Hi Everybody

FatCyclist

I have just registered with this community and hope to find some friends. I have been fat for ever and have reached the point where it stops me living. I am a bit of a paradox in that I love exercise - hardly ever use the car - and grow most of our food. But heck - all those calories I burn must be more than replaced with my home cooking. Now I am finding it painful to cycle - and cycling is my thing. It was hard enough to find a bike that didn't buckle - but now it's my hips that are buckling. Yep it's time to do this!

Because I can eat obese quantities of apples and lettuce I am on a VCLD diet - 3 shakes a day. I am reducing my exercise to rest my joints - and I'm going to try to reward myself with things like massages.

The problem for me - as with the previous 1000 diets - will be the little voice that starts to say ' what's the point? you already wasted years. you will be more wrinkly if you're slim. who cares anyway. a good dinner today is worth more than being slim a year from now' and so on and so on ... I guess it's at those moments that it would be really good to chat to a fellow fat fighter and discuss how you get through those minutes and hours when you have to eat.

It's day 1 of a journey that I have failed to complete so many times so here's to doing it!

Best wishes,

FatCyclist

Back