hew here, does this menu sound ok?

skinny-mummy

hello.

have been lurking here for a while and finally today have started atkins properly. have ordered the book which should be here on friday so im just guessing for the next couple of days with the help of this forum.

today my menu looks like this-

breakfast- 2 chicken drumsticks. 1 chicken leg.
lunch- atkins bar
dinner- 2 salmon fillets, spinich fried in butter and a little bit of cheese.

havnt felt snackish yet but ive got eggs, bacon, cold meat and cheese in ready just in case.

would love any feedback.

thanks

I would say you need a lot more veggies. You need to get 12-15g of your daily 20g carb limit from veg, and spinach isn't really enough.

Hi I would agree, as a base you are fine but need alot more foundation vegetables, approx 15g of veg

And try not to have Atkins bars in the first two weeks! Or at all, if possible, they're stallers. I try to keep them for emergencies.

avoid the bars too while on induction,as they can stall the weightloss,and cause
you to get a hippy tummy.drink plenty of water.
oh and welcome. :D

Take a look at sticky thread so you are thinking of starting atkins - will tide you over til book arrives:)

Good luck skinny mummy! I found Loads of support and help here. Soon it will all become second nature. :)

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Back