Hey all =]

I'm a newbie currently on Slimming World. Really not getting on with it at the moment so on here for tips and motivation! I previously lost 1st 2lbs on Weight Watchers but then got a little bored! I want to lose another 4 and a half stone...by when I don't know.
Friends aren't very supportive and just put me down all the time so thought i'd try it on here!
Also...if anyone knows how I can put a profile picture up could you explain...i'm getting rather confused!

Stacie =] x

Hey Stacie and :welcome: I'm sorry to hear that your friends have not been very supportive to you, thats terrible, and the fact that they put you down is even worse. Please don't let that get to you, let it make you more determined to lose it and then they can't do that to you anymore.
The fact that you lost that 1st 2lbs on WW in the first place is brilliant, so well done for that. You've definitely come to the right place here, we're all here to support and encourage each other, I'm new myself and love it here, everyone is lovely which you will soon find out.

Hope you enjoy your stay xxx

Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Hello! Some friends are really terrible with this kind of stuff, I have only told about five of my friends that I'm following SW, and they are more than supportive of me, thank God for that. I find it's a lot easier just not to tell certain people, as when I think about it, it doesn't really matter if they know or not!

I'm happy to help with anything you aren't understanding about SW - it gets really really really simple once it just clicks! Also, it might be worth having a talk with your Consultant (do you go to group?) or if you've already sat in on a new member talk and still don't get it, don't be afraid to go and sit in again the next time you have new members in the group. There will be lots of people joining throughout September as kids are back to school and what not, so there's always someone around to help :)

Have a lovely time exploring the site and like I said, I'll be happy to help with anything you want! We can arrange a time (if you have some time spare!) to meet up in the live chat room (look in the blue bars along the top, you'll find it :)) and have a talk about whatever you can't get your head around.

Oh, and if you're thinking 'I can't possibly be losing weight if I'm eating all this!', then slap that mentality out of yourself and get a grip! You can, and you will! :D

Ali xxx

sorry to here you arent getting any support form your friends, you'll find bags of support here :D

everyone is so friendly and will always try to help..

good luck! you'll get there! :)

Hi Stacie,

:welcome: to MiniMins. I'm sorry to hear that your friends are not really supportive and put you down all the time. I would expect my friends to encourage me all the time. I would not let them put you down get on top of you though.

Everyone on MiniMins is really friendly and supportive and we all do different Diets too. I'm sure someone who is doing Slimming World will be able to motivate you and give you some tips and motivation. We will all give you motivation no matter which Diet it is though.

Good luck with your Diet! :)

P.S. I'm not really sure about how to put pictures up myself yet.

Thanks everyone =] Having a bit of a tough time with the dieting though to be honest. Weigh in today and I maintained...and i don't understand how when i've been swimming every day and done between 50 and 60 lengths each time and i've stuck to it. I really really really am not getting on with slimming world. It's to the point where I feel like giving up! Fed up :( x

Back