Hi and So glad I found you

prettywoman50

This site looks just what I need at this moment in time. I rejoined Slimming World yesterday and really want to take this very seriously.Having lost 5 st with them before and going from a size 24 to a size 14, I have put on 23lbs in the last two years and am now between a size 16 - 18. I am very unhappy about this and although I have rejoined on several occasions I have had so much going on in my life that I just couldn't get into it. Last week my son sent me a message saying - Mum, don't let the things that are going on in your life that you can't control make you loose control of your weight. So I rejoined yesterday and weighed in at 14st 12.5lbs. I want to be or should I say I am going to be! - 12st 13lbs as soon as possible and then I will review the situation but I definitely want my Target for 22nd April. I have a lovely husband, 3 children, 2 gorgeous granddaughters aged 2years old and four months old and 2 dogs. I am off to Tesco now to get the food in - no excuses. From scanning through the postings I see you are all very supportive of each other and I really need your support.
I will do my best to support you all too. I really want one of those ticker tracker thingies too!I will have to remember the importance of weighing/measuring my healthy extras and counting my syns. Am going to do the Extra Easy. Before I did 5 green and 2 red days. Have a great day everyone.

Hiya

Welcome to Minimins :)

You seem very very focussed which is brilliant and well done on deciding to trim down.

Good luck in your journey

Mike

All the best with your journey.
Did you save the message from your son? What great motivation when things get tough.
Keep focused and you'll be getting to your target in no time. (hope your dogs are ready for you when they get route marched everywhere lol)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will have difficulty moving around the site but I will try very hard.
Thank you Irene I will try and get to the SW part.

Hi, tried to post this earlier but didnt seem to work, so gonna try again.
I stepped upon this site by accident, and I have to say it has been wonderful, just what I need at this time, I have been posting a bit the last 2 days.
I joined SW bout 3 weeks ago, I had reached the pinacle of the cycle of insanity, guilt and the total hatred for Skinny Minis! I have struggled a bit since I started but that has been more about not really understanding the whole thing. I had my birthday celebrations 2 wkends ago, what can you do when your friends and family organise lots of nights out for you? (they are all skin and bones so they dont really get it)! I gained half pound that week (suppose it could have been worse)! and at the time I was feeling particularly flat and demoralised, especially when all my class had losses, not a good environment to feel good about yourself. When I left the class I was going into my comfortable mode of, "Im such a failure" blah, blah, blah, and then without even being aware of it I went into my determined (or maybe desperate) mode, after logging into this site of course. I thought I cant have another week where I actually felt jealous of my fellow group members weight loss (Oh god im such a terrible person)!! So this week Ive had a renewed sense of confidence and am truly focussed, for me, not for anyone else, I love this site and it has helped me more than anyone knows, its my little lifeline (though Im getting a bit addicted to it) ah well, better this than food! My first little goal is to lose 7.5 pounds and then 1-1.5 stones by Xmas, so heres hoping

Back