Hey

MrsA2b

Hi there,

I'm new to minimins so just thought I'd say hi. Bit about me: I'm 29. Used to be 'quite big' throughout teens and up until about 23/24 Dieted successfully and got down to target weight (9stn) basically through calorie counting, cutting out alcohol (wahhh) and exercise. Was thrilled with self :D. Manged to keep it off for about three years but over the past year it crept up :sigh:(stressful period) to about 11stn. Not terrible, but not ideal. Now want to get back down to 9st. Have been casually watching what I eat for past 6 months or so and got down to 10.2 which is great but not really the speed I'm hoping for (getting married next year). So here I am. Back on it! Determined! Who needs wine/chocolate etc?;)

Hello to all
MrsA2b

Welcome! I think a few of us struggle with maintaining weight loss. This is the first time I have ever lost weight in such a big way and I do fear it creeping up again. My first goal is 10 stone although ideally I want to get to 9 eventually and stay there. I think staying there is the hardest part! Minimins is great for support in that way though.

Best of luck on your journey - I am certain you will reach goal again soon xx

yes staying the same does seem quite impossible sometimes. Gaining weight I'm great at, losing it I'm not too bad (once I've put my mind to it) but maintaining...

You've done a fantastic job - totally been there and it does feel great (was a touch heavier than you when I started). Think the trick is to nip it in the bud if it starts creeping on - rather than going into denial and avoiding the scales completely as I seemed to do!

Thanks for saying hi!

MrsA2b said:
yes staying the same does seem quite impossible sometimes. Gaining weight I'm great at, losing it I'm not too bad (once I've put my mind to it) but maintaining...

You've done a fantastic job - totally been there and it does feel great (was a touch heavier than you when I started). Think the trick is to nip it in the bud if it starts creeping on - rather than going into denial and avoiding the scales completely as I seemed to do!

Thanks for saying hi!

I agree I went down to 9st2 low carbing after being just over 11 - then had my daughter and got stuck at 10 8 - I'm now 9 10 and fighting for every pound - I think if I can get down between 8 10 and 9 2 I'm determined to not let it creep up.

I'm doing myself a little bootcamp to crack this as weightloss so slow!!! No alcohol, lots of exercise!!!

We will do it

Welcome!!!

Welcome on board.. And well done on your weight loss so far.. I think most of all well done on knowing when to draw a halt to your weight gain :) I managed to get down to 8st 6lbs a few years ago then went back up to 12st 6lbs before I got my A**e into gear!!!!

You may want to take a look at my fitness pal..Alot of us doing cc are on there. It helps you to track your food /calorie intake and your exercise..

Hey,

Glad I'm not the only one to have let it sneak up. I think I had a couple of prompts to pull myself together, the wedding and also just finishing my job. As of Monday I've been unemployed and I just knew that if I didn't get motivated it would've piled on.

Whats your bootcamp plan? Am intrigued? Will take a look at MFP too - thanks for the tip.

Hi and welcome to ccing!! :)

Boot camp definitley sounds interesting, please elaborate!! :)

Back