Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

Hi Hevs - most threads I'm sure will have Xmas or Santa in one way or another in the title. So how about using the word "Advent" instead.

Something like Advent Adventurers or Advent Calendar Girls ???

And I'm deffo happy to keep posting the weekly results on a Sunday night.

Think thats the only way Ill ever be a calendar girl! :8855:

i would like to join the advent-urous girls when i get back off my honeymoon - dont close the doors will ya!?!? x

As if we would ever close the doors to the new Mrs Stanley!!!! Mind you you'll be so active on honeymoon you may not put on any weight at all!!:8855: Heheheee did I really just say that?! I mean extreme sports etc etc of course :8855:XXX

Hi Hevs - most threads I'm sure will have Xmas or Santa in one way or another in the title. So how about using the word "Advent" instead.

Great, good idea for a name!! I wonder if we could get 'ship' or 'boat' in there, as we've taken on a slightly nautical theme!!!XXX

2lb off for me this week, back below 12! happy with that x

Yippee - you are sooooo close! Get you head down and you'll be there next week. Looks like you'll probably win our personal challenge as I've got 4¼ to lose in 2 weeks. Which for this tortoise is probably a 1 or 2 lb too far!

You never know, maybe having overindulged might kick-start a loss for you.
You'll get there in the end Tortue :D

I like the Advent Calendar Girls

2lb off for me this week, back below 12! happy with that x
And a well done from me too.

Now if only I could get to below 12 st, I'd be at target!!! :wave_cry: :8855:

Last edited:
Great, good idea for a name!! I wonder if we could get 'ship' or 'boat' in there, as we've taken on a slightly nautical theme!!!XXX

How about Advent Calendar Girl Spankers

Bit of a mouthful though and most people won't understand the "spankers", and its a bit risque.

However, as spanker is a sort of sail on a gaff rig boat!

no weigh in for me this week - im hiding!!!! x
Me too girls... (note, not many boys seem to be on this site) We went up to Puerto de La Cruz, all inclusive, for two nights, Came back and I have actually lost a bit.(1.5 kilos) This is way too late for the original target,challenge..:mad: Sorry. BUT, when the 'Old year out/advent challenge,' kicks off, I shall be there..please! My target is to lose a good half a stone - 3/4...still. I shall try really hard this time, not to waste all of your times typing stuff out. Plus My target date is 1st December.( A trip back to England the day after, so a super reason...I think) :4635:Good luck all

Powla said:
Me too girls... (note, not many boys seem to be on this site) We went up to Puerto de La Cruz, all inclusive, for two nights, Came back and I have actually lost a bit.(1.5 kilos) This is way too late for the original target,challenge..:mad: Sorry. BUT, when the 'Old year out/advent challenge,' kicks off, I shall be there..please! My target is to lose a good half a stone - 3/4...still. I shall try really hard this time, not to waste all of your times typing stuff out. Plus My target date is 1st December.( A trip back to England the day after, so a super reason...I think) :4635:Good luck all

Way to go Powla! That's 3.3lb! So fantastic news! I will update as soon as I get home from pesky night shift! Puerto de la Cruz- I love that place! I also love Loro Park! Hey sweetcheeks, don't worry about wasting our time! There's no such thing here! We've all got to do whatever it takes to get us there! I look forward to you hopping aboard our new Chrimbo challenge when the time comes?! Start date 17th Oct! XxX

Pommette said:
How about Advent Calendar Girl Spankers

Bit of a mouthful though and most people won't understand the "spankers", and its a bit risque.

However, as spanker is a sort of sail on a gaff rig boat!

Job done! Risqué is good! They can always Google it if they're THAT bothered by it! ('they' being any concerned parties!) XxX

May I start on the 5th of October please??(only a few days previous).. not being funny, but I rather think it will take it's time.(And I have my mind around starting on Wednesday I just wish people/customers would stop saying " what do you want to lose weight for?? There is more fat on a chip!! Grrrr!!)
Where do you work Bev?, or rather, what do you do,? to have to work the night shift I could ,maybe, find out by delving into your previous posts, but I am still finding my way around, having never done a forum before,, and I was (read as 'still am') a bit of a technophobe too.
Puerto, I agree, is superb, we stay only ten mins from the 'Loro' and have not been...yet!!
I do hope mum got back safe and sound and that you enjoyed (her, now, forgotten) time together!! Great, this old age hey??? Bless them all x

Where do you work Bev?, or rather, what do you do,? to have to work the night shift I could ,maybe, find out by delving into your previous posts, but I am still finding my way around, having never done a forum before,, and I was (read as 'still am') a bit of a technophobe too.
Methinks you mean Hev! :eek:
I'm sure Hev won't mind me answering. She is a nurse and, if I get this right, she works on the cardio-thoracic ITU!

Now Bev (ie me!) on the other hand, is a retired old fogey living on the Southern Costa Blanca doing nothing but play bridge or play on her computer!

Ooops sorry. I am getting the two of you confused (Why I clicked on you I'll never know!! another minipaws sign...forgetting things!!) I was right about your mam though Bev? ( the fact that she made it over to see you?) I hope that fact was correct... Umm??
Having said that, you are all super on this site, so encouraging.. and it is harder Bev, I think, when you are away from 'easily counted foods(ie processed).... but better in a way. Everything (well most things) are made from scratch...even sausages..in our house anyway!!
As you say, "Onwards and upwards"- or hopefully, 'downwards'

Ooops sorry. I am getting the two of you confused (Why I clicked on you I'll never know!! another minipaws sign...forgetting things!!) I was right about your mam though Bev? ( the fact that she made it over to see you?) I hope that fact was correct... Umm??
Having said that, you are all super on this site, so encouraging.. and it is harder Bev, I think, when you are away from 'easily counted foods(ie processed).... but better in a way. Everything (well most things) are made from scratch...even sausages..in our house anyway!!
As you say, "Onwards and upwards"- or hopefully, 'downwards'
Aye, t'was my mum that was here. She is home safe and sound now and has totally forgotten the conversations we had when she was here about moving to somewhere more manageable or me flying out to bring her back next time.

I've told hubby to shoot me when I start to get like this. Only problem is we've just sold our shot gun! :eek:

Powla said:
May I start on the 5th of October please??(only a few days previous).. not being funny, but I rather think it will take it's time.(And I have my mind around starting on Wednesday I just wish people/customers would stop saying " what do you want to lose weight for?? There is more fat on a chip!! Grrrr!!)
Puerto, I agree, is superb, we stay only ten mins from the 'Loro' and have not been...yet!!
I do hope mum got back safe and sound and that you enjoyed (her, now, forgotten) time together!! Great, this old age hey??? Bless them all x

Hi Powla! Ha ha this amused me greatly that you got myself Hev and Bev mixed up! Although my Mum is also quite doolally at times, so we have sumink in common- as well as rhyming names!!

Bev is indeed right in saying that I am a staff nurse on a cardio-thoracic ITU (in Swansea). I work three 12.5 hour shifts per week, well strictly speaking six per fortnight (that's how it works) and these are a mixture of days and nights, plus overtime on top which I try and do sometimes to top up the ol' pennies! I enjoy the work- in basic terms we look after patients after mainly open heart surgery but also lung surgery, during the critical stages, so most are ventilated and on lots of infusions and invasive monitoring devices. We stabilise them and wean them off things where possible! It's intense when I'm there (here! I'm on nights as I write-on my break ...Zzzzzzz!) but having a fair few days off does help as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! And having great colleagues is also half the battle!! What do you do? X

Aaah Loro Park ....Omg you MUST go there! They have the best penguin enclosure EVER- in natural habitat-like conditions and you can go on a tour and see how they simulate the ice and meet the penguins in person!! And the other animals and birds are awesome too!

Oooh Powla there are still two weeks to go of this challenge yet which means 16 days for some participants to get a few lbs off! Plenty of time left yet! Starting the new one before completing this one would TOTALLY mess with my OCD and obsession with compartmentalisation!! Soz to be the tough guy here but let's complete this one first and then all start off on the same footing lol! :) Nice try though- I admire your determination! XxXxX

just looked and I only have 2.5lb to complete the challenge, thats totally do able! sudden increase in motivation! lol x

Back