hey everyone! I m new

debsxdiet

Silver Member
well i'm not new to minimins lol.

Anyway my name is Debbie i'm 27 and have been doing slimming world diet since september. However since january i have messed about and am nearly back where i started.

I have an appointment at the obesity clinic and the people that i have spoken to who already go have been put on a low carb diet so i might as well get a head start. I have done atkins once before.... However i was 20 didnt read the book properly and didnt stick to it.

I have a good reason/motivation to loose weight i have had three miscarriages all in the second trimester and my consultant tells me i need to loose weight. so this is it i m gonna stop messing around and Read the book again properly i already see where i was going wrong the last time. Hopefully i ll get support here and that should help i plan to start next week once i eat all my pasta up lol

Love Debs x

sorry about the miscarriages, i had one myself i know how that feels, but welcome to the friendliest bit of this whole website lol, ask lots of questions and join in, they are a lovley bunch,

Welcome :)

hi debs , im so sorry for you hunnie:hug99:, hopefully this new weight loss plan will help you xxxx
welcome to the atkins boards , everyone is super helpfull , if somewhat disturbed :D(especially some of us :eek:)
any questions just post and someone will sort you out xxx

Hi Debs and welcome to the Atkins forum.

Hi Debs and welcome! You can be sure that you will get TONS of support and help here. Everyone is just great on this board!

So sorry about the miscarriages. My little lad tried to escape several times during pregnancy but with a lot of luck and hard work, we kept him in til 35 weeks and he's now a gorgeous healthy 13 month old. I'm trying to sort my weight out largely to try for a second child and am hoping pregnancy will be easier and safer this time round. The book is a great motivator if you find yourself some time and quiet to sit down and read it properly. Will your OH be low-carbing too?

Morning and welcome Deb.....
Its a fun place to shift our weight together, here. Your now not lone, hunni.....

Our weigh in is on friday, just post yours then even if you weigh in on another day. It keeps us all on track...

Have a cracking 1st week and keep posting, it really does help : o )

Woofy X

A welcome OINK! HOINK! Just for you.... x

Welcome and good luck - I onlsy started last week and its a very supportive board!

Hi Debs, welcome to the forum. Im pretty new on here (although not to minimins) and I must say its a great place for any type of support you need. Good luck and have fun!

Awww thanks everyone, I have a weak cervix thats reason for the misscarriages doc says i gotta loose weight, misscarried at 18, 20 and 21 weeks but i m not a dweller!

I m gona start atkins next Monday. I have choose to wait a week so i can read the book again, just to make sure i am understanding it properly lol.

Went shopping tonight and got pork fish etc etc and some spinich which i have never tried but seems to be low carb.

I dont know how i m gonna live without potatoes and pasta im sure there are loads of tips

Love debs x

Morning Debs.

I don't know if you've seen it but there is a sticky at the top of the atkins forum titled "So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins", there is a list of all the induction veggies you can have.

Awww thanks everyone, I have a weak cervix thats reason for the misscarriages doc says i gotta loose weight, misscarried at 18, 20 and 21 weeks but i m not a dweller!

I m gona start atkins next Monday. I have choose to wait a week so i can read the book again, just to make sure i am understanding it properly lol.

Went shopping tonight and got pork fish etc etc and some spinich which i have never tried but seems to be low carb.

I dont know how i m gonna live without potatoes and pasta im sure there are loads of tips

Love debs x

I didn't think I could live without potatoes, pasta and rice, but you soon learn to adapt. Try out some the great thing you see on the recipe thread and the what we are eating thread. This board has given me some great ideas. A lot of people are finding celeriac to be a good alternative to spuds, but I am not keen, so using swede and turnip instead. You can also mash cauli and make it into rice. You will be fine!

Also if you try to reduce your carbs before you start, you shouldn't get such a bad carb crash on the first few days.

Back