Hi All, newbie combining SW with up day down day

P1ckle

Hi All,

I have been a SW member for a good few years, managed to get to goal but slipped into depression and gained nearly a stone recently. I saw the panarama program for this diet and decided to give it a go. To begin with I won't lie the down days were a nightmare, so hungry!

On a down day I stay below 500 cals but use mine wisely so that I have a least 2 meals per day, things like baked BNS with butter buds for tea, homemade soups, lots of low cals foods like celery, courgettes, mushrooms tin toms, salad items etc etc

On an up day I follow the SW extra easy plan and have 30 syns to spend on treats like a decent sized bar of choc, or cake or whatever takes my fancy

So far I have been really pleased with the results

I lost

Week 1 - 2.5lb
Week 2 - 3.5lb
Week 3 - 1.5lb
Week 4 - gained 1/2lb but was away on holiday
Week 5 -

I am finding it easier and easier to do a down day especially with my secret weapon, chicken Bovril, I dream about all the things I will eat on an up day, but when it comes around I don't feel like cheating so much

I will keep you posted

Pickle x

Hi Pickle,
Wow, you're doing really well. I'm kind of at the end of week one but I have not weighed myself. I feel like I'm doing good after a dd but I still feel guilty on an ud eating 'bad' food. You've had great losses, well done

P1ckle said:
Hi All,

I have been a SW member for a good few years, managed to get to goal but slipped into depression and gained nearly a stone recently. I saw the panarama program for this diet and decided to give it a go. To begin with I won't lie the down days were a nightmare, so hungry!

On a down day I stay below 500 cals but use mine wisely so that I have a least 2 meals per day, things like baked BNS with butter buds for tea, homemade soups, lots of low cals foods like celery, courgettes, mushrooms tin toms, salad items etc etc

On an up day I follow the SW extra easy plan and have 30 syns to spend on treats like a decent sized bar of choc, or cake or whatever takes my fancy

So far I have been really pleased with the results

I lost

Week 1 - 2.5lb
Week 2 - 3.5lb
Week 3 - 1.5lb
Week 4 - gained 1/2lb but was away on holiday
Week 5 -

I am finding it easier and easier to do a down day especially with my secret weapon, chicken Bovril, I dream about all the things I will eat on an up day, but when it comes around I don't feel like cheating so much

I will keep you posted

Pickle x

Hi

Well done on your weight loss .... They are great stats!

So enlighten me on the chicken bovril? I assume it's a hot drink? I have heard of it before but never tried it!

Xx

Hi

Well done on your weight loss .... They are great stats!

So enlighten me on the chicken bovril? I assume it's a hot drink? I have heard of it before but never tried it!

Xx

Thanks x although I am expecting the losses to slow down now

Chicken Bovril - Its not the easiest product to find, I presume you are in the UK. I searched shops in Northumberland on hol but could not locate it, then tried my local Tesco superstore in Kent and bought 3 jars of it - Its Bovril but instead of beef its chicken, tastes like a thin chicken soup - awful on toast but makes a really satisfying drink, equally I hate beef bovril as a drink but love love love it on toast

images

16 cals per mug

Hi and welcome, sounds like you are doing great, thats the great thing about Juddd you can combine it with other diets on your UP s such as Low Carbing etc, SW is ideal as its not low cal, so well done and look forward to seeing you around. I buy the beef bovril cups from poundland , a stack of cardboard cups with a measured amount of bovril in , you just add water, I think they are 10 cals a cup x

Back