Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hi everyone I just made the switch - atkins to weight watchers! im excited!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Gabrielle27, 25 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Gabrielle27

Gabrielle27 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hello everyone,

I have been trying to shift 30lbs since the beginning of the year - i have gone from 166 - 153 and i want so much to be 133lb!

This will be the 4th time I will have lost and gained the same 30lbs in the past 3 years and I have had enough!!

I have been on and off atkins but cannot cope with the fat levels anymore - i am craving fresh fruit & veg so I finally made the decision to try ww instead (I did it successfully a year ago although did it half heartedly and slowly!)

I am so glad to have found this forum the support seems amazing and is just what I need to keep on track once and for all!!

I am going to try my best to lose 2lbs a week - is this realistic if i stay 100% on track and stick to my point allowence and exercise? I go on holiday 3rd June so I have a huge motivation!!

Any encouragement or advice for meeting my goal is greatly appreciated - and I hope everyone elses ww journey is going smoothly for them!!

Gabby
    xoxo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    hello and welcome. 2lbs a week is realistic but everyone looses at different rates so see how you go-any loss is a bonus!!
    everyone on here is really freindly and helpfull so just shout if you need anything
    are you going to class or doing it alone?

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Hello and welcome to WW - and to normal, real food!!

I know what you mean on craving fresh fruit and veg - its amazing how that's what we want when we can't have it, but when we can - we want something else (like the high fat stuff!) I think its called contrary....;)

WW reckon on 1-2lbs a week steady loss - so 2lbs average is ambitious and do-able if you are very strict with yourself. xx

6. Gabrielle27

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I am so skint at the moment i am going to see how i get on alone.. i have all the booklets from the last time i went to meetings, and know the point system, so im hoping that combined with 3 gym sessions a week, a few work out DVDs and some support on here is all i will need!!

i will be happy with any reduction of muffin top in my bikini!! i just have 10 weeks to get the best results possible with maximum effort!!

thanks for the reply :)

7. Gabrielle27

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    WW

wow everyone here is so friendly its so great to have found this board!!
    i will take 1lb a week!! im gonna do my best but i figure aim for 2 and see what happens!!

its so long since i counted points but its certainly better than counting carbs and eating fat! soon as i stopped atkins on sunday i gained 5lb over night - i had a blow out day - chinese, chocolate, wedges, biscuits, chocolate i was terrible!! i think 3 months of not being "allowed" that stuff made me binge badly

so im hoping if i stick to my points (i am allowed 18) and work hard in the gym at least if i know nothing is off limits it may prevent me going so over the top!! everything in moderation right!!

thanks so much for the reply :) x

8. nuneczka

nuneczka Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Good luck on your ww journey:)

9. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck in getting rid of those pesky pounds x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.