Hi everyone Im new

Hi :),

Im new to this forum and to CD, Im on day 6, and so far so good.:)

I have 7 1/2 stone to lose,eek, but Im sure Il do it, especially with your help and support.

I have one question for you, Im not use to drinking lots of water, infact before I started this CD I would drink about a pint a day if that, so for me, drinking at 8 pints is really hard work. I can ust about manage 5-6 pints.

Is this enough water?

Thanks

Bigmama2littlemama xx

welcome!!!

5 pints is about 2 litres. ideally u wanna up it to 8-10 pints. the more u drink the more u shrink!

even if u can manage to work urself up to 3 litres over the week, taking a little more each day that would be great. i started at 3 but can easily do upto 5 now. i take a litre bottle to bed with me for the morning and drink it before i get up then have another 3 to 4 during the day. the last litre is always guzzled about an hour before bed.

I aim for 4 l a day and that is a struggle but find little and often better than trying to drink a whole l at a time. Have a look at the Wemitt threads as they are expecially for those of us (me included) who have quite a lot to lose.
Irene xx

I too used to struggle with water, I found it boring.
Since starting the diet I have two 1 litre bottles so one is chilling in the fridge while I drink the other one.

I cannot guzzle it down in one go so just take it as I feel.....though now I love the water and I can drink anywhere from 3-5 litres a day not including water mixed with the packs or tea.

You will soon get used to it, the benefits are great, it helps burn fat, flushes out toxins and the change in your skin will be great.

Hi I'm just about finished week 1 too. Weigh in tomorrow!!:eek:

Good luck with your diet. We're all right there with you.

Tiara x

Hi Bigmama,

Good luck with the diet. I was like yourself and did not drink much water before the diet, but i am on day 8 today and steadily increased the water daily i am now drinking 4l - 8 pints.

Keep thinking it is a lovely vodka and lemonade ha ha.

Keep up the good work.

skinnycow, if i had an imagination that good i would be downing about 20 litrea a day :eek:

u do get to enjoy the water in the end, honest. i actually find i am thirsty quite often now. i dont know how thats possible on 4-5 litres but it does happen. it'll get easier and easier. within a month u will be soooo used to it it'll be second nature. you'll also have amazing skin and look so glowy and healthy.

xxxxx

Hello :)

You seem to have a similar weight to me to lose. I am 18 stone(shocking) and want to get to 9st7lb but will allow for a stone above then! Might feel happy at 10 7lb though :)
I just want to get to the perfect size 12, a 10 would be pushing it as I have a mega twin skin(saggy belly to you and me :D). I am a 22 now so thats 5 whole sizes!!! Ouch!!!

What about you? Whats your goal set at?

Also, I make sure I drink 4 litres of water a day. I fill a 2 litre jug up twice, so I know I have done the full amount.

Good luck :)

hey Good Luck ! I find the water flavourings help a lot. I also do 6 pints plain water and 2 pints near the end of the day just when I think I can drink no more of sparkling water with flavourings.

heya big pudding :D

i have set my goal at 8 stones 3lbs as i am only 5 foot tall! at the moment i am 5 foot wide as well :( my goal is to get to a size 8-10 which is realistic for my height. at my smallest i was a size 12. i may bring my target weight up if i end up with loose belly skin (which is highly likely!) cos i would quite like a tummy tuck to rid myself of my evil apendix scar and stretch marks. i mean, the loose skin will probably weigh a fair bit?

i have a 5litre sized bottle of spring water and fill it up every night using my brita filter. makes the water taste soooo much better. then i just top up my pint glass during the day so it doesnt look like so much to drink. i often take a litre bottle to bed so when i wake up, i drink that before i get out of bed. then usually sprint out to use the loo lol

struggled to drink 3 litres when i started but am a pro now! mel is right, i sometimes have a litre of sparkling water with a bit of the berry flavour for a change but i dont do that often as i set it as a rare treat.

good luck mate. we can push eachother along big pud! we can do this!!

Hey Karen!
I have bought some water flavours but the orange one to make ice lollies with but cant find my ice lolly molds :(

How are you coping? I only find it hard for about 5 mins around each mel time and I find it really hard to throw food in the bin off the kids plates! I used to eat it all before so instead I am cutting thier sizes down.
I did a cook day yesterday and cooked 2 sheperds pies, portion of spag bol and a chicken cassorole all to freeze so no more cooking for the week now. Really pleased! Was tempted to taste it all but wasnt hungry.
I am on day 4 now and feel amazing and the scales are showing a whopping loss already, its such a boost!

Good luck on your journey and keep me posted :D I weigh in offically on Friday so will post then :)

Oh and I am hoping for a tummy tuck on the NHS, I measured 58 weeks pregnant with the first set of twins and they are what wrecked my tum! Hoping that helps me along as they see from my notes that I was a whopper of a pregnant lady!
I am 5"5' tall and am just round!

lol. i really struggled this week as hubby is away and no one to stop me from sticking my head in fridge but stayed good and i am snuggly in ketosis now and feeling fab. 1st week is rubbish but week 2 and beyond is brill. i have cut down kids portions as well. luckily i have never liked eating cold food so even when they do have left overs, i wont pick. i used to cook more than needed and pick at the food as i was dishing it up so cutting the portions has stopped that. hope u have a fab weigh in this week. xx

sorry for highjacking thread!

xxx

good luck for weigh in tomorrow! looking forward to seeing what u lose xxx

Back