not heard anything about having more syns if you weigh more but it would make sense! (thats how WW points work).
What kind of things do u use your syns on? x

Hi and welcome, I too find it difficult to use my syns. I wont have things in like chocolate because I cant stop at just one, same with biscuits, I only drink occasionally and then being such a lightweight, its usually only one glass of wine, or maybe one glass of champagne as a celebration. The only thing I seem to use syns for is an Alpen bar if I have used my HexB at breakfast, or for something like ELF mayo. I rarely use more than 5 in a day.
Good luck with EE, I'm finding it absolutely great, I can honestly say that I havent been hungry since I started it and I love the fact that the meals fit in with ordinary everyday eating. No having to make one meal for me and one for my husband.
I look forward to hearing about your losses.

Got to admit this weekend has been a bit of a write off but I did kind of prepare myself for it. I've been ultra good during the week averaging 10 syns per day. I like to use my syns in the food as I would binge if I tried to limit myself to one biscuit or one fudge bar. I still know the rest of the packet is in the cupboard. I'm drawing a line under the weekend and starting a fresh tomorrow.
I've had white bread a bit of chocolate, meal out with the family today and so on. Nowhere near as bad as I would have previously been so I am learning to control myself. I don't drink anymore as it's all or nothing with me so cut the alcohol over a year ago.
Unfortunately we need food to live and can't do without it so I'll have to learn to control myself.......'eat to live' and not 'live to eat' senario....if you get my drift

Weigh-in was a total disaster.........put 1 and a half on!!!. Had deep discussions with my consultant and trying something she suggested so fingers crossed.....it will work. Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and it seems to be working. Don't want to be too confident so will see on tuesday.

Trying not to have any 'MugShot's this week. I've been having one every day since I started. I know they're on the free food list but they are 240cals per mug so I've cut them out now. When you add the calories up over the week it's works out at 1,680, thats a days calorie count on other diets. So filling up on fruit and salad now. Lets see how it goes, fingers crossed x

well my pepp talk with my consultant worked I've lost 6lbs whoo hoo!!!!! I've only had syns in my meals eg extra light mayo, light balsamic vinegar, and so on and definately filling up on super free foods instead of syn free foods. Used to have a mugshot every day and have cut them out. Cut back on muller lights, was having 3-4 a day now having 1 or 2. Only eating fruit after 7pm. It's all helped me so really pleased with myself.

Makes you think about the free food doesn't it. Mugshots are on average 240 cals so when you add them up over the week it's a lot x

Back