HHhmmmm homemade veggie burgers??

Tracie Green

Silver Member
I was nibling away at a veggie burger last night that costs 5 syns, and thought to myself, i could bloody make this for 0 syns and it would be niceer and healthier as its more fresh!! u could put in, mashed potatoe, sweetcorn, roasted peppers, peas, grated carrot.... hhhmmmm i think i mite give this a go u know!!! does anyone else do it?:rolleyes:

Ive not tried but im going to

Hi, I use my food processer and whizz up carrots, onion, peppers, mixed beans, seasoning and an egg yolk, and make them into "burgers" and fry in fry light. I love them. Best of all you can have them with chips and beans and they are FREE!!!!!!!!!

sainsburys meat free burgers are only half a syn each and are the best burgers ever.

well.... i made them and hhhmmmpphh they were not as good as i hoped, they were far too floppy, think i wizzed them in the blander for too long,HHmmpph never mind, i gave it a go x

If you use the online service there are quite a few burger recipes on there. I have a couple for spicy type veggie burgers and will post them if you are interested.

Try this Tracey, :)

Spicy Beanburgers

1 chopped carrot
100g potato peeled and chopped
1 red onion finely chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped
100g canned mixed beans
57g canned green lentils
1 egg
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground cinnamon
4tbsp fresh coriander
salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor, season well and blend until well combined.
Transfer to a bowl and chill for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
Divide bean mixture into 2 portions and shape each one into a burger.
Place on a tray, spray with frylight and bake at 180 deg/gas 4 until for 15 mins or until golden

I have made these and they are lovely.
This recipe says serves 1 and I would eat them both!!

Try this Tracey, :)

Spicy Beanburgers

1 chopped carrot
100g potato peeled and chopped
1 red onion finely chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped
100g canned mixed beans
57g canned green lentils
1 egg
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground cinnamon
4tbsp fresh coriander
salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor, season well and blend until well combined.
Transfer to a bowl and chill for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
Divide bean mixture into 2 portions and shape each one into a burger.
Place on a tray, spray with frylight and bake at 180 deg/gas 4 until for 15 mins or until golden

I have made these and they are lovely.
This recipe says serves 1 and I would eat them both!!

Can't wait to try these

Pete’s Vegetarian Burgers

Makes 12
2 Syn

Ingredients

500g/3 large carrots
1 onion
400g chickpeas or cannelloni beans
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp “very lazy” ginger
1 tsp “very lazy” chillies
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
Handful of basil leaves
1 egg
1 celery stick
2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
* Sweet corn if you like it
Method

In a food processor reduce the bread to breadcrumbs, remove and set aside.

Put the other ingredients into the processor in small amounts until all has been reduced to a slightly lumpy constituency, then tip into a large mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and mix,*add sweet corn if required, using your hands scoop up a small quantity and mould in your hands, then place on a flat tray covered in greaseproof paper, flatten with the palm of the hand, continue until the mix has been used up, usually makes about 12 depending on how big each one is.

Place in the freezer for at least 2 hrs or longer to firm up.

Cook in a pan sprayed in Fry Light for at least 5 mins on both sides or until cooked, depends on the size of each “burger” or cook on a barbeque.

VegBurgersSmall.jpg

Back