Hi everyone

Well day 2 down, ate more calories, wholeweat bread and no sugar.
Also tried the purple laughing cow, which was excatly the same as the half fat version so very happy with that.

I did have some roast ham today, have been looking everywhere to find fat content but haven't been able to find it.

Basically it's a smoked ham joint. I boil it for an hour then roast it to death (i like it crispy) in the oven. I don't eat the fat because i don't like it. Only had a chunk as i was scared it would be over and send me rushing to the toilet but it was enough and i didn't feel deprived.

I was thinking today aswell, when i go on a healthy eating kick, about day 2 to 4 i have really bad guts, basically running to the loo after every meal, even after tuna salad etc. I've always assumed it was my body getting rid of the rubbish.
The same thing happened today, so nothing to do with the tablets as way under the fat content, and i wonder if some people who have started xenical think it's the tablet causing it when it's just the change in diet. U know when you hear people say "i had to rush to the loo even though i was under the 5grams"

Just a thought anyway, roll on day 3

Well day three and going o.k but had my first real temptation today. Just cooked mash and leftover roast ham for the children's lunch.
Mash is one of mybig downfalls, I could eat a whole pan, normally I'd be picking at it whilst I was serving it up, and I really wanted to. And I wanted to have some off the kids plate. And was thinking about leftovers lol. But I didn't have ANY. Just got myself some veg soup and wholeweat bread.
Am very proud of myself but it was definitely difficult.

Well done I love mash, most of the time have to taste it make sure it's ok, then scrape out the pan, still have issues with it.. We have been eating baked potatoes a lot..

I felt good last night managed not to eat some of my kids spaghetti with butter.. Had a v. Sm. bit of it plain to test temp etc.. Lol

Sounds just like me, i normally make sure that when i've dished it up there is still loads left on the spoon for me to eat, and i always cook too much.
Well done on controlling the spaghetti urge lol

I'm the same, I have to try really hard not to nibble on Oscar's food. the one I find hardest is not eating the crusts from his sandwiches when I cut them off :)

I'm the same, I have to try really hard not to nibble on Oscar's food. the one I find hardest is not eating the crusts from his sandwiches when I cut them off :)

I'm the same i'm pretty sure looking back that i cook too much of something, just so that i can have the extra. Because if it's not on my plate it i'm not really eating it:rolleyes:

Well done o.k again today, stayed under my fat allowance with everything so, so far so good with side effects.

Think the whole diet thing hit home today though because i've been a bit like a bear with a sore head (poor children). Went to MIL with the kids, who is lovely, but she's a feeder, tiny woman so she doesn't understand what it's like, but i felt like i spent all afternoon saying "no thank you". Just drank lots of coffee.

One thing i did start thinking about with the whole general grumpiness was that it wasn't that i felt hungry, deprived or felt like i wanted something but couldn't have it. What i did realise though was that when i feel like this i would normally have something for comfort, not consciously, but i kept thinking if i had a bag of cheesy doritos, sat on the couch all snuggled up i'd feel content. It's as though i don't know how to comfort myself without chewing something.

I remember reading someone's posts the other day about the nightmare of getting kids to stay in bed (sorry can't remember who), and i remember learning the lessons with my first one. When she got upset we'd take her into bed, so she basically ended up sleeping with us till she was four and i super nannied her lol. but when i had the second i was adamant i wouldn't go through that again, so right from the beginning i put her to bed awake so she could comfort herself to sleep.
And i think it's the same sort of coping mechanism that somewhere along the line i've attatched to food. So hopefully if i recognise it i can adapt and learn from it.

Well, that feels like a very heavy post, but quite cathartic, so i'm going to have another coffee now:)

I love mash...I am a carb fiend! And mash is a huge issue for me! Did you know you can have instand mash? I know it's not the same as real mash, but instand mash with beans, ohhh tha's my kind of heaven! :)

I understand what you mean about comfort, it's hard thing trying to find comfort in something other than food, it has a lot to do with how we see ourselves and our own inner insecurities, the Beck Solution may help you. I love the Beck book, I recommended it to Kirsty and I've converted her...you should take a look :)

I love mash...I am a carb fiend! And mash is a huge issue for me! Did you know you can have instand mash? I know it's not the same as real mash, but instand mash with beans, ohhh tha's my kind of heaven! :)

I understand what you mean about comfort, it's hard thing trying to find comfort in something other than food, it has a lot to do with how we see ourselves and our own inner insecurities, the Beck Solution may help you. I love the Beck book, I recommended it to Kirsty and I've converted her...you should take a look :)

Hi, so the instant mash, is that like Smash, i've never had it but willing to give it a go.

I've ordered the Beck book, got it from amazon for £4.10 including post so hopefully i'll get that sometime this week.
I'd never thought of myself as comfort eating before as there's never been the obvious "oh i'm upset so i'll raid the fridge" but you're right it's different type of comfort, like keeping myself settled. So now i'm aware of it it might make it easier, i suppose it's like anything out of your comfort zone, the more you do it the more natural it becomes.

5000183038031_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
5000354152764_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
5000183064832_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

The red one is one is 0.6g per 100g. The Yellow one is 4.8g per 100g. The green one is 1.3g per 100g

I like too add a bit of extra light philly to the plain one, few beans, it's carb heaven but really low :)

That's brilliant, it's like having my own personal shopper. Gonna get them and see what flavour I like. It'd be good to have it when the kids have mash

Well 4 days down now and still going well. Went into work today and hadn't thought really about food so not had the healthiest food but still stuck to the rules, had a pot noodle for example. Was surprised that that was under the 5/100 rule.

Anyway feeling really positive, at the minute looking forward to a really good loss in 23 days. Wasn't sure how I'd cope not weighing in each week, thought I might use it as an excuse to keep putting it off, like "if I start next week I'll still get a loss so the doc won't know" sort of thing, but I just keep thinking because it'll be four weeks I don't have to have the disappointing week to week fluctuations that can knock us all so much.

Off to bed now, ready to do it all again tomorrow :)

The pot noodle may not have been the healthiest, but it was still within the rules and it was a good choice, when you think to what you could've had :)

The pot noodle may not have been the healthiest, but it was still within the rules and it was a good choice, when you think to what you could've had :)

Thanks Bunny, i feel the same way, just glad i'm finding ways to stick to it. It'll come a lot more naturally soon, i'm sure :)

Well day 5 down, and kept to the plan again woohoo
Have to admit i've not been the nicest person to be around though. I think if i was left alone in a quiet peaceful room with a nice book and an unlimited supply of coffee then i would have been perfectly pleasant :D, but with a husband and 2 children that is not ideal thinking!
So unfortunately for hubby i've been a cow and also completely blamed him for my mood.

It's strange aswell because i've never thought of myself as a particularly moody person, quite laid back. You know, if i can fix it i will but if there isn't anything i can do then i won't let it bother me. I never realised how much i ate because i didn't feel quite myself and i knew i'd feel normal again if i ate. Odd!

Interesting day tomorrow, our eldest starts highschool, she is very excited about it, a little nervous. I'm just hoping that she makes friends and enjoys it, doesn't get picked on. She had a lot of friends at primary but didn't get any in her class, which i don't think is a bad thing as from my experience a few weeks in you have completely new friends anyway. Then on tuesday our little one starts primary school. Then i'm back to work on wednesday so need to start planning more.

I went shopping today and treated myself (which i never do). We had some M & S vouchers and i was going to save them till i lost weight, but i thought sod it, i'd like something nice and went and bought some lovely slippers and a new dressing gown/robe. Then went home got pj's on, my new slippers and robe. Lovely:). I was still horrible though.

I got the robe in a size that fits but i'd like it to hang better, and i'm looking forward to being slimmer and literally being able to wrap it around me.

Anyway that's my long waffle for today.

You're doing really well, and having a diary really does help! It's funny how much we discover about ourselves when our food comforts are taken away from us, I was a complete cow for a good 2-3 weeks at the start, then I realized it's ok to have a treat now and again, we're only human.

My eldest starts year 4 of first school this week, then he's off to middle school :( my youngest starts half days at reception in a few weeks...I think I'll be blubbing when he starts!

That robe sounds nice, I fancy a new robe and some slippers, maybe some of those with big rabbits or something on the front ;)

Hi, well she's gone off to school, she looked lovely, very grown up and little at the same time. She was so excited it was impossible to be upset. I am looking forward to her coming home to tell me all about it.

My eldest starts year 4 of first school this week, then he's off to middle school :( my youngest starts half days at reception in a few weeks...I think I'll be blubbing when he starts!

;)

I bet you won't know what to do with yourself when he goes. I'm probably going to back to work fulltime.

Some of the schools here do the half day thing for a couple of weeks, but the one Elizabeth goes to it's just straight in at the deep end.

We'll be more upset than they are, i think Elizabeth will run off and not look back

Have to admit i've not been the nicest person to be around though. I think if i was left alone in a quiet peaceful room with a nice book and an unlimited supply of coffee then i would have been perfectly pleasant :D, but with a husband and 2 children that is not ideal thinking!
So unfortunately for hubby i've been a cow and also completely blamed him for my mood.

I was the same all last week, although I find i've cheered up a lot over the last couple of days, maybe its just getting your head round all the lifestyle changes we're making, or maybe it is our husbands fault and they're just bloody annoying. I like the second one better!!! ;)

I hope your eldest has a fab time on her first day. I don't know how i'll feel when Oscar starts school. He goes to nursery one day a week now, and on his first day there I was howling in the car park after dropping him off for about half an hour. The worst thing is, i've spent the majority of my career as a nursery nurse, and I knew full well he'd be absolutely fine, but it didn't stop me being totally over dramatic and convincing myself that the staff would totally neglect him.... He's never even cried when I leave him, he's just like "bye mummy" the minute we walk through the main door!! :)

yep, it's definitely true. Charlotte went to camp last year for a week, thought she'd get homesick, but not at all, didn't even remember to ring me when she was supposed to, i had to chase up the camp. I founf it very odd not knowing what she was doing, but she had a brilliant time, came back with soo much confidence

I bet you won't know what to do with yourself when he goes. I'm probably going to back to work fulltime.

Some of the schools here do the half day thing for a couple of weeks, but the one Elizabeth goes to it's just straight in at the deep end.

We'll be more upset than they are, i think Elizabeth will run off and not look back

I will be lost without him, I've got a few little things and my usual household chores to do, I'm looking forward to having me time. I have been thinking about work lately, I probably won't go back to work for a while yet, plus I'm a single mum and trying to find work with no weekends, no evenings and working between 10am-2pm is really hard. My eldest has a leg/hip problem which makes things even more difficult, so a couple of years before I could get back into working, in the mean time, I'll probably do some college courses :)

Ours go for 2 weeks half day then if all's good they'll be full time, they stagger the children so only a few start at a time, it's good how they do that, it's not so overwhelming for them.

I was the same all last week, although I find i've cheered up a lot over the last couple of days, maybe its just getting your head round all the lifestyle changes we're making, or maybe it is our husbands fault and they're just bloody annoying. I like the second one better!!! ;)

I hope your eldest has a fab time on her first day. I don't know how i'll feel when Oscar starts school. He goes to nursery one day a week now, and on his first day there I was howling in the car park after dropping him off for about half an hour. The worst thing is, i've spent the majority of my career as a nursery nurse, and I knew full well he'd be absolutely fine, but it didn't stop me being totally over dramatic and convincing myself that the staff would totally neglect him.... He's never even cried when I leave him, he's just like "bye mummy" the minute we walk through the main door!! :)

Having people here who you can talk to, who's in the same boat as you helps too :)

yep, it's definitely true. Charlotte went to camp last year for a week, thought she'd get homesick, but not at all, didn't even remember to ring me when she was supposed to, i had to chase up the camp. I founf it very odd not knowing what she was doing, but she had a brilliant time, came back with soo much confidence

Oh jeez...I've never spent a night away from my youngest. My eldest has been having stay overs at my mums since he was little and he's stayed over in hospital a lot, but my mum stayed with him as I couldn't apart from that they've never been away from me...I'm dreading camps and week long school trips :eek:

Back