Hi all ~ new to the site and calorie counting

Well if Ive not lost Jenny you should just about hear me swearing in Merseyside......and Im in Cambridgeshire!! :8855:

Got sidetracked so now going to try. I keep finding other bits on here that I havent read and the next thing I know 15 mins have gone by! lol

Hi Littlemiss

I think this is the best way for me to do it cos as you say, as long as you know your calorie content you can eat whatever you want!
You sound like youve got your hands full with work and the kids but at least there are no classes you have to factor in to your time aswell!
Good luck with it

Yes, exactly. And no extra costs!

:)

I'll let you know if I lose but if Im not around tomoro Ive shut myself in the bedroom and am under the duvet with a jumbo bar of chocolate!!

Oooohhh...no you don't! :nono:

The important thing is that you are doing a positive, healthy lifestyle change *long-term*.

Whether you lose from WEEK to WEEK (*short-term*) is SECONDARY to that.

As long as you stick to the plan, whether you lose on a given week or not, you MUST reach your goal eventually.

Focus long-term! Some weeks you may not lose. Some weeks I may not lose. Some weeks your weight or my weight or everyone's weight may go up. Some days we might 'stuff up' and have a binge. It doesn't matter. Just get back up on the horse and keep going :greenapple: Yeah!

And I bet you have lost weight this week, anyway! :superwoman::clap: Just praise yourself and appreciate your wonderful self for taking this journey, whatever the scales say from week to week :party0011::rainbow: (and if you're feeling crappy, try cuddling someone you love or watching something funny like comedy, or, going for a walk rather than eating le chocolate).

Thanks so much for that post Super Groovy!

I really needed to hear that as Im kinda worried about weighing tomoro after last weeks debacle! :(

Hoping for a loss as it'll be 2 weeks tomoro and have had no bars of chocolate or crisps or takeaways and it'll spur me on.

But if I dont, as you say, this is a long term thing. And losing slowly must be better and easier to keep off.

Thanks to someone on here, Ive found a great calorie value resource in MFP. I had the app on my phone but hadnt looked on the main website. Great now I know theres so much information there at my finger tips! :D

I hope your having a good and thanks again for the message :thankyou:

Thanks Flump

Yes its definitely spurred me on, especially when I got on the treadmill, did a couple of extra minutes :)

Hope your having a good day

Back