Hi everyone - just another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by loudpurplehair, 29 September 2011 Social URL.

1. loudpurplehair

loudpurplehair Full Member

Slimming world
    Hi all!
    I have just found this forum after doing a search on a SW question.
    But first......
    I'm 29 and suffered with my weight for as long as I can remember, though was a scarily thin child naturally.
    I have had very many ups and downs with my weight (mainly ups - of the scale's needle) and have decided it's about time to deal with it.
    I'm not actually attending SW classes; I have just won this years books on eBay, and with a home-made colourful progress chart and an incredibly supportive partner, I'm making a start.
    I have a loooooong way to go so you may be stuck with me for some time.

Anyway, to my question - do the amount of daily SW syns depend on your weight or is it generic 5-15 for everyone?

Thanks all and look forward to making friends with you all
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. breeza

breeza Gold Member

slimming world
    Hi and welcome !!

Yes the syns allowance is the same for everyone regardless of weight.
    Hope you get on well with sw I love it x
  4. loudpurplehair

Slimming world
    Thanks for your help! actually looking forward to starting it. First step down the right road, and all that!
  5. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    hello and a huge welcome to the forum,
    SW rocks!! i love it its so easy to put into real life and the whole family love the recipe's.
    Do you have a weight loss in mind or are you going for a dress size instead? good luck with your journey and enjoy the rest of your life SLIM !!
    Keep us posted :D:D
  6. loudpurplehair

Slimming world
    Hi Rachel

Well over all I'm hoping to get about 6 stone off, but thats HUGE to me to think of as a whole, so just taking it in small steps.
    I have 3 goals so far on my chart; 10%, BMI of 30 (so no longer considered obese) and then 4st off. It's gonna take time, but I guess it's a life style as opposed to just a 'diet'.

Thanks for your best wishes, looking forward to chatting with everyone more.

PS - 4lb to go?! that's fab well done!!
  7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW.

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.