Hi all!!

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Hi Everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been dong Lipotrim for six months and have lost over six stone. However, I want to try a more conventional approach to shift the remaining weight.
I have read a lot of Patrick Holford's GL books and I am hoping to follow this regime.
I hope you will pass on any tips/advice for GL dieting. Hope you are all doing well on your quest for a leaner, fitter self.
love, Moll

Hi there

Have just been reading about the gl diet and have ordered the book off the bay, so will hopefully be joining you in the not so distant future. How have you been getting on following this way of eating?

Hi Vanda, I did lipotrim for the last six months and now want to use GL for the remainder. I thik it is a healthy approach to food. I have been very strict about keeping potatoes, pasta, rice and wheat to a minimum. I have used quinoa or beans instead. Also, I have portion sizes about half what I used to eat. Weighing foods helps give you a better idea of portions as well.
Have you started yet?

I have joined weight watchers to get some structure in my life. My book has not yet arrived but am following ww points so I can get my portions under control and trying to do low gi eating at the same time - gradually improving the quality of the food I eat.

Hope everything is going well for you.

I am doing o.k at the minute. I am keeping a check on portions. I am also being very strict on minimising rice/bread/potatoes/pasta. I had a couple of meals out last week and a little too much g&t!!!!! So, had a 1lb gain as a result. But that is not too bad.
WW and GL is probably not a bad combination either. Keep up the good work.

Low GI

Hi all,
I don't know anything about lipotrim but it certainly seems to work. I've been doing Celebrity Slim which is also low GI. I am slimming AGAIN for a cruise I am going on in just over 3 weeks. I want to use Low GI as a longterm healthy way to eat. I really think its the way to control cravings etc.

Marilou, I definitely agree with you. I never feel peckish like I used to. I am getting used to smaller portions, eating slowly. I have a lot of occasions on at the minute so am prob eating a little too much but think I am keeping things under control.
I now love lentil curry, seed and nuts and all kinds of beans. All healthy and good for you. I will definitely try and keep to this regime for the future.

GL Books

Molly,
I am in the same position as you concerning going to social/work events. Also the weather in NI has been pretty awful so I haven't been walking as much. I like a glass of red wine or two and find that although it doesn't give me sugar cravings it slows my weight loss down. I am going on a cruise this day two weeks and am really concerned about putting all the weight back on. There will be a wide range of food available and plenty of exercise areas but can't see myself with my Celebrity Slim bars on board. This weight loss (and I know it is small compared to yours!!) has been too expensive and difficult to achieve so I don't want to pile it all back on. Are you using a paticular GL diet or just following your own. Low GI like Celebrity Slim is the only one that has ever worked for me and I have tried most. You have done amazingly well. Keep it up.

A cruise can be a minefield, all that fab food. Enjoy sensibly, keep portions very small and little or no potatos, pasta, bread or rice.
I follow the Holford GL diet now and find it good. I am overindulging a little at the minute but have planned for that and am not afraid of falling off the wagon completely!!

Back