Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

I agree, Jaylou, weekends can be so tough. I end up eating things I don't particularly like, just because they're offered. Well, not this weekend! I have ammunition - 2 kilos of grapes and a big bunch of bananas - and I'm not afraid to use it :D

I agree, Jaylou, weekends can be so tough. I end up eating things I don't particularly like, just because they're offered. Well, not this weekend! I have ammunition - 2 kilos of grapes and a big bunch of bananas - and I'm not afraid to use it :D

Haha I'm loving that LF!! Fruity ammunition!! Powerful stuff!!X

Don't worry about STS! It's not in the wrong direction and perhaps it will keep you on your toes for a nice hefty loss next week which will more than make up for this week and will then feel insignificant!! X

Just popping in to see how my fellow team mates are doing!

And what can I say....Well done to you all x

Just popping in to see how my fellow team mates are doing!

And what can I say....Well done to you all x

Hi Ginlin, thanks for popping in!!! How are you doing at target? Question:- Are you finding it difficult? Have you increased anything imparticular? I'm hoping to be there soon (!!!!) and a bit scared that when the thrill of the chase is over I'll struggle to be motivated!! Do you have any strategies yet that you find help keep you going? XXX

i am full of focus - and determination - and willpower. If anyone needs any come and see me!!!

This weekend is going to be awesome - and i am in 100% control.

Have some of that fat cells!!!! x

i am full of focus - and determination - and willpower. If anyone needs any come and see me!!!

This weekend is going to be awesome - and i am in 100% control.

Have some of that fat cells!!!! x

Thanks for the offer hun!!! I will come to you if my motivation dwindles over the weekend, but right now I'm mega mega determined!! My scales are saying 10st 13.4lb and it would be lovely to see them going down a couple of lbs over the weekend! I will do my best!! 3 days left to achieve this!X

Fruity Ammunition!! Great saying - Im gonna reload in preparation for the weekend!
Also, love the "Have that Fat Cells!"
Inspirational quotations I shall be stealing!
Many thanks
Lindsay

hehe! i am going to bust the bottom off my lard cells, and flip the fat cells back to where they came from!

Hevs - my scales say 13st today.....im on it!!! :) and i think not going mad after weigh in, has given me a proper good start to this week.

I just want to be my lowest ever for the district finals!!!! Just had an offer to go out Sat night and i have suggested i drive so i dont drink.

I really think the 'focus' is coming out of my pores! xxx

Ellebear said:
hehe! i am going to bust the bottom off my lard cells, and flip the fat cells back to where they came from!

Hevs - my scales say 13st today.....im on it!!! :) and i think not going mad after weigh in, has given me a proper good start to this week.

I just want to be my lowest ever for the district finals!!!! Just had an offer to go out Sat night and i have suggested i drive so i dont drink.

I really think the 'focus' is coming out of my pores! xxx

Now that IS dedication! Tell those fat cells to take a trip to where the sun don't shine! X

Ellebear, I need a kick up the bum, I know what I'm doing but at the moment seem to be wanting to sabotage things. Only 1/2 a stone away from target too.

Does anyone else go through this?

I bought some low syn chocolate bars to last throughout the week, I ate the lot!!
Also bought some cookies from Sainsbury's, whilst I have had help eating them, I feel a complete out of control numpty.

Meals all being very good but so want to get this back in order.
Will go back on the diary which I have neglected recently.

Have a good weekend guys, I'll try lol

Ellebear, I need a kick up the bum, I know what I'm doing but at the moment seem to be wanting to sabotage things. Only 1/2 a stone away from target too.

I bought some low syn chocolate bars to last throughout the week, I ate the lot!!
Also bought some cookies from Sainsbury's, whilst I have had help eating them, I feel a complete out of control numpty.

Like you wouldn't believe!!! I've been playing around with my last 1/2 stone for 8 months Trango!!! I think it's because the urgency to lose weight isn't there anymore!! You're feeling happier with how you look and feel and you know that Target is just around the corner so when confronted with decisions it's easier to say " Oh, flip it, it doesn't matter, there's always next week and I'm OK as I am"! It makes it harder when people are giving you compliments and telling you you don't need to lose any more!! Something inside your head starts listening to them!! The other thing I think has held me back from blasting the last 1/2 sone off is the fear of actually reaching T!! I'm still very much about 'the thrill of the chase' and I worry about where I'll find my motivation from when I've arrived!!! Does any of the above sound familiar to you?X

Like you wouldn't believe!!! I've been playing around with my last 1/2 stone for 8 months Trango!!! I think it's because the urgency to lose weight isn't there anymore!! You're feeling happier with how you look and feel and you know that Target is just around the corner so when confronted with decisions it's easier to say " Oh, flip it, it doesn't matter, there's always next week and I'm OK as I am"! It makes it harder when people are giving you compliments and telling you you don't need to lose any more!! Something inside your head starts listening to them!! The other thing I think has held me back from blasting the last 1/2 sone off is the fear of actually reaching T!! I'm still very much about 'the thrill of the chase' and I worry about where I'll find my motivation from when I've arrived!!! Does any of the above sound familiar to you?X
I don't seem to suffer from the "fear of getting to target" - as you know I'll still officially be overweight when I get to my interim target.

Bit I definitely agree about the urgency factor. I'm looking and feeling so much better and as you say people keep telling me "Don't lose any more - you'll be too thin!" . This is the only time I actually get annoyed - I will still be 7 lbs above a BMI of 26 when I get there and I still have a flabby roll on my lower tum! Although I don't think I'll ever get rid of this being 56 now - the middle age spread effect has taken hold on my hysterectomy scar !!!!

But the other thing I find that affects me is the "tedium" aspect. I've been losing weight for 5 long years - albeit in 2 concentrated burtsts. First time I lost 2+ stone then maintained at that for over 3 years. Second bite of the cherry started just after New Year and there are times when I just want to say "to hell with it - I really want . . . " It doesn't matter what it is I want, it could be peanuts, it could be an ice lolly (I had TWO yesterday - 10 syns worth - whilst walking round Alicante being a tourist). But I just need to let go and, as you say, sabotage the whole weeks good work.

Bummer isn't it?

I HATE you dont need to lose more comments!

You would thing i was one of those lollipop head girls- i never will be and i dont want to be! I have curves, always will and am proud of them!

Thx all, glad I'm not alone. Have been so good food wise, it's just the extra treats that have thrown me.

Feeling more positive now and determined to limit any damage.

Thanks again x

Trango my lovely - its hard, but you need to try to think of a short term goal.

Mine at the moment is the WOTY district round in 10 days time. I have to be good or i am just going to be embarassing myself, and my group as I am representing their vote.

Do you have anything coming up to keep you focused? I would then get planning and try not to buy any naughties so you dont have anything in reach at a 'weaker' moment.

Ive started making sugar free jelly - 1.5 syns for a bowlful. Its something new, low in syns - and i am going to try to make some new recipes - sometimes a change in meals from the same old routine can be just what you need to keep the focus/interest going!

xxx Good luck - you have done so well! and you will get to Target!!! xxx

Bev- Yes it is a bummer!!! But the way I see it is that once at Target I'll be able to have occasional moments, days, weeks where I do say to myself "to hell with it, I want...." and then have what I want! BUT THEN get right back on the straight and narrow to correct any damage!! I would love to be able to acheive this attitude guilt- free rather than guilt-ridden which I have been doing whilst on my way to T!! Unfortunately I know that I am going to have to be committed to the SW way of life for good now if I want to keep the weight off! The plus side of this is all the health benefits of being healthy and active and feeling good about myself which is what we all want to achieve! I think it's fine to have total unadulterated blow-outs from time to time and these should be totally guilt-free! It's the art of pulling it back again that's the key!!X

I HATE you dont need to lose more comments!

You would thing i was one of those lollipop head girls- i never will be and i dont want to be! I have curves, always will and am proud of them!

Absolutely!! And the odd thing is it's not always the chubsters that say it to me (I'd understand if it was), it's often the size 8 skinnies, and I think "why then is it OK for you to be a skinny minny and not me?!!" Ooh as the saying goes, 'There's nowt as queer as folk...'!!X

Ellebear said:
Trango my lovely - its hard, but you need to try to think of a short term goal.

Mine at the moment is the WOTY district round in 10 days time. I have to be good or i am just going to be embarassing myself, and my group as I am representing their vote.

Do you have anything coming up to keep you focused? I would then get planning and try not to buy any naughties so you dont have anything in reach at a 'weaker' moment.

Ive started making sugar free jelly - 1.5 syns for a bowlful. Its something new, low in syns - and i am going to try to make some new recipes - sometimes a change in meals from the same old routine can be just what you need to keep the focus/interest going!

xxx Good luck - you have done so well! and you will get to Target!!! xxx

Thx hun, no more naughties in the house lol. More focussed just for saying how I was feeling.

That's why I love this site. The damage between weekly visits could have been horrendous. Thanks all for being your support x

Back