Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nicola welcome.

I've only been here a few days and its a wonderful forum.

I'm about most of the time if you need anything :)

just keep swimming just keep swimming :)

Hello all,

I just joined the site and I'm hoping that this time will be the final time I have to lose this weight. A few years ago I lost 5 stone on Weight Watchers and I loved my new body, but I didn't know how to maintain it and with sitting at a desk all day and meeting my lovely fiance I've gained it all back and then some! Currently at 11 stone 2 which is way too much for my 5'1 frame. I got engaged just before Christmas though and that is my incentive to lose weight. I've tried low carb and all sorts of diets and I'm now back to Weight Watchers (not going to meetings just tracking myself like I did last time). I'm getting married next year so aim to lose 2/2.5 stone by then. My problem is that I tend to get discouraged if I see no weight loss early on and I'm also scared to disappoint myself and everyone else by regaining like I did last time. But I'm fighting my demons and I am determined to be a fit bride! Wish you all luck in your journey, I'm sure we'll all be slim by the summer!

hi and welcome - I joined here on Jan 1 - a yo yo dieter so I know what you're going thro - I'm finding this site inspirational and everyone is friendly - I find it easier to say how I'm feeling etc anonymously - I'm finding reading other's experiences enlightening, funny and helpful - and I hope you find it beneficial too - good luck

Hi I've just joined I started Slimming World on 2 nd Jan have lost 9 lb so far am on a mission this year this fat has got to go

Hi
I started back on the 6th Jan things have sure changed since i last done slimming world 8 years ago lol
in my 1st week i had a 1lb gain which i was really upset about but today i had an 8lb loss i was soooo shocked lol

Hi my Name is Michelle, I'm 38 and have struggled with my weight since I had my daughter (whom is 17) not so much at first, but as the years have gone on, my weight has crept up, and it seems more difficult to shift.
Then I got pregnant with 3rd child, the weight just piled on, but I thought to myself, "it'll soon come off because I will walk everywhere with the pram" well that wasn't to be? I had a few accidents, and couldn't do anything, so I ended up gaining more, and it was making me depressed.
I had gotten so down that in 2009 that I paid to have a gastric band, it was uncomfortable and took a lot of getting used to but good and I lost around 4 and a half stone. Then 2 years on and I went to Manchester to get it adjusted, but then a few week later I was in agony, it appear they used an un-sterile needle, so my port got infected. I had septisema, and was really poorly, I had no choice but to have the band removed there and then, as it could of been fatal.
Since then my weight has gone up and down, but unfortunately it's up again at the moment. I started Slimming World just before Xmas, I love the fact you can eat quite a lot and still lose.
Any hints, tips, recipes etc would be so appreciated, thanks in advance. Michelle x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins app
Thanks Boo x

hello! im new today :)
16st 3lbs, wanting to get down to about 10st
ive been walking about 3 miles every day for a week, cut out snack, been eating more fruit and drinking more water and have been making meals more healthy but i've put on 1lbs?!
if anyone has any tips for me, that would be great :)
thankyou!
- megan x

ive been walking about 3 miles every day for a week, cut out snack, been eating more fruit and drinking more water and have been making meals more healthy but i've put on 1lbs?!
thankyou!
- megan x

I have the same problem but only if I skip meals. If I don't get up at around 8/9am and have breakfast, then have a proper lunch at 12/1ish then my dinner between 5 and 6, I find I gain too. Is this your first week dieting? In theory you usually lose the most in your first week as its water. After that it can be very yo yoey I find.

Right, so I should have my three meals a day. Guilty, i skip breakfast. From now on i will make sure i get my three meals. Thankyou smuffin! X

What they say is true..Breakfast is the most important meal of the day lol :) It starts your metabolism off so it's definitely one I wouldn't skip :D

Welcome and Good luck - I'm new here too and finding it inspirational and supportive - hope you do too!

thankyou!
- megan x

Hi and welcome - I'm new here too and love this site it's inspirational, supportive and friendly. Sorry to hear you've put on a 1lb - that must have been annoying!

I think you're doing the right things with exercise, no snacks, more fruit and water but are you making sure your meals are suitable for you to lose weight?

You can either follow a specific diet - lots of diet ideas on the web, magazines etc you could also get ideas from the food diaries posted here, recipes too and recommendations for things to buy from the shops.

If you eat less calories than your body uses you'll lose weight - most diets are between 1,000 - 1,500 depending on your weight/height but other diets like Slimming World and Weight Watchers do all the work for you and provide lists of foods and recipes for you to eat.

Hope your disappointment this week won't put you off - keep reading and posting here and you'll get loads of support and ideas to help you to get to your goal!

Hi kazza1 and welcome - I'm new here too and doing SW at home - I' m a yo yo dieter but don't really understand why I
can't stick to SW as it's so flexible! I find this site inspirational, fun and supportive - hope u do too!

Hi
I started back on the 6th Jan things have sure changed since i last done slimming world 8 years ago lol
in my 1st week i had a 1lb gain which i was really upset about but today i had an 8lb loss i was soooo shocked lol

Hi - so chuffed on ur 8lb loss - just goes to show if u stick at it u'll lose in the end. I'm following SW (again) and like the changes hope u do too.

Hi everyone! I'm excited so I just had to say hello :D
I started the slimming world extra easy last Monday and yesterday, after my first week turns out I managed to lose 6 pounds!

Im really happy, I mean it's such a good method cause I can still eat something I crave each day and some of the dishes you can make syn free are delicious! (However just made smash pizza, didn't take my fancy as much sadly :()

If anyone can recommend some quick, healthy dishes for us to try I'd be so grateful... My girlfriend trying to diet too but she has IBS and everything she tries seems to make her poorly. I'm afraid she's going to give up again after just a week so anything healthy and tasty I can feed her would be great haha!

Thanks - restarted diet again ok till tea time felt disappointed with myself so joined here already feel more positive and look forward to being a member you all seem so supportive

Hi - pls forgive me for replying to my own post - as a newbie - I wasn't sure how else to link my previous remark to the progress I've made up to today!!

Jan 1 was my first day of yet another restart SW diet (this time from home). Although I was desperate to lose weight somehow wasn't feeling fully committed - probably cos I'm a yo-yo dieter - I was feeling I'd been there & got the t-shirt (large of course!!)

But here I am 3 weeks later - feeling buoyed up having lost 8.5 lbs - I really do put this down to the fantastic support, guidance and honesty of the many posts I've read here!! Cos nothing else has changed! I've also had a nasty cold/cough but instead of resorting to comfort food - I've stuck to plan - amazing for me!!

I've even started a blog - well a record of my food plans really - I think it'd have been more appropriate to have joined the Food Diary thread but again a newbie's error! I might change that later on. Either way it's doing me good to go public with what I eat each day - even if no-one reads it!

I've also learnt a lot from other's posts and finding you all a friendly lot!! Good Luck to you all on your weight loss journey!

Hi everyone! I'm excited so I just had to say hello :D
I started the slimming world extra easy last Monday and yesterday, after my first week turns out I managed to lose 6 pounds!

Im really happy, I mean it's such a good method cause I can still eat something I crave each day and some of the dishes you can make syn free are delicious! (However just made smash pizza, didn't take my fancy as much sadly :()

If anyone can recommend some quick, healthy dishes for us to try I'd be so grateful... My girlfriend trying to diet too but she has IBS and everything she tries seems to make her poorly. I'm afraid she's going to give up again after just a week so anything healthy and tasty I can feed her would be great haha!

Hi and welcome - well done on that great loss! Where to start with the recipes?? If you're a SW member you'll have access to 100's of recipes online - but if not you can just google SW recipes and you'll get loads. You could buy the SW or Weight Watcher mags and have a look on this site for ideas too.

I've adapted all my usual recipes like pasta and rice dishes, curries, roast dinners, paella etc - substituting high syn stuff with low/no syn ingredients - SW chips and wedges are to die for! No-one has ever commented on the changes - and I'm sure my family would if they didn't like what I cook!

If your girlfriend is a SW member she could discuss her IBS needs with her consultant who will also have access to SW's nutritionist/dietician. But you could also try adapting whatever you usually cook for her to the SW way - again if you go to classes - lots of members will be happy to help.

Additionally, would your gf go to the practice nurse at your GP? Ours is very good and is very keen to get the nation's weight down! Good luck to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back