Hi all!

Hi,
How are you all doing? I have seen some great stories and inspiration while lurking round here so I thought I best start posting.

I'm Emz and I'm a newbie (registered years ago but completely forgot...just like the diet)

I have ME, IBS and Ehlers Danlos (type 3- hypermobility type) All of which have conspired to mean I can't manage to go out without a power wheelchair at the moment. I know if I loose weight life will be easier for me, whether I would continue to use the chair or not, and I know that lots of exercise is out of the question with my disabilities (aquafit has been the exception in the past during good spells, but is far off just now).

Sooo I guess that brings me to diet. Food is unfortunately one of my passions in life, and spending so much time housebound or to sore/tired/ill to cook, and living in Scotland (where if something's not moving and isn't nailed down, someone's tried to deep fry it), and eating out of boredom or stress too I have had more than my fair share of takeaways. I still eat healthier than a lot of people I know, and love my veg and salad with a passion but being so sedentary my (many) indulgences show more.

I have have always been overweight since I came down with ME aged 8. Even when I went on a crash diet after being 18st for my 18th birthday and vowing I wouldn't spend my 21st like that -I didn't, I pretty much starved myself til I made it to around 12st, gave myself gallstones,then maintained for a couple years til my mobility went down hill and I got comfy in a relationship with someone who managed a Pizza hut...boy did I discover my appetite! And I ate, and ate...like the very hungry caterpillar, but without the butterfly ending. Infact as of march I hit the 272lbs (19st 6lbs) mark and I have finally reached the end of my tether...

Been on Kee Diet (Rapid Burn) since Tuesday, and last night my willpower nearly broke as I fantasized about fooood, anything I could get my hands on. Then I gritted my teeth, made a legal cuppa tea, and stepped on the scale, and even though it was then end of the day I weighed in at 266lbs and I got a positive keto strip! 6lbs down...and suddenly I wasn't so hungry....this time. Now I realise there's plenty of support here, and people needing the support also, I'm moving in!

Hi Emz

Well, you certainly sound like you have a lot to contend with but I'm sure you'll do great. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the plan your on as I'm doing Slimming World but I wish you luck on your weight loss journey

The people on here are really friendly & helpful so I'm sure you'll get lots of support. :)

X.

Thanks, I hope you're having a good weekend. It feels I'm starting to get more energy, my mood has improved and I'm starting to develop little habits that are helpful to sticking to my plan. Things like if I'm behind on my water for the day I choose a meal bar as part of my allowance (they very dry) cut it up and snack on it while I sip my way through a pint of water. Also having bits of bar to snack on I don't feel deprived because its like having little sweets and unlike any sweets or chocolate I ate before I don't wolf it (or several) down. I think that's something I can take on board when I return to regular food.

There's only 2 really hard parts so far, firstly being disabled it limits what activities I do socially and most of them revolved around food, and as the sun has come out in Scotland today everyone's having or going to a BBQ. If it gets too bad I guess I can always swap a meal replacement for some canned tuna- slightly more cals but far less carbs.

Last edited:
Back