Hi another newbie:)

astraea

Hi it I my first morning on Atkins! I am really hopeful about this diet! I have lost about a stone and a half on weight watchers, but I have not lost anything for about a month, so I bought the book and I'm gonna really give it a good go!!

I have a couple of questions if someone could help!! So far today I have had

2 boiled eggs for breakfast
A chicken breast, a half cup of lettuce and a cup of cucumber and three boiled eggs for dinner
And a pepparami as a snack
Also several cups of water

I am planning to have 2 pork chops with cheese on, a couple of grilled large flat mushrooms and some broccoli for my tea

Is this sounding ok?

My second question is about eggs lol, is There a limit on eggs? I could probably eat a dozen hard boiled eggs a day to snack on lol, is this really wrong? I can just see eggs as gettin me through the start of the induction phase?!

Thanks Vikki x

Sorry just thought of another question!!

On every diet I have tried and failed and most days really, my appetite is ridiculous! O could just graze all day long ! Do people s appetites reduce at all on this diet? Or will I forever be starving lol

Thanks vikki x

Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you'll do great with it! I have days where I could eat everything, and days where I have to literally force myself to eat. The good thing about it is, you can always have something legal to snack on if you feel like you need it.

I'd get sick of eating all those eggs but I'm sure its fine! Someone else will be able to let you know if theres a limit on eggs because I'm not really sure - I never eat that many to worry about it! lol!

Yes, watch the eggs or you'll get sick of them before too long!

In the first week I ate loads - I decided I wanted to get used to the new principles of eating and didn't want it to be too hard. Week 2, my appetitie had definitely gone down without me even forcing the matter. Just go with what feels good for you, but obviously try to avoid any binging.

I think you need to have as much variety as you can. I went a bit mad at first on bacon, eggs and cheese and very quickly couldn't stand the thought of any of them! Now I try and mix things up as much as possible.

well for my tea i have just had
2 pork chops, 3 flat mushrooms and nearly a mug of green beans - i skipped the cheese!

is this ok?

what can i snack on during induction then? and are there sauces i can put on meat to cheer it up a bit!!

I am struggling because i am used to eating fruit to snack on and now i cant, and i am struggling to find a replacement lol xx

Hello Astraea! (you're from 'Ull! I just moved back to London after living in Hull for 5 years, I miss it.)

In terms of appetite supression, I think Atkins is excellent. Protein digests much slower than carbohydrates and results in feeling fuller for longer. Me, I used to eat and graze all day, really. When I wasn't eating I was thinking what to eat later on. Now that I feel satisfied all the time, I rarely even think about dinner. That's how effective it is.

Make up some sugar free jelly and some cream, maybe throw a few strawberries in if you fancy something sweet.

Good luck :-D

Kieran

x

Hi Astraea and welcome

Nice to see another Hull person on here!

I've just started my second attempt on atkins and last time I found I wasn't that hungry.

I snack on boiled eggs, cream cheese wrapped in slices of ham, cooked meat, I also make crustless quiches, meatloaf and cheeseburger pie so I've always got something handy in the fridge to graze on

Hi
Yup im from sunny 'ull!! thanks ill definately give some of those a go!! i feel like i have been a right pig today lol!

Is there anything i can have that i can carry in my bag? i usually have some mints or something in case i get a sweet attack, is there anything carb free???

I will try the jelly and cream - i am a little confused about the cream - is it unlimited or not? is it songle/double/whipping or does it not matter?

Im sure i will get the hang of it, i think it will just take some time!

welcome xx

Hi and welcome:)
The best t thing about atkins is that it gets rid of that feeling of always being hungry. I eat what i want but i never have the starving feeling any more - it's such a relief!

For your bag - i would recommend pepperami and pork crackling. I like the mini pepperamis as just right size for a snack. The pork crackling is good if you want something to chew. For the first month or two i really paniced if i went out the house without something legal. Now, although i think and plan ahead, i also willl never have the "I must eat now" feeling so i'm safe

Good luck and enjoy:D

Ah yes,

I always have a peperami in my bag and a couple of babybells (cheese doesn't stall me fortunately)

I get sugar free sweets from boots or holland and barrett if I have sweet cravings most of them are quite low carb but check the label as some are better than others - just need to go easy on them cos they tend to have an unfortunate effect if you have too many :eek:

Personally I eat lots of eggs, but that's because I keep chickens so they keep supplying me with a constant supply of free diet food! :D

Re the SF jelly and double cream - very yummy and I have it every day, but just watch how much double cream you pour on, as although its low carb it is also very calorific - about 135 calories for 2 tablespoons. It may stall you if you overdo it.

Hi Vikki and welcome to our forum

Back