Hi everyone I just made the switch - atkins to weight watchers! im excited!

Gabrielle27

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to shift 30lbs since the beginning of the year - i have gone from 166 - 153 and i want so much to be 133lb!

This will be the 4th time I will have lost and gained the same 30lbs in the past 3 years and I have had enough!!

I have been on and off atkins but cannot cope with the fat levels anymore - i am craving fresh fruit & veg so I finally made the decision to try ww instead (I did it successfully a year ago although did it half heartedly and slowly!)

I am so glad to have found this forum the support seems amazing and is just what I need to keep on track once and for all!!

I am going to try my best to lose 2lbs a week - is this realistic if i stay 100% on track and stick to my point allowence and exercise? I go on holiday 3rd June so I have a huge motivation!!

Any encouragement or advice for meeting my goal is greatly appreciated - and I hope everyone elses ww journey is going smoothly for them!!

Gabby
xoxo

hello and welcome. 2lbs a week is realistic but everyone looses at different rates so see how you go-any loss is a bonus!!
everyone on here is really freindly and helpfull so just shout if you need anything
are you going to class or doing it alone?

Hello and welcome to WW - and to normal, real food!!

I know what you mean on craving fresh fruit and veg - its amazing how that's what we want when we can't have it, but when we can - we want something else (like the high fat stuff!) I think its called contrary....;)

WW reckon on 1-2lbs a week steady loss - so 2lbs average is ambitious and do-able if you are very strict with yourself. xx

hello and welcome. 2lbs a week is realistic but everyone looses at different rates so see how you go-any loss is a bonus!!
everyone on here is really freindly and helpfull so just shout if you need anything
are you going to class or doing it alone?

I am so skint at the moment i am going to see how i get on alone.. i have all the booklets from the last time i went to meetings, and know the point system, so im hoping that combined with 3 gym sessions a week, a few work out DVDs and some support on here is all i will need!!

i will be happy with any reduction of muffin top in my bikini!! i just have 10 weeks to get the best results possible with maximum effort!!

thanks for the reply :)

Hello and welcome to WW - and to normal, real food!!

I know what you mean on craving fresh fruit and veg - its amazing how that's what we want when we can't have it, but when we can - we want something else (like the high fat stuff!) I think its called contrary....;)

WW reckon on 1-2lbs a week steady loss - so 2lbs average is ambitious and do-able if you are very strict with yourself. xx

wow everyone here is so friendly its so great to have found this board!!
i will take 1lb a week!! im gonna do my best but i figure aim for 2 and see what happens!!

its so long since i counted points but its certainly better than counting carbs and eating fat! soon as i stopped atkins on sunday i gained 5lb over night - i had a blow out day - chinese, chocolate, wedges, biscuits, chocolate i was terrible!! i think 3 months of not being "allowed" that stuff made me binge badly

so im hoping if i stick to my points (i am allowed 18) and work hard in the gym at least if i know nothing is off limits it may prevent me going so over the top!! everything in moderation right!!

thanks so much for the reply :) x

Back