Hi can someone give me some advice please?

shezam

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I'm going to my first SW class tonight, i'm eager to get started but a bit scared aswell.

I'm a bit confused about the EE/Red & Green days, after reading some reviews I am wondering if they still do Red/Green days or if its just EE now?

I think i'd like to give the red & green a go first, but will see what my consultant says tonight.

Will report back later, thanks in the meantime for the replies
Suzi x

Hi, there are now three plans, Extra Easy, Original (Red) and Green. Your consultant will probably push EE and ask you to try this, but your books will give you all the info you need for red and green, too. I personally find I lose better following red days, with maybe EE thrown in at the weekends, but I also know people (my sister, for example) who have good losses on EE.
Good luck :)

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'll have a look at the plans tonight but I quite fancy the red/green also, this seems to me like the one that would suit me.

Will the consultant be upset if I don't stick to EE? Or do you think I should try it first?

I know I should just go and see what happens but i'm a bit scared! lol.
Sx

Hiya

I only do green days cos I am a veggie but think I would anyway. I like the fact that I can have so much pasta etc and not feel hungry!

EE seems to be pushed atm but you can still do red and green too.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'll have a look at the plans tonight but I quite fancy the red/green also, this seems to me like the one that would suit me.

Will the consultant be upset if I don't stick to EE? Or do you think I should try it first?

I know I should just go and see what happens but i'm a bit scared! lol.
Sx

Of course your consultant won't be upset if you decide not to do EE. You're paying money so you can chose to do whichever plan suits you best. Although he/she probably will try and encourage you to do EE as it's the current plan.

The only thing I'd say though, is please go with an open mind. If you go to group thinking "I'm only going to do red/green", you might not get the full flavour as to what EE entails - and honestly, it can get you some really good losses! I'd try to wipe your mind clear of anything you think you already know or have learnt from this site/elsewhere, and simply listen to the welcome talk and what your consultant has to say to you. He/She will explain everything you need to know about all plans.

Good luck xx

I don't think upset is the right word. I think they tend to push EE as its the least like a diet (red days you limit carbs and green days limit meat/protein) but as far as my C goes which ever plan you choose is fine. She likes to use red/green herself though to try to boost losses if hers slow so she tends to suggest that or success express when people's weight slows.
Good luck with it I'm sure you'll find, as we all have, that there are loads of things you can eat and that this isn't about dieting as such but a lifestyle change that lasts.

Thank you!!

Wise words from everyone and I will defo go into the class tonight with an open mind.

Thanks again.
Sx

Hi I am just starting this diet also as my mum has lost alot of weight on it and I know many other people who have sucessfully lost a few stone on ee plan. I've only got to lose around 7lb and if I went to class I feel people would hate me as im quite thin, just have extra weight to shift after having 2 babies and xmas.

I like the thought of eating healthy and limiting treats ( which is a big downfall for me )
In terms of the 1/3 free food I will find this nearly impossible, is it an essential part of the diet. I can use a certain amount of veg in cooking and use tinned toms etc, but as salad all i'd have is lettuce/spring onion and peppers ( and won't have that with every meal ). Is this a problem?
Also does HEX have to be wholemeal? I can do the wholemeal bread and baps etc but the pasta I like normal pasta, and with cereals I only like rice crispies are these a total no?

Many thanks - and well done everyone on your weight loss, keep it up !

Hi I am just starting this diet also as my mum has lost alot of weight on it and I know many other people who have sucessfully lost a few stone on ee plan. I've only got to lose around 7lb and if I went to class I feel people would hate me as im quite thin, just have extra weight to shift after having 2 babies and xmas.

I like the thought of eating healthy and limiting treats ( which is a big downfall for me )
In terms of the 1/3 free food I will find this nearly impossible, is it an essential part of the diet. I can use a certain amount of veg in cooking and use tinned toms etc, but as salad all i'd have is lettuce/spring onion and peppers ( and won't have that with every meal ). Is this a problem?
Also does HEX have to be wholemeal? I can do the wholemeal bread and baps etc but the pasta I like normal pasta, and with cereals I only like rice crispies are these a total no?

Many thanks - and well done everyone on your weight loss, keep it up !

We have a couple of ladies in our group with only 7-10lbs to lose, we also have people who are at target and have maintained for 2 years so they are also skinny and have stayed within 6lbs for that 2 years so don't think anyone would hate you. SW says that as long as you can lose 7lbs and still be in a healthy BMI you can join.

I'm rubbish at getting in my 1/3 superfree too and to be honest, so far it has not affected my weight loss (don't be fooled by my ticker, when I was on plan I lost 1 stone in 2 months) but it's worth bearing in mind that it is 'tweaking' the plan and so if you stop/struggle losing then this could be why.

As far as salad - I hate the stuff (it's why I love this diet) so I try to have fruit as snacks and pile as much veg on my plate as poss although, as I said, most days I fail miserably at the superfree.

The superfree is there because although there are free foods there is still, sort of, a theory of moderation. SW says that as long as you have 1/3 superfree you can eat as much food as you want as long as you only eat until you're full and not stuffed (if that makes sense) so the superfree is designed to help you get fuller quicker.

For the HEB the bread etc has to be wholemeal but if you are doing EE then you can eat white pasta as a free food.

I recommend going to group to get to grips with the plan because it can be a lot to get your head round.

Hopefully I've helped and not hindered :) :confused:

hi i do extra easy i have not tried the other two the weight has been falling off but i do follow the plan and im never hungry i like food much to go with out

Can someone tell me if i stick to green or red do i still need a third superfree?

I like snacking on bowls of rice or pasta on their own rather than fruit as it does my gut no good!

You really have helped me ! Thanks alot. My BMI is 21.2 which is healthy i guess. I have a few classes around me but if I can do it at home I will, i've bought the books online (ebay) so have the info but just didn't like the sound of some of it.
So as long as I keep my portions down and try to snack on fruit I should be ok.
My fav veg is carrot/ peas/ sweetcorn, am i right in saying the last two have to be syned if doing ee or red?

You really have helped me ! Thanks alot. My BMI is 21.2 which is healthy i guess. I have a few classes around me but if I can do it at home I will, i've bought the books online (ebay) so have the info but just didn't like the sound of some of it.
So as long as I keep my portions down and try to snack on fruit I should be ok.
My fav veg is carrot/ peas/ sweetcorn, am i right in saying the last two have to be syned if doing ee or red?

They don't have to be synned on EE but they do on red.

As far as keeping the portions down, don't deprive yourself - eat till you are comfortable. I used to eat huge portions and liked nothing better than being stuffed after a meal so, yes, I had to cut back portions but the best thing to do is eat and enjoy everything on the plan and I very quickly relearned when I was full not stuffed.

The most important thing with slimming world is it is a lifestyle change and not a diet so if you eat and are leaving yourself hungry then you won't maintain it. I have a disgustingly unhealthy relationship with food but, despite being with slimming world on and off for years, I am only just learning this and trying conciously to address it.

Good luck with it and if you ever need advice or assistance this forum is amazing for it!

The most important thing with slimming world is it is a lifestyle change and not a diet so if you eat and are leaving yourself hungry then you won't maintain it.

This says it all. it's all about changing your lifestyle to that of a healthy one and not being hungry. No point in trying to look good when all you're feeling is miserable...because that's what feeling hungry does to me. I don't know about anyone else but I'm the world's worst if I'm hungry!!!

I do the Extra Easy Plan and I've never felt hungry yet. If I did, I'd still be eating rubbish and working my way to morbid obesity, poor health and low self esteem.

Glad to say it's all improving!

Back