1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HEX B - Oats?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by sunnyshine, 10 May 2014 Social URL.

1. sunnyshine

sunnyshine Member

Hello! I was looking for whether just normal, no added sugar, porridge counts as a healthy extra B? I can find Quaker oats (but only multigrain) through the online food diary but not even Quaker Oats original.

Thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. slimLolly

slimLolly Well-Known Member

They don't bother listing all the brands, it's covered under "35g porridge oats, unflavoured" although bear in mind this only applies to the normal rolled oats and not the instant packets. For instant oats, check by brand as most of them don't qualify any more.

4. sunnyshine

sunnyshine Member

Oh OK! Thank you :) I thought the instant ones were fine as they used to be...oops!!

5. slimLolly

slimLolly Well-Known Member

I think the packet size changed plus the oats allowance went up, so I don't think there's enough in the normal packets to qualify now. I use either the multigrain or Oats2Go ones now, or just a bag of oats if I'm at home so can weigh them out.

6. sunnyshine

sunnyshine Member

Ah. I don't live in the UK and I don't remember seeing those...I will have to write down the ones that count as a HEXB and see what's in the store! I tend to prefer 'crunchy' cereals like Special K (spotted that wasn't a B choice, but I have been synning it!) that I have with fat free yoghurt. Rice krispies (which I think are a HEXB) are boring.