Hi everyone

pink-sparkle

Hi guys,

Just joined this evening ready for the new year. I will be here for a while as I've a fair bit to lose! Any other newbies starting 1st Jan 2013?

Hi Pink sparkle, welcome to the forum.

Are you planning on following any specific diet plan or just eating healthier and exercising.

I've already started my diet but will be upping my exercise levels at the new year.

Good luck with your weight loss

Hello and welcome!

To be honest, the new year really is a fresh start for a dieter. Even people who are already in deep progress. I know once 1st Jan comes that I will have a fresh new year, the beginning of the healthiest year of my life. So it really kicks up motivation, a nice blank canvas.

But a few people are start come 1st Jan, all new users. I mean, who starts a diet around Xmas-New Years Eve anyway? :p

Enjoy your last few days without a diet! And good luck when you start.

Good morning and thanks for the welcome!

I'm going to be calorie counting with an app I've downloaded for my iPhone (it has a barcode scanner etc but I can't remember the name) and I'm also going to start exercising at the local leisure centre.

I've tried diets before - Slimming World and Weight Watchers - and managed ok but didn't stick at it, but I've never combined it with exercise so that's the bit I'm nervous (but also excited) about!!

I've got over 10 stone to lose so I know it'll be a long journey, but I've just turned 30, I'm getting married in 18 months, and we're on the waiting list for IVF treatment so plenty to motivate me!!

Glad I've found this place - seems very friendly so far!!!

x

Back