HEX B - Oats?

Hello! I was looking for whether just normal, no added sugar, porridge counts as a healthy extra B? I can find Quaker oats (but only multigrain) through the online food diary but not even Quaker Oats original.

Thank you :)

They don't bother listing all the brands, it's covered under "35g porridge oats, unflavoured" although bear in mind this only applies to the normal rolled oats and not the instant packets. For instant oats, check by brand as most of them don't qualify any more.

I think the packet size changed plus the oats allowance went up, so I don't think there's enough in the normal packets to qualify now. I use either the multigrain or Oats2Go ones now, or just a bag of oats if I'm at home so can weigh them out.

Ah. I don't live in the UK and I don't remember seeing those...I will have to write down the ones that count as a HEXB and see what's in the store! I tend to prefer 'crunchy' cereals like Special K (spotted that wasn't a B choice, but I have been synning it!) that I have with fat free yoghurt. Rice krispies (which I think are a HEXB) are boring.

please can any one help new to all this scottish whole roiled oaks taste the differents can they be used as he B choice

Hi Wilbur, 40 g of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Scottish Whole Rolled Chunky Oats is a Healthy Extra B choice :)

Back