Hey everyone, i need some advice

Xylia

Hey everyone my name is Claire i am 22 years old, im 5'9 i live in england which my partner and my 11 week old son Chase. When i was pregnant i developed gestional diabetes lucky i was able to control it and after my pregnancy was over i was clear.

Although now i am at more of a risk to developing diabetes type 2 now after having it in the first place, And ofc there is also the risk that it will return with future pregnancies.

I was on a diet before i got pregnant i got down to 15 stone.. i went up to 20 stone obviously i was pregnant so i understood that.. after birth i continued eating healthy and staying away from sugar but i am putting weight on. i currently weigh 18 1/2 stone. The doctors keep telling me to lose weight which is making me feel like im not trying but i know i am.

Someone i met lost 11 stone on the lighter life diet, and she recomended it to me i am very tempted as i dont want to feel heavy, i want to like myself and not be repulsed i want to enjoy doing all the things my son wants to do ( i know he is young but losing weight is a slow process) to be able to run upstairs without getting out of breath, as with extra weight some exercise is quite painful.

So basically i was just wondering if you guys think i should go on this diet or not.. i just feel like im not getting anyway at the moment and when i get dishearted i know what i will reach for but i cant afford to give up now.

Thanks alot for any comments

Last edited:
Xylia
The feeling that you are trying and still not getting anywhere is a verydifficult one, and I know that feeling very well. First of all well done on the new baby and good luck- enjoy every moment.
I don't know about the lighter life diet, I personally have tried a lot of different things, adn right now I'm doing it my way with my sister for support and a marathon in November.
I believe it is not about the plan you follow, they just point out the steps you will take. Regardless of the type of diet,it all comes down to you- what type of eater are you(i need to eat often so i aim for 3 meals and 3 snacks and balance it all out)? what motivates you to keep going? what can stop you from jumping in the fridge at 9pm? (my worst time personally)what exercise can you make time for?

Keeping a food diet is very effective, not just to record what you're eating but because it means reflecting on your day becomes habit, and that keeps putting in your head what you are doing, it can keep you going.

I've put on alot of weight recently, and I'm so fed up, i feel like giving up and saying i don't care. But i do. I'm scared I'll get diabetes, or cancer. I'm scared I'll not fit into chairs. I'm scared about what people think of me. I'm scared of dying before my parents. Last summer I bought a bikini that was too small and I'm going to hang it on the wardrobe so i can see it every day(actually a tankini- i dont think I could ever wear something in public showing mu tummy!). I know I can lose weight, I just need to get my head to stop acting like a fat person.

If I was thin, I'd not ruin in by ordering and eating pizza for 4, or chomping down 3 bags of popcorn. If i was thin, I'd jump out of bed in the morning and go for a run. If I was thin, I'd moisturise in cocoa butter and bio oil to help stretch marks. When I think as a fat person I feel like I become lazy and greedy. Today I am goign to think like a thin person.

Anyway I know this is my own experience, but know other people feel the exact same as you. Whatever plan you go on, remember to use your mind to keep you going, be positive and practical, and take pleasure in the small goals. Surround yourself with people who can support you (this is harder than some people think). Remember every day is a brand new opportunity. good luck.

Hi and welcome. Why not go to an information session with LighterLife and then take the info to your doctor and see what he thinks.

Good luck with the pounds

Irene xx

Back