Hi everyone

L15ASA

I'm on Day 1 and it's my first time on LT. I love the advice and positivity on this forum! I really hope I can do this 100% as I'm a size 20 and miserable :(. I was a size 12/14 before I had my kids but now am so overweight and really hate myself. This feels like the last resort. Had a strawberry shake this morning and was almost gagging by the end of it, hope it improves!! Lisa

Just tried vanilla shake and its worse. Any tips?!

Thanks Sarah. Do you think I'll adjust to them? I'm going back to pharmacy today as they gave me 3 to try then I can choose the rest. Hoping the soup is better!

Hi Lisa, I only like the chocolate, but if you just think of it as medicine to make you slim you might be able to tolerate them better lol Good luck huni the first week is rough but you will start to feel better by day 5 :)

hi hun i like the chocolate shakes i dont mind the strawberry ones too but really not keen on the vanilla, the lady at the chemist said to me if you are not keen then just down them lol. i cant stand the soup but you might like it hun good luck x.

I've got some of each to try now and will have soup for dinner. Thanks for replying, I was ready to give up when I made my son's lunch! I hope it gets easier x

It will get easier hun, honest :D I like strawberry and chocolate only, I only like them with ten tonne of ice and through a straw ;) Day 3/4 will be the worst days but keep your paracetamol handy and fill up on water. You can do it :D

Hi Hun I wasn't keen on them when I started the diet. My favourite was vanilla but even that I struggled with. 6 weeks later and I hate the vanilla but love the choc and strawberry. In fact I look forward to them. Stick with it and u might find ur tastes will change and you come to like them. :)

Hi, i must be the odd one as i like the vanilla, strawberry and chicken soup but cant stand the chocolate one, i was gagging when i tried that one
Lisaaa it does get a bit easier each day but i found day 4 the most difficult, ive just had my first weigh in today and i lost 9lb so it really does work, keep going and persevere the results will be so worth it

I can only drink them made with water from the fridge as it seems to get rid of some of the taste, also I hate the lumps left in it when you shake it, that's what makes me feel sick so I make it with a stick hand blender and it makes it totally smooth and much easier to drink. You can make them up into a mousse by using less water too so if you really don't like them it's less to swallow in a mousse, just make sure you drink enough water to make up the difference.

It gets much much better after the first week, I'm only on day 5 after not having done it for years and it's been really hard but stick with it and once you get past the first week it seems to get a bit easier and seeing your jeans get too big for you in a week or too really helps the shakes taste better too!

Thanks everyone. Ended up in a&e with my little boy tonight so have had a really stressful day but I had the soup at 11.30pm when we finally got home & I loved it! Wish I'd got more soup and less shakes but I know for next week now x

The ice cold water and also the mousse ideas sound great too, I'll definitely experiment!

I've been really curious about the mousse thing. How much water do you have to add roughly to get a mousse consistency?

I hope your little boy is ok L15. xx

He looks terrible bless him, he went head first off the sofa through the patio doors and out onto concrete :( I'm feeling much better today though with the shakes & soup ;)

He looks terrible bless him, he went head first off the sofa through the patio doors and out onto concrete :( I'm feeling much better today though with the shakes & soup ;)

OMG L15ASA, I hope the little fella is doing ok today, and I must say you did well to stay on Lipotrim :eek: I am glad you are feeling better today :D

Hi, You are so right, i am a newbie to this forum and to the diet as well, i can only stomach the chocolate shakes and even then i have to hold my nose :yuk: i put my bottle of water in the freezer so it is ice cold and then i make the shake, i am actually starting it again from tomorrow i started about a month ago and failed miserably in my first week :( now my aim is to stick with it even when it gets really hard especially the first week. To make things worse, i live with the in laws and they dont believe in tfr diets. My husband knows i will be doing it but no one else does. i'm hoping i can come here and post to my hearts content, hopefully that will make me forget food! Also my pharmacist said his wife used to make the shake as a mousse and then scoop teaspoon amounts onto a baking tray and bake for a few minutes until they turned crispy. She used to then eat them as a snack. He said this helps the brain into thinking you are eating something (because you tend to miss chewing food).

Thanks Kay

Ahh Shabz you can do it, I feel so much better on day 2 & I'm sure our tastes will adapt to the shakes. Just stick at it and it'll be all worth it. Lisa x

Back