heyy

Geordiehelen

Omg cant belive i found this forum its amazing ive downloaded the app for iphone!
Im 22 n sick of my weight yoyoing i always try n do slimming world n ive got bk on it today think this forum is really gonna help! I first started sw 4 yrs ago i was 10st 5 n im bk to that now according to my rubbish scales my goal is to be between 9st 6 - 9st10 i dnt need to lose loads of weight i jst need to be comfortable. A lot of ppl say im fine n im not the kind of person to go on about bein soo fat cos i no im not like i sed its about me feeling comfortable. I have not been this weight for 4 yrs n i no if i dont do something now its jsy gonna creep up n up!
If any1 has n e nice pasta, chicken or curry recipes post them my way x

Hey hun, welcome to the forum :) If you go into the Slimming World subforum on here there are loads of gorgeous recipes for things and recipes for the slow cooker too if you have one - I'm not doing SW but I love to go in there and get meal ideas as they're always delish :D

Sounds like you're being sensible about your loss, thats great. You've not got much to go - I've got 51lbs to lose - right fatty ballaty me :p

Hopefully chat with you soon ;) X

Welcome Geordiehelen to MiniMins and well done on finding us, we are the best kept secret on the INTERNET:p

Hi I make a chicken curry which has no fat at all in it. Providing you trim all the fat from a chicken breast it qualifies as fat free. I brought the curry to the last Slimming world meeting and everyone loved it. It’s my own recipe.

Here is the recipe and method.
serves 2

2 skinless raw chicken breasts with all the fat trimmed. Cut into cubes.
2 medium onions.
1 tbls tomato paste.
1-2 tbls of mixed curry spices.
2 tins of quality chopped tomatoes( napolina)
1/2 tin(from the tin of tomatoes)of water.
4 fresh green chillies chopped ( deseeding optional) or Chilli powder to your taste.
1 tsp of fresh crushed garlic.
2 fresh peppers sliced.
Fresh coriander for garnish.
Purée the onions in a blender and add the garlic.
Cut the chicken into cubes.
Place a large thick bottomed pan on a moderate heat and add the onions and garlic.
Dry fry until onions start to become translucent.
Add the curry spices and tomato paste constantly stirring for 1 minute to stop it sticking
Add the chicken and stir till sealed.
Add the chilli and stir for 1 minute to blend into the chicken.
Add the chopped tomato and the water and stir.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15 mins ,
When the curry has reduced add the peppers and season to taste cook for a further 5 mins and serve adding coriander to garnish.
Serve on a bed of freshly boiled rice.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Posted by Nigel g

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/172537-no-syns-fat-free-chicken-curry.html

my fav is from the ee cook book i amended it slightly but syn free and this is my take
- serves 4
2 chicken breasts
2 tins tomatoes
1lb spinach
onions
peppers
curry powder (i use about 4 tbsp - but only mild one lol)

get a big pot and put the tomatoes, powder in. then fry offi n frylight the onions and peppers and ptu them in, then fry off the chicken put that in the pot. bring to boil and simmer.

whilst simmering start cooking some rice, 5 mins before rice is done put the spinach into curry, stir a couple of times and serve its very easy and yumm

Posted by ronniejacobs

This is the Sauce i make for using for Lasagne, spag bol, meatballs and spaghetti or just as a pasta sauce.

Good-for-you bolognese sauce

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
2 courgettes, chopped
3oz Mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
400g chopped tomatoes ( or your pasata will be just as good)
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce or balsamic vinegar for a more italian taste
Basil fresh ( dried if not, or dried mixed herbs)
veg stock cube
300ml boiling water

Method
1) soften onion in frylight ( add some salt it stops them burning), then add carrots, courgettes, mushrooms and garlic and continue to soften.
2) add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, stock cube and water. season with s and p. ( dried herbs if not using fresh)
3) bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 mins with a lid on.
4) add the fresh basil if using
5) blitz in food processor or use hand blender.

use this sauce as you would a pre made jar. with mince beef or quorn and spaghetti meatballs or just on its own.

even if you dont like those veg, you cant taste them as indervidual tastes as they are all blitz.

I then just cook up the amount of mince or quorn that i need for that meal and use an appropriate amount of sauce. The sauce does freeze well.
When i buy mince i freeze it in portion sizes, so i just defrost what i need.
( i am vegie, so use quorn, hubby meat and SW, so i have his lean mince frozen, and my friend just has normal mince, but only has small appetite so hers are frozen in smaller amounts.
I then just brown the mince and add the sauce to each pan.

The quark on its own wouldnt work in place of bechemel, but with egg added has been used as a substitue( i personally hate it like that)
you could add the quark to the tomato sauce to make a more creamy tomato sauce.

Posted by *honey

If you have a look in the receipe forums you will find more receipes...

Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

SW Winter Warmer Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/73268-slow-cooker-recipes.html

Thanks for the recipes and thanks miss mango! Yeh u can make some really nice meals. Im jst going to follow the sw plan as i wrk shifts and was finding i would cheat the weeks i couldnt go to the meetings. I think im in the right place here for support without goin to the classes. x

Thanks for the recipes and thanks miss mango! Yeh u can make some really nice meals. Im jst going to follow the sw plan as i wrk shifts and was finding i would cheat the weeks i couldnt go to the meetings. I think im in the right place here for support without goin to the classes. x
Yep you definitely are in the right place! Keep motivated and you'll work wonders on that bit of weight you want rid of! :) X

welcome to the forum hun! lots of luck on your weight loss journey!

Welcome and good luck losing the weight.

Back