Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

krupskaya said:
Hi Team mates, hope your all having a mighty fine weekend. I've been dreadful on the food front :break_diet:. Was doing really well until yesterday evening when, even though I wasn't hungry, I went on a mad binge :eek:. Desperately trying to pull things back before weigh in this week.

On another note, I was in town yesterday and caught sight of myself in a shop window and I looked like a wobbly blob:wave_cry:. My legs looked slim but my body looked huge. It really upset me and got me to thinking I need to reset my target at a lower weight. The problem is I just can't stomach the effort it'll take to go even lower than 9.5 stone :sigh:. I guess I'll have to see how I feel when I hit target.

Hope you all are doing good...

Oh Zooooeeee! Those Swansea shop windows lie doncha know?! Sounds like you're having a bad week! Blimey, you're doing so brilliantly and have made such excellent progress in a short space of time you deserve to put the breaks on for a while- this doesn't mean you'll do any damage, nothing that can't easily be corrected anyway! Sorry to hear you're not yet happy with your shape and size! And I'm sure as long as the weight you alter your Target to is a healthy one for your height, it will be more than acheivable! And no rush! You could chip away very gradually to do this! Are you sure it wasn't just that you weren't wearing the most flattering outfit, or even having one of those body dismorphic days that we all know and love ?! XxX

Last edited:
Oh Zooooeeee! Those Swansea shop windows lie doncha know?! Sounds like you're having a bad week! Blimey, you're doing so brilliantly and have made such excellent progress in a short space of time you deserve to put the breaks on for a while- this doesn't mean you'll do any damage, nothing that can't easily be corrected anyway! Sorry to hear you're not yet happy with your shape and size! And I'm sure as long as the weight you alter your Target to is a healthy one for your height, it will be more than acheivable! And no rush! You could chip away very gradually to do this! Are you sure it wasn't just that you weren't wearing the most flattering outfit, or even having one of those body dismorphic days that we all know and love ?! XxX

Hello lovely Hevva! Ta for your v kind and helpful reply. I suppose when it comes to sw I've got 2 speeds 'stop' and 'go' lol! I've been really strict with myself for most of my weight loss journey (apart from Easter when I had my only gain) and have had my eyes firmly on the prize. It's never occurred to me that I could drop down a gear...
When I saw my hideous reflection I was wearing a most unflattering ensemble. I was wearing my new jeans (size 10) and an old and now very baggy (size 18) top. No wonder I looked a state! Objectively though I'm still carrying a lot of fat around my middle but have slim arms and legs. I'm way out of proportion - a real apple shape.
I guess I'll have to wait until I reach my current target and then take it from there. I'm so hungry for the finish line though! If I decide to drop down further I think I'm going to have to spend some time maintaining at my current target just to catch my breath. Thanks for your input lovely - you've given me lots to think about!

Pommette said:
Mine are still "missing in action" unless I lie down and have a good root around!

I have a "mummy tummy" (even though I've never had kids) sitting on my hysterectomy scar! So this hides them pretty well!

Hang on in there, they will always find their way to the top :0) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Zoe - I would say definitely take a pause when you get to your current target & maintain for a month or so. Your body shape can still alter even if you're not losing weight. How about a bit of targetted exercise to tone the bits you're not so happy with?

I also don't know how old you are. I'm always going to end up with a few wobbly bits as at nearly 56 the skin is just not elastic enough any more to go back into shape!

And oh to have slim legs and arms! Those are still my worst bits. Plus I'm a cross between a pear and an hourglass. Reasonable boobs, used to be slim waisted but with "good childbearing hips"!

I'm not sure whether Hevs is home yet so thought I'd post the updated figures.

Beverley8603- 19 lb (0 lbs lost ~ 19lb to go)
Ellebear - 7 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go)
Emmaline - 10 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go)
Funcurls - 12.5 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 9.5 lbs to go)
Gembear- 14.5lb (0.5 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go)
Ginlin - 2 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go) GINLIN HAS REACHED TARGET AND COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE!!!
Gonnabesmall - 10 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go)
Jaylou - 8 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go)
Katerpillar - 7 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go)
Krupskaya- 5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go)
Leapfrog- 10 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go)
Ninnins- 12 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go)
Pesty - 10 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go)
Pommette - 10.5 lbs (3 1/4 lbs lost ~ 7 1/4 lbs to go)
Trango- 12.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost- 11 lbs to go)
Vitology- 12 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 9.5 lbs to go)
Woodland Girl - 8 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go)

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg

At the moment Emmaline is well in the lead with her fantastic 6 lb loss,
but still waiting for two more results.

I've added in GBS's total to date which I was missing last week.
We've now lost a collective total of 618.5 lbs - over 44 stone!!

We are doing amazingly well and our collective weight loss is stunning!
2 lovely ladies with over 60 lbs lost and Ninnins almost at her century!
Fingers crossed that you manage it this week.

Good luck Ninnins and to everyone else for next week.

Last edited:
Thankyou Ninnins and Pommette. I'm defo gonna stop for a while when I reach target and after a while of that decide where I go from there... Thanks for the suggestions Pommette, I should really get off my fat butt and do some exercise - I always find an excuse not to though!
I read that article Ninnins and it was good. The only thing is I may be an apple but I still have 'childbearing hips' lol!
I've tried on my winter coats as I had a feeling that I'd need a new one and my what a boost - they're so big on me, they look like comedy coats haha! It's a good job I've been saving up for new clothes since I began with sw.

Way to go Emmaline!!! Wish i could lose 6lb in a week, what do you think you have done this week that has given you such a fantastic loss :0)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

less of this childbearing hips talk, more womanly curves talk!
My boobs are a reasonable size but I just wish I had a bit more - then I could try for the Marilyn Monroe look!

Last edited:
Right then ladies, where were we?!! I'm home and now safely seated at my PC!! I managed to dodge the riots in London this weekend and back in the Welsh countryside! Had a lovely time, wasn't exactly ON plan in terms of counting syns, but what I did do was ate light and avoided having too many naughty things! Put it this way, if I were on a calorie controlled diet or WW I would probably have stayed within my allowance! I also did LOADS of walking! I may get away with it, but may not as Aunt Flo arrived this weekend and sometimes I don't see a loss until the following week so I don't really know how it's going to go tomorrow at WI!! If I gain or STS I won't know whether to blame food or Aunt Flo!! But whatever happens I'm going to be so focused throughout the following week I'm not going to get too worried or hung up!!

So time to update stats!! As you will have seen, Bev has done it this end and I have now done it the top end!! Bravo everyone, there have been some great losses this week and I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend and feeling hopeful and positive about the coming week and pending WIs!!! An extra special well done for the challenge's Slimmer of the Week Emmeline who has particularly shone this week with a whopping 6 lber!!! Fantastic! Love you all, FC/Hev XXX

Last edited:
Thanks Bev for updating! BTW I've changed your data to 3.25/7.25 as was feeling uncomfortable with the 3 1/4 & 7 1/4! Just keeping things consistent!!X

Hi Hevs, sounds like you had a fab time in the big smoke. Well done you for making good choices with your food while away. 'Aunt Flo' lol - loving it (never heard that one before!) Good luck for weigh in later on today. Go get em girl!

Hi Hevs, sounds like you had a fab time in the big smoke. Well done you for making good choices with your food while away. 'Aunt Flo' lol - loving it (never heard that one before!) Good luck for weigh in later on today. Go get em girl!

Ha!! Yeh had a great time thanks! Done food diary over on diary but didn't put the syns in as I know I was well over but hoping small quantities of things and also walking miles will count for something ( BIG HOPE lol!!) Yes Aunt Flo has a lot to answer for!! She always seems to call in on me when I'm away somewhere or during other very inconvenient times! I think she does it to wind me up!! Have a great week yourself hun!!X

. . . Yes Aunt Flo has a lot to answer for!! She always seems to call in on me when I'm away somewhere or during other very inconvenient times! I think she does it to wind me up!!

My friend Christine (the lovely lady who gave me loads of new clothes that she'd slimmed out of) got to the point where if Aunt Flo had been a real person she would have happily killed her!

Being a lady of a "certain age", and going through the menopause, she didn't see Aunt Flo for months on end! Until she hopped on a flight for her twice yearly visit to us here in Spain.

Ah well.

Lost another ¾ lb this week - so that makes 4 lbs in total for me with 6½ lbs to go. Sorry you don't like my ¾ and ¼ Hevs! But weighing in kgs they appear quite a lot! This week should be easier for you!

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Lost another ¾ lb this week - so that makes 4 lbs in total for me with 6½ lbs to go. Sorry you don't like my ¾ and ¼ Hevs! But weighing in kgs they appear quite a lot! This week should be easier for you!

Ooh well done u!!! Yet another great loss! Not far to go now! This is exciting stuff!! Oh yes, much much more comfortable with a simple .5 than a .25! Well I don't mind the .25 or .75, but it's the 1/4 or the 3/4! It makes things look messy!! OCD at its most powerful!XxX

Last edited:
Hi Girls, Good WI for me today..just a small 1lb but really pleased with that.
It did go up to 13.12 (194lb) during the week so am very grateful that it has come down again.

Btw my scales are set for stones and pounds and also show the quarters as well which I prefer to ignore as I can't see them without putting my specs on or bending down to it.

Back