Hi all.........

xwendywoox

Been noseying in here for a week or so now. I am already a member of minimins from previously trying the atkins diet. I had some sucess with it, I lost a stone but then started feeling sick all the time and having stomach cramps. My DH was never keen on me doing it anyway and convinced me to stop.:cry:

Anyhow, that was a month or so ago and I have put some weight back on. Not weighed myself but I bet I am not far off from where I started :break_diet:

I am going to re-join WW after Christmas. I am going back to my old meetings so the fisrt one will be 5th Jan. I am really looking forward to going back and finding out all about the new pp plan. I did WW a few years ago and got to goal and kept it off for a long time. I know it works if you stick to it and feel really focused.

Just thought I would pop in and get to know some of you before the new year! ;)

xwendywoox

Hello, it's a good choice as you can still eat all kinds of foods and still loose weight, good luck and I look forward to hearing from you :)

That's what I really like about it Belle. You don't feel restricted on it, I think it's just about control and portion size. Everything in moderation as they say! I am really looking forward to starting back. Would like to start now but going to my MIL's for Christmas and she is such a saboteur it is unreal! Lol! She is lovely though, don't get me wrong, but she force feeds you! :D

xwendywoox

Hello :D I originally did cambridge, then exante then atkins, and i have to say with WW i am losing near enough the same as i did on them, and i am eating such lovely food and enjoying it. So well done on making the decision to come back to the real world of eating x x

Hi K8te and thank you :) How did you find atkins? I found it terribly slow going. Although I enjoyed the food and at first felt great, I was getting terribly frustrated with the rate at which I was losing. Others were losing anything between 2 and 6lbs a week. I was lucky if I lost one after my initial loss of 4.5 the first week.

I know WW is the best way to lose, slow and steady every week and 'normal' foods. Towards the end of atkins I was feeling sickly all the time and having bad stomach cramps. Not good at all. I had great sucess last time with WW so looking forward to getting the ball rolling again.

Well done with your losses so far. You are doing great! :)

xwendywoox

I cant remember my losses on Atkins but i know i was happy with them so thinking around 3 or 4 lb a week. I did really enjoy it and i felt fine on it. But as with most diets i got bored of eating the same stuff, eggs and bacon etc...so was only on it for a short time.

I never done WW before played around with SW, but i so wish i had done it earlier, i find it really easy to follow and i can eat or drink what i like. I love being able to still go out for meals and have a cheeky kebab at the weekends. Good luck x x

Hiya and welcome to the ww way. As everyone else has said ww does seem to be the most liveable long term plan. I've done it a few times and this is the first time I've maintained for so long, and I can see myself doing it full term into the future. The freedom of fitting it into family life and social life is brilliant. It takes a while to get used to the propoints plan but after a few weeks you get a real feel for it. Good luck starting in the new year and be sure and post a diary so we can help you if you need it. Good luck again xxxx Laura

xwendywoox said:
That's what I really like about it Belle. You don't feel restricted on it, I think it's just about control and portion size. Everything in moderation as they say! I am really looking forward to starting back. Would like to start now but going to my MIL's for Christmas and she is such a saboteur it is unreal! Lol! She is lovely though, don't get me wrong, but she force feeds you! :D

xwendywoox

My mum is a feeder! But I've learnt to say no with her now as I'm living back home or I would be huge ha ha

Back