Hey all =]

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cutiepie13591, 7 September 2010 Social URL.

1. cutiepie13591

cutiepie13591 Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm a newbie currently on Slimming World. Really not getting on with it at the moment so on here for tips and motivation! I previously lost 1st 2lbs on Weight Watchers but then got a little bored! I want to lose another 4 and a half stone...by when I don't know.
    Friends aren't very supportive and just put me down all the time so thought i'd try it on here!
    Also...if anyone knows how I can put a profile picture up could you explain...i'm getting rather confused!

Stacie =] x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bertie's Mum

Bertie's Mum Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    Hi Cutiepie,

Can't help with the photo part - although I have a photo on it, it was from when I started two years ago on here - and I can't remember how I managed it!

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck xx

4. Bertie's Mum

Bertie's Mum Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    Just had another look - it thrugh editing your 'about me' and then edit avatar - then you should be able to upload from there - I think!!

5. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Hey Stacie and :welcome: I'm sorry to hear that your friends have not been very supportive to you, thats terrible, and the fact that they put you down is even worse. Please don't let that get to you, let it make you more determined to lose it and then they can't do that to you anymore.
    The fact that you lost that 1st 2lbs on WW in the first place is brilliant, so well done for that. You've definitely come to the right place here, we're all here to support and encourage each other, I'm new myself and love it here, everyone is lovely which you will soon find out.

Hope you enjoy your stay xxx

6. cutiepie13591

cutiepie13591 Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thank you both =] I thought it would be a good place to start seeing as we're all in the same boat! Unfortunatley my 'friends' don't understand how difficult it is to lose weight as they are all thin! I just have to stop myself craving mcdonalds =] x

7. cutiepie13591

cutiepie13591 Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh and good luck to you both! x

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds.

Irene xx

9. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available!
    Good luck on your weight loss journey
    Sharkbait1983 x

10. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello! Some friends are really terrible with this kind of stuff, I have only told about five of my friends that I'm following SW, and they are more than supportive of me, thank God for that. I find it's a lot easier just not to tell certain people, as when I think about it, it doesn't really matter if they know or not!

I'm happy to help with anything you aren't understanding about SW - it gets really really really simple once it just clicks! Also, it might be worth having a talk with your Consultant (do you go to group?) or if you've already sat in on a new member talk and still don't get it, don't be afraid to go and sit in again the next time you have new members in the group. There will be lots of people joining throughout September as kids are back to school and what not, so there's always someone around to help :)

Have a lovely time exploring the site and like I said, I'll be happy to help with anything you want! We can arrange a time (if you have some time spare!) to meet up in the live chat room (look in the blue bars along the top, you'll find it :)) and have a talk about whatever you can't get your head around.

Oh, and if you're thinking 'I can't possibly be losing weight if I'm eating all this!', then slap that mentality out of yourself and get a grip! You can, and you will! :D

Ali xxx

11. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    sorry to here you arent getting any support form your friends, you'll find bags of support here :D

everyone is so friendly and will always try to help..

good luck! you'll get there! :)

12. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    Hey, welcome and good luck.

13. courtneysmummy

courtneysmummy Trying to lose weight

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Stacie,

:welcome: to MiniMins. I'm sorry to hear that your friends are not really supportive and put you down all the time. I would expect my friends to encourage me all the time. I would not let them put you down get on top of you though.

Everyone on MiniMins is really friendly and supportive and we all do different Diets too. I'm sure someone who is doing Slimming World will be able to motivate you and give you some tips and motivation. We will all give you motivation no matter which Diet it is though.

Good luck with your Diet! :)

P.S. I'm not really sure about how to put pictures up myself yet.

14. cutiepie13591

cutiepie13591 Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks everyone =] Having a bit of a tough time with the dieting though to be honest. Weigh in today and I maintained...and i don't understand how when i've been swimming every day and done between 50 and 60 lengths each time and i've stuck to it. I really really really am not getting on with slimming world. It's to the point where I feel like giving up! Fed up :( x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.