Hi everyone

Well what started off as an ok day went a bit rubbish really. Basically my eldest had an amazing time at high school and wants to learn to play the sax, which j think I'd quite cool. But this evening my car has basically given up, so undoubtably another garage bill i can't afford.
On the plus side hubby was actually lovely about the whole thing ( this is unusual ) but if made a really nice change. My little one is very excited to start school tomorrow and I still kept to my new regime.
Although hubby did say he thinks my new diet has caused me to react in an unusual way fore. I cried! Which is not normal. But atleast I did not stuff my face, which would have been normal.
Didn't even think of doing either which is a bit odd. I basically just sat here and allowed myself to be a bit upset and frustrated and now I'm not doing too bad.
Hope everyone's had a good day, been a bit quiet on here today, probably with all the kids going back to school.

Well day seven down, and apart from the car it's been a really good day.

Youngest went off for her first day of school and had an absolutely brilliant time. Told me herself she's going back tomorrow and has made lots of little friends. Even got a cetrificate for being the "star pupil" lol, which was very sweet.
Went to bed completely exhausted.
So had a nice peaceful afternoon and didn't even think about snacking which is unusual. I tend to find school holidays very hard for dieting as i don't have my normal work routine.

Back to work tomorrow, not looking forward to it, quite like my job, but not so keen on the team i'm on at the minute. I can be a bit picky people wise, my mu used to say "i don't suffer fools" .

I've planned what i'm going to eat for the next 3 days, the only thing i'm not sure what to do about is breakfast. I could take it to work, but feels a bit odd, or have it before i set off but means having it about 6 a.m which is very early for eating! probably decide in the morning.

On a plus point, which could also be a bad one, depending on how you look at it, i found out the Ben & Jerry's phish food frozen yoghurt is within the rules. 4.5gms in 100g. So i bought some, had 120 grams which was 300 and really enjoyed it. Just needed to remind myself to stop eating as i was watching something on the computer and nearly carried on on autopilot.

Anyway, off for now as early start and think i'll need the sleep for my shift.

Glad your daughter had such a good time at school, sounds like she will settle in well.

Sorry to hear about your car. Had so many car problems in the past, I feel your pain!

I've never tried frozen yoghurt, might have to give that a go.

Glad your daughter had such a good time at school, sounds like she will settle in well.

Sorry to hear about your car. Had so many car problems in the past, I feel your pain!

I've never tried frozen yoghurt, might have to give that a go.

Frozen yoghurt is yummy! Plow fat, jsuyt watch the cals though...you could try making your own or whack some yoghurts in the freezer for a bit :)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Phish food, I'm off to Waitrose!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) xx

Glad your doing so well. xx

Was it on this thread thread I said Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia is allowed? I can't remember!...loosing my mind lol!

Was it on this thread thread I said Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia is allowed? I can't remember!...loosing my mind lol!

Hi yeah it was on here, never had it, gonna have to give it a try.

I was so anal when i had it, weighed the tub, then weighed it again when i finished so i knew exactly how many grams i'd had i had 230 calories. And it was delicious.

Hi, well was back at work today. Not too bad, long!
Kept to the rules, but haven't had enought to eat today. Was up at 5.20 to have a bath, wash my hair. Then kids up at 6, dropped them off at 6.30 then had to get to work. Hence no breakfast (excuse i know but i am the most disorganised mother ever. I once sent my daughter to school during half term!)
Had a tesco lighter choice lasagne for lunch which was very nice, and some ryvita minis, but nothing then till just now. So have only had 85 calories.

Will be up for a couple of hours yet so will have something else in a bit, and wrap something up to take for breakfast tomorrow.

Was thinking today that if this was a normal "diet" this would be my weigh in day. Started on the xenical last wednesday. And i know that i've been so good i'll have a good loss. But really looking forward to sticking to it for another 3 weeks and hopefully (fingers crossed) having an amazing loss. I'm very excited, like a kid at xmas.

I normally have high fruit alpen with milk or a muller light yoghurt & a banana for breakfast & at lunch I include 40g dry shredded wheat which I eat in lieu of crisps. On days where I'm short of time I have the shredded wheat & banana in the car & the alpen for lunch, as the shredded wheat are dry they're easy to snack on at my desk or in the car. M

Have you seen the little take away tubs of cereals and porridge they're doing now? If you wanted the cereals, you'd only need to take the pot, spoon and a little milk in a container with you, the porridge ones are lovely..you make it up like a pot noodle, pot the lid on and off you go, by the time you've come to eat it, it'll be just the right temp! Great flavours too :)

Have you seen the little take away tubs of cereals and porridge they're doing now? If you wanted the cereals, you'd only need to take the pot, spoon and a little milk in a container with you, the porridge ones are lovely..you make it up like a pot noodle, pot the lid on and off you go, by the time you've come to eat it, it'll be just the right temp! Great flavours too :)

I know M and S do some gorgeous ones....... Not sure on the fat content of those though. xx

I know M and S do some gorgeous ones....... Not sure on the fat content of those though. xx

The Oats So Simple instant pots are 5gs per100g, and I think 2-3grams for the whole pot... I loves me porridge :D

Hi, well not been around for the last coulee of days but still doing well. Went out the other night, kept to all the rules apart from 2 slices of veggie pizza at 3 a.m which I'm pleased with normally I'd had eaten a lot more and snacked through the night.
Hungover yesterday which would normally mean stodge all day to make me feel better, like mcdonalds. But didn't have any, was really good to make up for the night put. No tango incidents or anything. So just going to work now, brought breakfast and everything.
oh, also my clothes are looser, and I'm flatter, no gloating like I normally would from all the food I'd have eaten. So feel good about that too.

oh, also my clothes are looser, and I'm flatter, no gloating like I normally would from all the food I'd have eaten. So feel good about that too.

It does make you feel good when you start to notice the little things. For me it was when i had to buy a belt for my trousers and i've already had to move it a couple of notches.

I usually eat wheetabix for breakie but I am getting a little fed up with it so I deceided a couple of weeks ago to try some porridge. I haven't tried it since I was a child(when i hated it). I still hate it!!!!!

I usually eat shredded wheat fruitful with a banana but just tried special k with peaches yummy!!

Hi, well i'm really struggling today. Not cheated, just had a small bag of dolly mixtures hoping they'd help.
I'm not the slightest bit hungry, in fact i'm full but i just want something to eat. And nothing is working. I know i just want to go to the chippy and get a big portion of chips and a cheese and onion pie, and part of me keeps telling me that once in two weeks is nothing, but i also know it would be. I'd do it again the next day and then the next and all the good i've done will be ruined. But it's killing me :-(
Melodramatic i know i just feel crap and needed to vent. I'm just hoping tomorrow that the urge has gone away and i feel more normal again. As long as it's just a day every so often i can learn to deal with it but i won't be able to resist if it's like this everyday.

When i did WW years ago, if i wanted crap i'd use my points for it so i could go and have it if i wanted it just meant i couldn't eat for the rest of the day (which is rubbish i know) but it solved the problem at the time.

Anyway, enough misery from me (it's not like me either) hopefully i'll wake up tomorrow and feel a whole lot better.

Its fine to vent hun, thats what a diary is there for. It can be hard, but just try to focus on the reason you are doing it and how amazing you will feel when you have achieved your goal. Hope your ok,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, everyone, well i'm still here. i've not been on the boards, i was back at work and to be honest had a really horrible week at work. It's all over and things are better again but i was basically just coming home and going to bed.
Good thing is i still followed the rules, it did get much better after my difficult day so that was a relief. I rang the doc's yesterday and booked my weigh in appointment for 9 a.m on the 27th which i'm looking forward to , the time seems to be going so quickly.

I still find it surprising how many things i wouldn't have thought was that bad that is above the grams in the rules. But you can always find an alternative. I did have 1 packet of mccoys this week, but i hadn't had any tea so i figured it couldn't do any harm. And caused no ill effects but it's not something i'll be doing regularly.

The trouble at work has kind of done me a favour though i think, it's pushed me to get in touch with a college and see if i can go back to doing a Law degree. I started it years ago, but when my mum passed away didn't have child care to go to work and then do an evening degree, so i'm going to see the tutor on monday to see if i can go back which i'm really excited about.

So onwards and upwards, another 10 days and hopefully i'm going to have a really good loss for the challenge.

Back