Hi all im new here

pringle11

Hi I'm new to this.I have going up and down ln weight since I was young. I am 26 years old male 6f and 20 stone. I'm sick of diets and realise it's a lifestyle change I need. Any advice on where to start. Thanks Kenny

Hi kenny, you should have a look into slimming world. I wouldn't class it as a diet cause you literally can eat anything!! I started it there and lost 7lb in my first week! Next weigh in tomorrow night so hopefully there'll be another couple of pound off!
I'm currently 15 1/2 stone and want to get down to around 11 at the min so I know I have a lot of work to do!
Good luck with your weight loss! :)

Thanks for the replys , i really dont have the time for a book , im in my last year of college and have loaaads to be studying but exercise and eating habits are what i want to focus on. How does slimming world work?

There's no calorie counting or anything involved. You can go online and find your nearest class. You get a welcome pack on your first night and everything you need is in it. Fruit and veg, pasta, rice etc is all classed as free food so you can eat as much as you like. Then you have a heathy option a & b. these foods have to be measured but you have to eat one of each a day. Then you have your syns which can be 5-15 a day. You really can eat what you like!

Im doing slimming world too and i love it!!! Good luck xx

I agree - slimming world is easy to follow especially when at university.

Silvermoonbeam said:
Slimming World as good as I have seen the results for other people does NOT work for everybody, especially anybody who is carb sensitive.

I have done every diet out there. They all work if you can stick to them. I am on all about w8 which I know is a brutal way to lose but as I'm addicted to "bad" carbs it's the only way for me. I started on 10th jan and have lost 18lbs. Delighted with loss. Miserable not eating :-( no win situation

I have done every diet out there. They all work if you can stick to them. I am on all about w8 which I know is a brutal way to lose but as I'm addicted to "bad" carbs it's the only way for me. I started on 10th jan and have lost 18lbs. Delighted with loss. Miserable not eating :-( no win situation

Hi Slinky and very well done on your weight loss, you must feel great!! :happy096:

Last year my 2 sisters and I did SW, we followed the diet really well and none of us lost more than 2lbs in a whole month.

My sister's neighbour lost 5 stones and is still losing, hence why I said it doesn't work for everybody.........

I am on day 4 of Atkins and feel really well, my pants are a little looser around the waist and my watch (!!!) is slipping around on my wrist, weird!!

Back